Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

New expansion's premise is pretty terrible from the lore stand point.

I didn't dig nor share Blizzard idea that Horde and Alliance need only a spark to start the war.

Time of racial war ended with WC3 ending, then it was ended once again in MoP showing the ugly face of xenophobia and "no winner" situation.
    I thought sane creatures will learn their mistakes and take the peace gladly. Iron Horde once again show how the war is bad.
    And on the Broken Shore, the Horde left Alliance alone after their leader was heavily wounded. They had a legit excuse, but they still left Alliance alone. Seeing the orcs and taurens as people of Honor, i bet Baine and Saurfang and their people had some little burden on them after doing this.

I mainly speaking about the Horde, cause it seems they were the first who hit Alliance once again, burning down the Teldrassil.
    Dont Blizzard see that given all things i described above most of their main Horde characters won't start the war? Neither Baine, neither Saurfang (dont forget Eitrigg), nor Lor'themar. But it seems they gladly rush in it, like nothing happened before.

I dont know details, of course. But for now it seems that Blizzard simply butcher their story and their characters with this all out Horde vs Alliance war. It looks really noticeable because Blizzard tried too hard to tell us that Horde and Alliance are bloody enemies. They dont explain well WHY.
    I believe with good story writing none of Horde leaders would follow Sylvanas (who, again, seems to be the only leader who really seeks vendetta) at worst. They would imprison her or kill at best to prevent of what happened in MoP, previous World Wars and following events of WoD.

If we will took into consideration that it was Alliance who started the war first, then the things would look even worse. None of Alliance leaders except Greymane has the really legit reasons to start the war given all previous events and the fact that its uhm... the war.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2017-11-04 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, it will be bigger shitshow than ending of MoP. And that was one giant shitshow.

it's world of world of warcraft tho

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I didn't dig nor share Blizzard idea that Horde and Alliance need only a spark to start the war.
    Times of racial war ended with WC3 ending, then they were ended once again in MoP showing the ugly face of xenophobia and "no winner" situation.
    I thought sane creatures will learn their mistakes and take the peace gladly. Iron Horde once again show how the war is bad.
    And on the Broken Shore, again, they left Alliance alone after their leader was heavily wounded. They had a legit excuse, but they still left Alliance alone. Seeing the orcs and taurens as people of Honor, i bet Baine and Saurfang and their people had some little burden on them after doing this.
    I mainly speaking about the Horde, cause it seems they were the first who hit Alliance once again, burning down the Teldrassil.
    Dont Blizzard see that given all things i described above most of their main Horde characters won't start the war? Neither Baine, neither Saurfang (dont forget Eitrigg), nor Lor'themar. But it seems they gladly rush in it, like nothing happened before.

I dont know details, of course. But for now it seems that Blizzard simply butcher their story and their characters with this all out Horde vs Alliance war. It looks really noticeable because Blizzard tried too hard to tell us that Horde and Alliance are bloody enemies. They dont explain well WHY.
    I believe with good story writing none of Horde leaders would follow Sylvanas (who, again, seems to be the only leader who really seeks vendetta) at worst. They would imprison her or kill at best to prevent of what happened in MoP, previous World Wars and following events of WoD.

If we will took into consideration that it was Alliance who started the war first, then the things would look even worse. None of Alliance leaders except Greymane has the really legit reasons to start the war given all previous events and the fact that its uhm... the war.
    Look, if you don't know the history of fighting and why, educate yourself.

Read for 45 minutes and it explains it all. If you don't buy it after that, then don't.

Secondly, the reason for fighting in the coming expansion isn't even out yet. Panty bunchers, the lot of yall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, it will be bigger shitshow than ending of MoP. And that was one giant shitshow.
    its not just that, See, all the excitement people are having to this, no matter what they claim, it will NEVER live up to the hype or expectations.

World of Warcraft, despite its name, till always be limited in what it can do from a gameplay perspective. You will NEVER have a faction victory, you have small victories here and there, but you will never have it that one side beats the other.

This is why war themes like it was in mists and this coming expansion, just feels like a waste of time, leading only to an unsatisfying conclusion.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-11-04 at 01:14 AM.
    #boycottchina

Apparently a lot of things happen and Sylvanas manipulates the horde into fighting, which relates to varimathras’ quotes in Antorus. This is only speculation but makes sense since she is the dark lady and is somewhat evil/conspiring.

Regardless I like the premise. I get that not everything makes sense now but I’m assuming they’ll give a reason for the war starting rather than “lol random war started cuz it needed to”.

Someone is going to do something that leads to a chain of events and shit goes down, that’s what I’m assuming will happen.

