Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    so another war started by an idiotic horde leader. no surprise there.
    I mean, I like her character and I hope they will give her a good reason for doing it, but the prologue to that book made it sound like she didn't have a good reason.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Sssh! Alliance doesnt gain territory. They only temporarily advance.

Wish they had done the same overview for Kalimdor though. To... compare.

But yeah, wonder how all this faction war is going to play out. After all, "rebuilding" Undercity might be a bit easier than Teldrassil.
    I don't think there's going to be any rebuilding for Undercity. I mean, why would you?

Might as well put your new undead city down in Darkshore and call it Crabcity.

Edit: Unless you mean it is easier to rebuild Lordaeron as an Alliance capital from the Ruins of Lordaeron, but given all that has happened there, I'm not even sure anyone would want to.
    Last edited by Simca; 2017-11-04 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Orgrimmar will always be a raid instance where lvl 110 noobs faceroll your favourite heroes for transmog loot.
    Jokes on them. SoO transmog is awful!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    I am going to go with Jaina Proudmoore set the tree on fire, to start this whole war.
    Sylvanas and her ships are right in front of it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I don't think there's going to be any rebuilding for Undercity. I mean, why would you?

Might as well put your new undead city down in Darkshore and call it Crabcity.
    I like that name! I actually don't think they will rebuild any city at all (*looks at Gnomeregan*). They don't get visited anyway, and nostalgia is what wow classic is probably for.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    This is beyond reason. Teldrassil is a god damn island/tree and they would need TOO MUCH army to get even near there ... And night elves are not god damn high elves or blood elves. They got numbers, they got ships, army and god damn Tyrande. I just cant believe it, the starting area is probably the most beautiful one in game. This is a very sad development, even more if you consider that UC is barely scratched.
    Let alone the fact that if Kalimdor is entirely taken over by the Horde, that also means that Night Elves will lose Darkshore, Ashenvale, Hyjal, Winterspring, Stonetalon, Feralas and, the most absurd of all, damn Nordrassil! It will also mean that the Ancients, and the vast majority of them are ACTIVE, including bloody MALORNE stagself, Cenarius commanding the Cenarion Circle, Malfurion, Tyrande and all the powerful mages recently returned to Darnassus, plus all the powerful Druids such as Broll Bearmantle, the Wardens and what have you, they are all useless. Apparently, the Night Elves faced Azshara and the Legion twice, but are going to be erased from Kalimdor because PLOT DEVICE is PLOT DEVICE. What about the Dragonflights? Do they think it is a great idea to have Undead and bloodthirsty orcs bathe in the powerful waters under Nordrassil? They will be idling again because... PLOT DEVICE.

I'll be honest, I've been quite frustrated by how awful NEs have been handled in game for years now, with Cataclysm being awfully painful, seeing brute force overtake thousands of years of combat/magic expertise as NEs were spineless babies. I should have stopped reading a long time ago and spent my money on better storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Yes. It's what ignites the faction war, literatly. I believe. I don't think it will be completely destroyed, otherwise they'll need to completely revamp the night elf starter zone which I don't see happening.
    All of this destruction occurs at max level (likely phased to some degree). Also, I'm surprised Teldrassil gets burned since in the book, Sylvanas' plan is to randomly attack SW.

Still I hope their home burning down will finally wake Malfurion up and get him being alliance again. I'm fed up with all of Alliance's hero's being neutral and yet even when a horde goes neutral (thrall) he murders a bunch of alliance soldiers.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Yes, Teldrassil will probably be on fire for 6-7 expansions now.

Deleted
    I like that name! I actually don't think they will rebuild any city at all (*looks at Gnomeregan*). They don't get visited anyway, and nostalgia is what wow classic is probably for.
    Sad but true, they had all the time to give ppl the initiative to travel to other capitals, but they never did... So now it is all about Orgrimar, Stormwind, Ironforge and Thunderbluff... You can barely see any ppl in Darnassus, Exodar, UC or Silvermoon Very very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Sylvanas and her ships are right in front of it...
    Where did you see that?

I only saw the tree in the BFA feature overview clip, and there are no Sylvana or ships in that.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Where did you see that?

I only saw the tree in the BFA feature overview clip, and there are no Sylvana or ships in that.
    There was a clip in one of the pannels that has a sillouete that looks like sylvanas in front of the fire.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    Let alone the fact that if Kalimdor is entirely taken over by the Horde, that also means that Night Elves will lose Darkshore, Ashenvale, Hyjal, Winterspring, Stonetalon, Feralas and, the most absurd of all, damn Nordrassil! It will also mean that the Ancients, and the vast majority of them are ACTIVE, including bloody MALORNE stagself, Cenarius commanding the Cenarion Circle, Malfurion, Tyrande and all the powerful mages recently returned to Darnassus, plus all the powerful Druids such as Broll Bearmantle, the Wardens and what have you, they are all useless. Apparently, the Night Elves faced Azshara and the Legion twice, but are going to be erased from Kalimdor because PLOT DEVICE is PLOT DEVICE. What about the Dragonflights? Do they think it is a great idea to have Undead and bloodthirsty orcs bathe in the powerful waters under Nordrassil? They will be idling again because... PLOT DEVICE.

