Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Nah, they have different animations, skins, everything. These Sub-Races were always meant to just be different skin choices.
    Ah, ok. So you wanted a new Panda, or Draenei, or Worgen?

I don't know, there's always the possibility of "Allied Races" unlocks later in the expansion. Those snake-head guys, or the vulpen, or something else.

I play a Draenei Paladin but I would not switch her to a Lightforged Draenei. I don't think yellow eyes and white skin tones look all that cool. I like the regular Draenei's blue skin color.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    fucking shit -.- No amani (forest) trolls? I want to go full wc2 here >.<
    I might know what the real difference in terms of appearance is, but do we really need a whole sub race based on name alone? The same goes for wildhammer dwarfs? What's the point of adding something similar looking as a sub race on name alone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I imagine by allied races, they mean additional body types for the existing races.
    It's more than just body types. They will have their own unique racials and stat baselines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think Void Elves are not Nightborne, they are Void High Elfs like Alleria.
    Yep. And they get interesting Entropius-like void winglets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

This was the only part of the expansion I was excited about and the restrictive class combos took it down a notch

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That would be freakin amazing if it was a hidden unlock similar to Artifact skins or Green Fire! DOOOO EEEEET blizzard! Make it happen!
    Aye! And as you stated and others have, they already have the fully model ready, with gear and such, they will ofcourse need to tweak animations, custmastions and so on. But I do really hope so aswell!

... I just realised, is this a wierd compensation for not yet uppgradeting the goblin and worgen models? "We took them both and made this new "unique" model!"?

I wouldn't mind, but then I wanna play it xP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Wish there'd be more, like Mag'har orcs and stuff, but maybe that was just because they didn't want to flood the screen. We'll see in the panel.
    This will likely be the case. More "allied races" with future content patches. Personally rooting hard for Mag'har and Vrykul to be next in line.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah agreed. Lorewise it's a bit of a bizzarre move.

Same goes for HIghmountain. We saved their whole fucking civilisation.
    horde aided army of the light but light draenei is ally same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Aye! And as you stated and others have, they already have the fully model ready, with gear and such, they will ofcourse need to tweak animations, custmastions and so on. But I do really hope so aswell!

... I just realised, is this a wierd compensation for not yet uppgradeting the goblin and worgen models? "We took them both and made this new "unique" model!"?

I wouldn't mind, but then I wanna play it xP
    Could easily be set up as a "subrace" of goblins, considering the model.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Could easily be set up as a "subrace" of goblins, considering the model.
    That would be really cool, but I think sadly that won't be the case, since they are, erh, not goblin enough? I will assume they gonna rather take races that already got a stable connection to each race. Orcs - Maghar, Goblins - Hob-Goblin, Forsaken - ... No idea, Gnomes - Mechanomes??? Honesntly, not sure what more races they can add after that, Mag'har for orcs obviously. But not sure about the others.

But yeh, would be badass if they add Vulpera for Horde~ Or that snekfolk.
    Last edited by OverFanNisseFrasse; 2017-11-04 at 12:16 AM.

im sorry but night borne on horde makes so little sense, they are basically night elves why would they not just ally with their own kin of past (i know you can somewhat argue the same for blood elvs) but their culture is still more in a state aligned more with alliance / NE ideals... why would they follow a crazy clearly evil lich queen.

i mean i get it they want ne on horde and be on alliance.... whatever

It sounds like theyre brand new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont really understand why nightborn can be prest or monk and cant be shaman i mean in the zone or raid you never see pirest or monk and they dont really believe in the light they believe in the well and arcane and in the raid you have aluriel boss who are kind like shaman she sum a lot of elementals and you also have botanist who are like a druid

Then why prest and monk cant be swaped by druid and shaman?

The new male trolls stand straight up instead of hunched. This tells me for sure we are eventually getting non hunched Orcs. Finally!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemion Demento View Post
    Yep. And they get interesting Entropius-like void winglets.
    thats the transmog reward for leveling one, its not a feature of the subrace

Quote Originally Posted by Azax View Post
    im sorry but night borne on horde makes so little sense, they are basically night elves why would they not just ally with their own kin of past (i know you can somewhat argue the same for blood elvs) but their culture is still more in a state aligned more with alliance / NE ideals... why would they follow a crazy clearly evil lich queen.

Culturally they're mana-addicted aristocrats. Snobs high on arcane cocaine. They're far removed from tree hugging hippies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I play a Draenei Paladin but I would not switch her to a Lightforged Draenei. I don't think yellow eyes and white skin tones look all that cool. I like the regular Draenei's blue skin color.
    They have a whole different array of horns and they all have Golden tattoos too (if they're based on current models).

Though I do agree that there are a lot cooler and more different races we could have had instead. (Even Eredar that have broken free of the Legion maybe)

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Which raises a question..when you unlock that transmog can you use that gear on any character? Or only characters of that race? Or better question: can you use them on races of the opposing faction? Someone ask that tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azax View Post

Nightbourn have A LOT more in common with blood elves. Night elves are all natury tree huggers. Both blood elves and nightborn are magic addicts. They both place vanity above functionality. They're both sub species of night elves that evolves due to long term exposure to a magical font of energy (Sunwell/Nightwell). It's likely the nightborn can drink from the Sunwell to satiate their addiction. Something the night elves can't offer. Their in game model may more closely relate to night elves but they are as much night elves as blood elves are. Their culture got radically changed. Playable night-elves are almost exclusively lowborn tree hugger Kaldorei. Versus nightborn who were highborn. Few highborn exist is pure anymore. Most became Naga, and most of the rest became high/blood elves. The nightborn were highborn but the nightwell mutated them, just as the sunwell mutated the blood elves. Their story is analogues.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Oh how lame. Without that, they're just Goth blood elves.
    Diablo 3 Profile