Time of racial war ended with WC3 ending, then it was ended once again in MoP showing the ugly face of xenophobia and "no winner" situation.
    And on the Broken Shore, the Horde left Alliance alone after their leader was heavily wounded. They had a legit excuse, but they still left Alliance alone. Seeing the orcs and taurens as people of Honor, i bet Baine and Saurfang and their people had some little burden on them after doing this.

Cough ... old ... cough ... god ... whispering to both sides!
    Yes you hate the horde! Yes you hate the alliance! Let's kill each other and you know you like it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its not just that, See, all the excitement people are having to this, no matter what they claim, it will NEVER live up to the hype or expectations.

World of Warcraft, despite its name, till always be limited in what it can do from a gameplay perspective. You will NEVER have a faction victory, you have small victories here and there, but you will never have it that one side beats the other.

This is why war themes like it was in mists and is now, just feels like a waste of time, leading only to an unsatisfying conclusion.
    Oh no like it totally won't live up to expectations. Blizzard played themselves, and already put in place when NOONE will be happy by the time this expansion ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than some boring enemy with no personality like Legion, Warlords and Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Better than some boring enemy with no personality like Legion, Warlords and Cata
    why? Explain that.
    #boycottchina

This is why war themes like it was in mists and is now, just feels like a waste of time, leading only to an unsatisfying conclusion.
    This is basically it. Eventually, blizzard will either have to find an escapegoat NPC to solve the faction conflict (i.e: dreadlord jaina/ old god sylvanas was manipulating the faction war) so that both factions kill it and we get some sort of a conclusion, or some 3rd party (i.e: Azshara) will pop in and the war will go back to another "uneasy truce" to fight Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account

My bet is, Greymane attacks Lorderon (undead control Gilneas, and he's got allies to take the home of the people controlling his home) and the Horde attacks and burns down Teldrasil in response (taking away their "new home")
    New Legion item stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    an agility chest axe on a fury shaman... FFS, I guess I should have read the patch notes in more detail.

Where are people getting this "suddenly we're at war" nonsense?

We've always been at war, every expansion. there was no truce in Legion. Its just individual heroes from each faction agreeing to get along for the greater good.

There has always been a damn war going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Cough ... old ... cough ... god ... whispering to both sides!
    Yes you hate the horde! Yes you hate the alliance! Let's kill each other and you know you like it!
    you know if that was the reason why, I could maybe even forgive it, but currently its just a reprocessed mess of the narrative leading to nothing.
    #boycottchina

This is why war themes like it was in mists and this coming expansion, just feels like a waste of time, leading only to an unsatisfying conclusion.
    That’s the thing. That’s how it works for everything, not just the faction war.

The raid bosses will never ever win. The big bads of the expac will never win. Just look at Argus from Antorus dude, he can practically destroy the universe/cosmos whatever it is and he still loses. It’s a never ending format of winning.

So based on what you said that would be a waste of time too since no matter what the outcome is the same. The bosses are all the same generic “take over the world/wipe out the world” nonsense. It’s the same thing.

At least with the faction war everyone has different reasons for doing everything. Garrosh wanted to bring back and lead the true horde, that was his main motive.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-04 at 01:19 AM.

It's not really terrible.

The original WoW cinematic says it best:
    4 years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated.

The drums of war thunder once again.
    Sounds pretty apt to now.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Sad fact is most likely when we have killed Aszhara who is prolly the last boss we will call a truce and go back to our continents waiting for the next threat to come up and nothing will have been achieved except the UC will still be in more ruin and rubble and the burnt out stump that the nelfs used to call home will still be smoldering!

10+ Year Old Account
    why? Explain that.
    Because the Horde and Alliance can be much more relate-able. Motives, desires and actions that make more sense to us than evil space demons or insane dragons. I mean Blizzard will probably fuck it up but there's more opportunity for good story here than in the expansions I named.

Op doesn't know that war is just a thing at always happens, you know when the ottomans invaded europe in the 1500s the other courties would ban together for a few years do nothing then go back to killing each other, france and england did this like all the time

5+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I hate is that they seem to rush this war. Like entire armies can get from one capital to another so damn easily. It's as if every bloody footman has a flying mount. I can even see like Undercity in ruins but hillsbrad foothills half controlled by forsaken, and humans still trying to win andorhal, while the dwarves in aerie peak are still searching for their leader with the red t-shirt guy. This war would've been so much better if they would've done major battles every patch and have ingame quests that explain how the alliance gets to Undercity walls and conquers the forsaken zones. Also something like Sylvannas realising she's losing and can't defend on multiple fronts and asks for help in the defense against humans, worgens, gnomes, dwarves but also she ordes some army to to counterattack and charge on Teldrassil and try to force a diplomacy truce with Anduin like leave Undercity and our lands or we burn the night elves.