I'll be honest, I've been quite frustrated by how awful NEs have been handled in game for years now, with Cataclysm being awfully painful, seeing brute force overtake thousands of years of combat/magic expertise as NEs were spineless babies. I should have stopped reading a long time ago and spent my money on better storytelling.
    My thoughts exactly, too upset to properly write them down...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, Teldrassil will probably be on fire for 6-7 expansions now.
    And in 13.0 we will have FireElfs coming from that "new" Teldrassil :

"Hi, we come help you fight against the return of elemental lords"

15+ Year Old Account
    Where did you see that?

I don't know where the exact picture is but I saw a shot that had it burning with her in front of her, holding her bow like she just fired an arrow.

Somebody said in another thread that she did this by taking something of Sargeras' from The Wound in Silithus and firing it into Teldrassil, and it sounds like they could be right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because Blizzard wanted EK to belong to Alliance and Kalimdor to belong to Horde (ignoring the TBC zones for some reason), they destroyed both capital cities preventing that from happening (Undercity and Darnassus).

I'm guessing both leveling zones (Teldrassil and Tirisfal Glades) are lost too.
    Was hoping they add those zones to the world finally, Hopefully later in the expansion.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I don't know where the exact picture is but I saw a shot that had it burning with her in front of her, holding her bow like she just fired an arrow.

Somebody said in another thread that she did this by taking something of Sargeras' from The Wound in Silithus and firing it into Teldrassil, and it sounds like they could be right.
    Damn

What with her leaving the kirin tor because she would not work with the horde, I thought her starting the fire would be a cool way to start the war.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hold on, is it CONFIRMED that Undercity will be lost to the Horde...?? I love that city ffs...
    Nothing is confirmed really, but there's strong indications that the war will see the Horde ejected from EK and the Alliance ejected from Kalimdor, leaving a red and blue continent separated by an ocean thus setting up the conflict in the South Seas.

No mention yet of how that applies to the Blood Elves or Draenei either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Was hoping they add those zones to the world finally, Hopefully later in the expansion.
    Careful what you wish for, they might get added to the world map as smoking craters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nothing is confirmed really, but there's strong indications that the war will see the Horde ejected from EK and the Alliance ejected from Kalimdor, leaving a red and blue continent separated by an ocean thus setting up the conflict in the South Seas.

No mention yet of how that applies to the Blood Elves or Draenei either.

- - - Updated - - -

Careful what you wish for, they might get added to the world map as smoking craters.
    Ejecting Alliance completely from Kalimdor is like eliminating all Nightelven population which is large. Still sounds bad.

Horde burns down Teldrassil, Alliance slightly damages Undercity, business as usual.
    I'll take Siege of Orgrimmar for 400 Alex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    so another war started by an idiotic horde leader. no surprise there.
    You don't know that, you're assuming.

Could have been the dog or the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    It's simple: fucking game play reasons

"lets give EK to alliance and Kalimdor to Horde" "Lets burn down Teldrassil to show how badass Sylvanes is"

Teldrassil, Moonglade, Hyjal, Ashenvale which the Night Elves inhabited in it for 10k years is going to become a Horde territory. Garrosh planned a lot to take Ashenvale and failed and after all these wars and how weak Horde became after SoO, they will take all of Kalimdor, simply "Blizz logic"

Ofc what do you expect from bunch of brainless writers who have no idea about coming up with a new story. All they come up was another AvH expansion, an absolute filler expansion. Like there is totally no other thing in the lore to focus on.

No wonder Metzen left Blizzard. Obviously he didn't want to work with these animals anymore.
    Yep, pretty disgusting, Kalimdor was my favourite zones (even more so before Cata ruined Ashenvale / Stonetalon and blatantly gave Azshara to the Horde), Alliance isn't just "Humans and their sidekicks" but it seems Blizzard wants it to be that.

The only Horde race that has claims to Kalimdor are Tauren, and they lived peacefully with Night Elves, learnt druidism and so forth until the Horde (Orcs) came. Darkspear Trolls came from some island in the sea and Orcs came from Draenor, through Eastern Kingdoms (from Dark Portal up to Arathi / Alterac Valley). Orcs had more lands in Eastern Kingdoms (from Swamp of Sorrows through Blackrock Mountain and Twilight Highlands) than they had in Kalimdor pre-Cata (mostly just Durotar), but suddenly now somehow Horde deserves whole Kalimdor? All the Night Elves from Darkshore to Feralas are gonna just fall over and the rest of the Alliance won't even help them either or what?

And yes, I'm pretty pissed they're razing Darnassus off the map, because it was my favourite old capital to go for auctions and hang out. On Horde it was Thunder Bluff. Undercity was a goddamn maze, I always hated it. I would mind less if Stormwind of Ironforge was destroyed, but hey, it's always Night Elves that get the short end of the stick. Same with the Nightborne choosing to ally with Blood Elves over them.

But choosing allies is their decision, now burning Teldrassil instead of bombing Stormwind or Ironforge... what kind of strategical significance it even had? It was far away from anything of importance. At least Undercity is in proximity of Gilneas lands so I could imagine Genn going all warmonger to conquer it. Horde attacking Teldrassil makes as much sense as invading Ungoro Crater...