Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah I'm race changing my belf to orc now cause they basically messed up all elves, but it's still hilarious

Um, I hate to break it to you sweety, but it is not happening. Literally every relevant High elf turned a Void elf, Blizzard isn't adding High elves after adding Nightborne and Void elves, they're not turning this to World of Elfcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    I would laugh so hard if they decide to reunite the quel thalas elves as members of the horde cause of reasons. Would enjoy the cries of alliance players <3
    I want this to happen so much. Lor'themar is already giving High elves access to the Sunwell, so it might very well happen.

So, we're not really getting sub-races, but "Allies Races". And the Void Elves aren't the whole High Elf race, but playable disciples of Alleria. And by the sounds of it, not something Vareesa approves of.

I suppose Ravenmoon isn't going to be supper happy here. As this only has void-twisted High Elves playable.

As meny have already said in this thread, the Alliance got their wish for a "High Elf" playable race on the Alliance side!-... just with that dark twist(literally, considering they are all void) in that wish. Horde got Zandalari, I am happy!

... although I am still waiting for Goblin and Worgen model remake. *Taps foot, waiting*
    Last edited by OverFanNisseFrasse; 2017-11-04 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    As meny have already said in this thread, the Alliance got their wish for a "High Elf" playable race on the Alliance side!-... just with that dark twist(literally, considering they are all void) in that wish. Horde got Zandalari, I am happy!

... although I am still waiting for Goblin and Worgen model remake. *Taps foot, waiting*
    I would have preferred forest troll

hordies act like the orc allied race isnt just going to be red skinned orcs
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post

I maintained for years that the only way the Alliance would get some sort of Thalassian elf would be with some sort of twist to make them distinct.

As for the remake that is probably in the pipeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    Mag'har would be pretty awesome even if they are only a colour change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    I hope we have dragonmaw skin is the best

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Can it be true? really true? it's the first tangible piece of evidence, i dare not believe it.. if so YES , FANTASTIC YES ... I have LONGED FOR THIS, campaigned for this, switched sides for this.
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...aces-datamined

Move over night elves (don't really care that much about you any more, you were a placeholder) and welcome the high elves coming home. Although they have a twist to them now that is known as void elves, they have been linked with the alliance. And nightborne with the horde (a fair trade if you ask me) hordies can get some night elf lore they can attach to, and finally we can have access to high elves.

To be honest i never really liked night elves that much, but we had no choice in vanilla as they wer the only elves available, and since high elves never materialised, (blood elves felt wrong) I kinda adopted them. Remember they were the first elves to show up in the warcraft story, the whole point of night elves is to be a background for the high elves. Blood elves was just a flavor who's horde placement was only there to fix the balance problems back there. This is the true homecoming of the elves.

The lengths i have gone through for this. EVERY CHARACTER is going to race change to high (void) elf. Every single one.

YES YES YES YES YES YES .. . what lovely news to come home to.. it surely is far too late to change, anyway, so lets hear it. How excited are you about this?

very good new blizzard, very good news.
    You make me cringe so hard.

Honestly, this move annoys me. I have always like the Blood Elf look for Rogues and being a Rogue main I moved over to Horde for it. I also like some of the other races but longed for upright Orcs and Undead. I have always liked the Alliance races better overall but given my favorite looking race was not on Alliance I reluctantly switched. Moving over to Horde I was pleasantly surprised at how much more mature the Horde side of things was.

Now, I am not annoyed that I wish I was Alliance and got this news because I too wanted High Elves -- but I think the decision is a bad one. What they should have done is give Horde more appealing "sub-races" to even out the population. To add, winey Alliance players who made zero sacrifices get what they wanted. Best looking races and now they have the best looking Horde race (before you say this is subjective, take a look at any Horde server. It's primarily Blood Elves). Wanting High Elves on Alliance and so many Blood Elf players on Horde tells you one thing -- the other races are not as appealing to most. The solution to this is to make other races more appealing. The Sin'dorei and upright Trolls was a good direction but it's mitigated by giving Alliance one of the Horde's models without doing the same for Horde. They should have given the horde a thinner or different looking Human or something that is equally as appealing.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    You make me cringe so hard.

Honestly, this move annoys me. I have always like the Blood Elf look for Rogues and being a Rogue main I moved over to Horde for it. I also like some of the other races but longed for upright Orcs and Undead. I have always liked the Alliance races better overall but given my favorite looking race was not on Alliance I reluctantly switched. Moving over to Horde I was pleasantly surprised at how much more mature the Horde side of things was.

Now, I am not annoyed that I wish I was Alliance and got this news because I too wanted High Elves -- but I think the decision is a bad one. What they should have done is give Horde more appealing "sub-races" to even out the population. To add, winey Alliance players who made zero sacrifices get what they wanted. Best looking races and now they have the best looking Horde race (before you say this is subjective, take a look at any Horde server. It's primarily Blood Elves). Wanting High Elves on Alliance and so many Blood Elf players on Horde tells you one thing -- the other races are not as appealing to most. The solution to this is to make other races more appealing. The Sin'dorei and upright Trolls was a good direction but it's mitigated by giving Alliance one of the Horde's models without doing the same for Horde. They should have given the horde a thinner or different looking Human or something that is equally as appealing.
    You're the winey one, friend.

