Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    And that's fine. It might end up being 100% vanilla, no one knows yet. In any case, i'm fairly certain it will be vastly different from what we have now.
    Yes, it's pretty early for us to tell now, we'll need to wait now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hope not, they shouldn't put too much work into old relics compared to the work they need to put into current content. People after all, wanted to experience the old content.
    Kind of how I feel too. I'd love to putz around on the classic servers, but they won't be the classic servers if they go and meddle with them trying to bring them up to current things. That means no spells that were created TBC or later and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Kind of how I feel too. I'd love to putz around on the classic servers, but they won't be the classic servers if they go and meddle with them trying to bring them up to current things. That means no spells that were created TBC or later and things like that.
    I wasn’t really referring to redesigning any classes. Literally just numbers/scaling to bring things a little closer together, not reworks.

They obviously will. That's just common sense. Do people think classes will be like they were when the game launched? Or at some middle point of vanilla? Or after each classes 'review'? For example, if they made enhancement shaman like it was after the shaman review...it would be unplayable. My -hope- is they'll pick a point at which each spec was considered the most fun and go with that.

Leave it initially, prepare balancing patch for inevitable backlash so it can be activated after a week when people can't take it. Nothing further, otherwise it'll be in constant flux for no real reason.

All they will do is update the graphics so it's on the sc2 engine and leave everything else alone. It'll be like brood war remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    I wasn’t really referring to redesigning any classes. Literally just numbers/scaling to bring things a little closer together, not reworks.
    I'd be okay with that personally. Would be nice to play any spec instead of just whatever spec was best when Vanilla went into TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    There's no better way to show you never played in Vanilla than saying this.
    Someone should inform him that it was party buff, not raid
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-11-04 at 02:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

For it to work long-term they have to rebalance it. No one is going to play for more than a few months once they realize they're shoehorned into healing if they wanna play Priest Pally Shaman or Druid, or being forced to tank as a Warrior. They at least need to rebalance to the point of specs being as viable as they are on regular WoW, I would like to be able to play Enhance Shaman and be useful in PvE.

What I'm more interested in is what patch they'll be using and whether or not it will progress, and how. I imagine not all raids will be available at the beginning, but how will it handle the introduction of abilities that came with BC pre-patch? It was technically Vanilla but it changed balancing massively and added tons of abilities that changed classes entirely. Plus with everything they know about class balancing now, I really don't think they would just drop us into 1.0 and expect people to enjoy it.

Deleted
    In my opinion they should do a little bit of balancing on release but not much.

We know exactly how good and bad the specs are since the time 1.12 released.

Don't nerf anything, only buff trash specs a bit

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtathsMom View Post
    In my opinion they should do a little bit of balancing on release but not much.

We know exactly how good and bad the specs are since the time 1.12 released.

Don't nerf anything, only buff trash specs a bit
    Balance 120. not 60.

Any time Blizzard tries to balance ANYTHING... the nerfed side starts crying.

Playing "Vanilla WoW" and expecting a balanced game is like rolling on a PvP server and complaining about getting ganked.

Again, you literally cannot touch any specs/talents nothing. It has to be the same as it was, or the servers may as well not exist.

They almost certainly will if only because they have more elegant ways to do things nowadays that they wouldn't have been able to do back in the day.

That said, I hope they keep the experience as close as possible to the vanilla experience. While I personally like the idea of a revamped vanilla game, I don't think that's the target.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Minor tweaking isn't a bad thing. No new added abilities, or spec changes, but there's nothing wrong with a tune-up. And with a completely separate team taking a look at it, no reason we can't have it, because it won't affect current WoW.

I think they will and I think they should.

Vanilla is great, but it had many flaws in it. This is Blizzards chance to create the perfect game. Take the best aspect of vanilla (its ability to foster community) and combine it with the QoL of retail (more balance, more options and generally bug/glitch/exploit free) and you have a damn near perfect game.

IF retail could create communities the way vanilla did it would still have the 10+ million members it boasted in wrath. But once it gave players the OPTION to avoid talking/communicating with other players on the realm. community started to die. Forced communication may be *forced* but it still fostered community. When you spent time forming groups for dungeons. you got to know the people you partied with and were able to decide if you liked them or not and if you wanted to do more dungeons with them in the future. Vanilla/BC and most of wrath created communities you just dont find now in retail. I remember being able to walk around shatt or ironforge and actually KNOW the people who i saw. that doesnt happen for me anymore. Blizzard just cant go back to this style of play with retail. they would have to remove auto que LFG, LFR and any other automated function that removed the ability to talk.

I think if blizz makes a more reasonablely balanced vanilla that keeps the community and keeps many of the aspects that bolstered the need to communicate, such as elite quests and just difficult questing areas. this game will be amazing.

------

also people whining about wasted resources dont understand they have a completely different team working on it. these people are people who are here to work on this project, if the project wouldnt exist, they would not exist.... so the existence of this project has no affect on retail what so ever. so stop saying this lame rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    11 years later and the normies aren't going to put up with that, and normies are Blizzard's target audience these days.
    Well tough luck for them I guess. They said they were goingb to bring back the original experience and if they go back on that they’ll lose whatever credibility they have left. Then it would indeed have been a waste of resources to bring out a nerfed vanilla.

I don't think they should. You know they absolutely will though, they simply cannot help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    I think they will and I think they should.

Vanilla is great, but it had many flaws in it. This is Blizzards chance to create the perfect game. Take the best aspect of vanilla (its ability to foster community) and combine it with the QoL of retail (more balance, more options and generally bug/glitch/exploit free) and you have a damn near perfect game.

IF retail could create communities the way vanilla did it would still have the 10+ million members it boasted in wrath. But once it gave players the OPTION to avoid talking/communicating with other players on the realm. community started to die. Forced communication may be *forced* but it still fostered community. When you spent time forming groups for dungeons. you got to know the people you partied with and were able to decide if you liked them or not and if you wanted to do more dungeons with them in the future. Vanilla/BC and most of wrath created communities you just dont find now in retail. I remember being able to walk around shatt or ironforge and actually KNOW the people who i saw. that doesnt happen for me anymore. Blizzard just cant go back to this style of play with retail. they would have to remove auto que LFG, LFR and any other automated function that removed the ability to talk.

I think if blizz makes a more reasonablely balanced vanilla that keeps the community and keeps many of the aspects that bolstered the need to communicate, such as elite quests and just difficult questing areas. this game will be amazing.

------

also people whining about wasted resources dont understand they have a completely different team working on it. these people are people who are here to work on this project, if the project wouldnt exist, they would not exist.... so the existence of this project has no affect on retail what so ever. so stop saying this lame rhetoric.
    Do you not realize what would happen if even one thing changed, where would it end lol? Are you the arbiter of what goes and what doesnt?

Nah man it has to stay like it was, luckily blizzard has smart people that realize this

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Do you not realize what would happen if even one thing changed, where would it end lol? Are you the arbiter of what goes and what doesnt?

Nah man it has to stay like it was, luckily blizzard has smart people that realize this
    there is no vanilla private server in existence that has a perfect 100% vanilla experience. and people are happy with them.

ALL private servers have made their own unique changes to better suit the community. the biggest once is that the entire realm stays in patch 1.12.

all private servers have made QoL changes to accomodate 5000 players on a model that was meant for at best 1000.

blizzard WILL make changes. because as they said. It must meet blizzards standards. and blizzard will not find that 96 black lotus a day (at best), but more with AV, will be able to handle the thousands of raid hours a week. (not that flasks are necessary until AQ40 anyway but still)

10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted the original Vanilla experience, that includes the legendary unbalance.