Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If it is the classic experience, you wont be seeing any Cthun/KT kills for probably a year. 40man raids with bosses dropping 2/3 items and having hard gear checks in each raid(e.g. you cannot skip raids, you need to progress through each one in sequence, including Fire resist for MC/BWL, Nature resist for AQ and Frost resist gear sets for majority of members).
    Strategies are already known for all the bosses, there will be better addons than vanilla had, especially since the engine will be updated. Players overall got way better than they were in vanilla. As example a lot of players in vanilla were clickers even at top end of pve. A lot of early 40man bosses like Onyxia and some MC bosses can be undermanned with like 20 competent people. The biggest blocker might be gear since you only got 2 items per boss, or none of the top players actually playing on that server. Even with gear being a block dps checks wont feel as tough if everyone min/maxes. Back in vanilla it was common to have lets say 2 hunters and one hunter doing like 50% more dps than the other. If everyone min/maxes to even 90% of their potential the dps checks won't be as rough.

As for C'thun, he was heavily bugged originally and I assume blizzard will release bug free version.

Only thing I want added is tier sets that allow hybrids to be things other than healers. That was always lame, even in vanilla.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla changed so much over the course of 11 patches, it's hard to pick an ideal version.

Dungeons changed, lockouts changed, loot changed, classes changed considerably each patch.

But modern stuff needs to stay out of it.

fuck no, take you pure pristine vanilla and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    no. i hope its a direct copy paste version of the patch before burning crusade. shit graphics, bugs, and all. enjoy your classic servers.

thanks we will enjoy the classic server for sure.. in the meanwhile compare the upvotes and comments in wow reddit and enjoy your next expansion
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    vanilla..from blizzard...with HD textures...GOD DAMN it AMAZING

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    -updated graphics
    -better class balance
    -improved UI

You know like what Pokemon Games do with their old titles FireRed, HeartGold, etc. Thoughts? I know there are purists out there and there are also toxic people who just want the crappy parts of the game to stay so that were pressured to go to their latest expansion.
    I guess thats what they are aimed for.
    Vanilla greatness has nothing common with shitty 2005 visual, class lack of balance and shitty UI.
    Hard content was what made the game back then good.
    Strong mobs, lack of heirlooms, lack of profession boosters and gold boosters, no LFG and LFR were the things that made people actively socialize and that made Vanilla great. Keep these features, add nowadays visual and make 50% of specs playable and that would make a great Vanilla experience.

Vanilla+2017 graphics+3 playable specs for every class =/= nowadays WoW.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2017-11-04 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    why are there soooo many people that hate classic wow???? lol it gave birth to the pile of shit you play now oooooooor was the foundation of the "great" game you now play. its like hating vanilla ice cream but you eat cookies and and cream...
    Right? I have no idea why it's such a big issue for people to automatically hate vanilla for its "imperfections". Of course it has imperfections, but most people love those imperfections. I for one am 100% okay with vanilla being copy-pasted from blizzlike vanilla private servers. I do not want anything changed, especially not class balance. Sure it would be nice for every spec to be viable, but that's something retail does better if you wanted better class balance. I for one do not like updated graphics either. Even though current wow looks better, doesn't make it feel better to me. Like the weather effects in vanilla, for example, I prefer over the current ones (comparing rainstorm in tirisfal glades in retail and vanilla). I don't know if the rough look gives it more immersion or what, but I definitely would not want any graphics changes. However, one of the few things that I would not mind is maybe some UI changes, but not much. In all, I am for 0 changes to the classic vanilla and all its imperfections. If they do make visual/ui changes, let there be an option to turn them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ohhhh no no no. Ya'll asked for pristine, perfect vanilla exactly as it was in 2004, and that's what you're getting!
    Exactly, you wanted classic wow, you got it. Warrior tanks being the only tanks, priests being best healers. Bye bye ret, fury, arms, spriests (only used for mana) and every other dps spec of hybrid classes. Hello spending 6-8 months farming gear to gear your tank for naxx only to lose your MT to another guild. WAnt to respec? Oh boi!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If it is the classic experience, you wont be seeing any Cthun/KT kills for probably a year. 40man raids with bosses dropping 2/3 items and having hard gear checks in each raid(e.g. you cannot skip raids, you need to progress through each one in sequence, including Fire resist for MC/BWL, Nature resist for AQ and Frost resist gear sets for majority of members).
    I think you’re forgetting how advanced the playerbase and addons are. I’d be shocked If people weren’t killing Ragnaros within two weeks of launch, Nefarion with in two months, C’thun and KT will be on farm by advanced guilds easily with in 6 months of launch.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-11-04 at 12:07 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapanth View Post
    Exactly, you wanted classic wow, you got it. Warrior tanks being the only tanks, priests being best healers. Bye bye ret, fury, arms, spriests (only used for mana) and every other dps spec of hybrid classes. Hello spending 6-8 months farming gear to gear your tank for naxx only to lose your MT to another guild. WAnt to respec? Oh boi!!!
    Blizzard literally explained that that IS NOT what they are getting, so why in god's name do you think it is?

Blizzard were very clear that this basically was "remastered" Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I guess thats what they are aimed for.
    Vanilla greatness has nothing common with shitty 2005 visual, class lack of balance and shitty UI.
    Vanilla+2017 graphics+3 playable specs for every class =/= nowadays WoW.
    Yeah, that is called WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Blizzard literally explained that that IS NOT what they are getting, so why in god's name do you think it is?

Blizzard were very clear that this basically was "remastered" Vanilla.
    Meh, interest just died.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    As example a lot of players in vanilla were clickers even at top end of pve.
    I didn't even know how to effectively move with my mouse and use keybinds until I had to to kill the Rhok'delar demons... And I was the person responsible for chain-pulling the trash in MC. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the gameplay in vanilla if they don't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Holy shit its not even out and now we are getting the threads asking for changes.
    I hate to be the I told you so guy but... I told you so.

I didn't even know how to effectively move with my mouse and use keybinds until I had to to kill the Rhok'delar demons... And I was the person responsible for chain-pulling the trash in MC. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the gameplay in vanilla.
    Private servers are proof of that. Shit gets cleared so fast in there it isn't even funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Are you fucking stupid OP? You asked for classic realms, now you want remastered classic realms? Fuck outta here, seriously.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Are you fucking stupid OP? You asked for classic realms, now you want remastered classic realms? Fuck outta here, seriously.
    Blizzard said they're doing it remastered style so... er... what the fuck?

15+ Year Old Account
    He did say it will be completely different that what private servers have offered, so re-mastering is to be expected.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    As I recall 90% of vanilla was not being able to find shit because the quest instructions were vague and/or actually misleading.
    thottbot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry, but no. People wanted the old days, they have it.
    To be fair we don't actually know what will be coming... It's not impossible that they might implement some of the graphical improvements of modern WOW into the classic servers. The improvements to lighting and shadows wouldn't impact the Vanilla experience in my opinion.

I really don't think they should be making any major class balance changes though. Some class specs were useless and that's just the way things were.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I hope we can use current addons, as the UI addons sucked back then.
    Changing the information available will fundamentally change how the content is played.

Lots of demands for "quality of life improvements", without a single thought as to the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.