And, yes, they HAVE already given one of the Alliance to the Horde, it's the Nightbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    To be honest that's what I kinda expected, and now they pissed many people off. They pissed Horde off because they basically gave Alliance one of it's races. They pissed Alliance off because Horde got not one, but actually TWO more distinct races (Nightborne and Zandalari), and it even pissed the people who wanted High Elves off, because they got some hideous grey version of them.
    You hit the nail on the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    You're the winey one, friend.

And, yes, they HAVE already given one of the Alliance to the Horde, it's the Nightbourne.

I am winey because I gave a solution that would have made more people happy and evened out the player base?

See, when you take personal bias (because as I said, I also wanted High Elves) out of the equation and develop a solution that makes sense -- it's not wining.

Stop reaching to support the fact that you got what you wanted and you're all giddy about it. Also, if you think Nightbourne are Night Elves or that Horde wanted them anywhere near as much as Alliance wanted High Elves -- I don't think I can hold a conversation with you.

Horde have been asking for upright Orcs and Undead (also non-human undead) for ages. Like I said, the Trolls was a step in the right direction but what was done has caused a mess in my opinion.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

I'm sure there'll be more skin and hair colors than just black and white. Including some more "normal" ones (but still pale, don't count on a tanned void elf).

Or, like I said before (and everyone was bashing me for it):

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    - They won't be heavily changed. Those who expect them to be fully voidy or withered or wretched are deluding themselves. You can't make a successful feature by enraging the customers that wanted that feature in the first place. They will have different eyes, hair colors, maybe patches of taint over their skin, but you can bet they'll still be reckognizable as "almost high elves".

- Conceptually speaking, we have night elves and "day" (blood) elves. The nightborne and void elves will probably be, respectively, "dawn" and "dusk" elves. In other words, the nightborne are "dawning", they are night elves moving towards the day. As such, I'll risk saying that void elves will be "dusking": their "light" is dimming, their colors are fading. I think they'll be "day" elves moving towards the night.

(...)

- About their appearance, I'll guess: purple eyes; skins varying from the lighter tones of the blood elves to even paler ones, maybe a few white or light blue skin tones; their hair colors will use the lighter tones of the blood elves, plus a few new light blue, purple, black, grey or true white colors.

(...)

- I think some options will allow you to make your void elf very alike a standard high elf, with a blue eye, light skin color and no markings. Kinda like you can make a demon hunter without blindfold and horns. However, there'll be way more options that deviate from that look.
    So, yeah, waiting to see how customizable they'll be before passing final judgement, like some people are being too quick to do.
    Whatever...

I thought they were gonna look like Alleria's void form. Am disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, Void Elves are "almost High Elves" as much as they could be "almost Blood Elves".

Point is, there's no recognizable "High Elf" trait there and that's logical, since "High Elves" have little to no characteristic trait. Alleria could have picked a number of Blood Elves instead of High Elves and wouldn't have literally made a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, Void Elves are "almost High Elves" as much as they could be "almost Blood Elves".

Point is, there's no recognizable "High Elf" trait there and that's logical, since "High Elves" have little to no characteristic trait. Alleria could have picked a number of Blood Elves instead of High Elves and wouldn't have literally made a difference.
    Look at pictures. They have blue eyes. They are High Elves and they will probably have customization options to look more traditional High Elf.

*drop mic*

Deleted

Wrong. To resist the void whispers, you need some backbone.

At first I was upset Alli got Void Elves, then I saw the screenshots of them, and....lololololololololol *deep breath* lolololololololol". You guys can have em, they look just like Nightborn/NE, but more pale. The shoulder effects are cool, but everything else is just a BE with slight blue tinges.

Kid:"Dad, will you give me a Playstation for my birthday?"
    Dad: "Sure, son. Here is your Xbox."

Man, you are wrestling with what's in front of your eyes and still disbelieving it.

It's a damn blood elf model with white skin and black hair. Heck, I pretty much nailed how they'd look. I said they'd have white or bluish skins.

And there will be customization. Do you think all skin colors will be white and all hair colors will be black?

I do not expect any tanned looks for these elves, but a few pale "normal" skins are a given. Check blood elf skins and look for the two or three lightest ones, you can bet there'll be similar skin colors in that range for Void Elves.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Kid:"Dad, will you give me a Playstation for my birthday?"
    Dad: "Sure, son. Here is your Xbox."
    Oh, calm down... You haven't even seen their customization options. The dark naaru symbols are clearly the racial shoulders you get from leveling from 20-120. The purple skin is almost certainly going to be changeable as well. That, or they will get a toggle like Worgen have. Are you really going to complain about a skin hue after getting the race you wanted?! These high elf fanboys are as bad as the anti-high elf fanboys. Sheesh!