Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Finally we got some semblance of decency and justice in our government, and the reaction of republicans is to eliminate it? This would be very bad for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Do what you need to as you settle into reality. But make no mistake. This is a GOP initiated and led investigation. Mueller, btw, is a registered Republican.
    Apparently anyone who doesn't bend the knee to Trump isn't a real republican because you know reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Apparently anyone who doesn't bend the knee to Trump isn't a real republican because you know reasons.
    I have another word for Trump supporters, that suits them much better.

товарищ

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Pretty sure if trump wanted him removed he could just remove him. Congress might need to jump through a few hoops to do it however.
    He has the authority to do so. However , if you can get enough of congressional support, it looks better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He has the authority to do so. However , if you can get enough of congressional support, it looks better.
    He could, but they'd just appoint someone else and he'd probably be in bigger trouble than now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    He could, but they'd just appoint someone else and he'd probably be in bigger trouble than now.
    I agree it would not be good for him to, on his own. But was stating, there is nothing that could stop him. But having congress involved with any removal of Mueller, it would appear politically more positive.

I agree it would not be good for him to, on his own. But was stating, there is nothing that could stop him. But having congress involved with any removal of Mueller, it would appear politically more positive.
    I'm not sure who would be better than Mueller, a Republican who was appointed FBI director under Bush. Both parties were happy with the appointment. Trump doesn't need to go through one FBI director and two special council for this investigation. We are already at the point of ridiculousness with his interference in federal investigations regarding the election and his administration. His firing of Comey should have been immediate grounds for impeachment on par with Nixon, in my opinion.

No, it makes it worse. It makes our whole government look like an infinite cesspool of corruption. And anyone who starts to clean it up gets axed.

Mueller is draining the swamp. Or trying to anyways. Apparently there is a lot of support for maintaining and even increasing the amount of corruption in our government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm not sure who would be better than Mueller, a Republican who was appointed FBI director under Bush. Both parties were happy with the appointment. Trump doesn't need to go through one FBI director and two special council for this investigation. We are already at the point of ridiculousness with his interference in federal investigations regarding the election and his administration. His firing of Comey should have been immediate grounds for impeachment on par with Nixon, in my opinion.
    The President has the authority to fire the FBI director or any other executive branch official working for him. There would no grounds for impeachment. He does not even need a reason for the firing.

The President has the authority to fire the FBI director or any other executive branch official working for him. There would no grounds for impeachment. He does not even need a reason for the firing.
    Expect if it's too obstruct an investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

He quite literally said that he fired Mueller due to the investigation, which is obstruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Expect if it's too obstruct an investigation.
    But that would be subjective. And with the Republicans in control of the Senate and the House, it would be a futile attempt to try a impeachment on those grounds.

- - - Updated - - -

He quite literally said that he fired Mueller due to the investigation, which is obstruction.
    He said he was not doing his job correctly with the investigations. There is a difference.

He said he was not doing his job correctly with the investigations. There is a difference.
    That's what he said *after* he said he fired Mueller due to the investigation and had a special snowflake meeting with him where he gave Comey a big hug, yes.

A desperate strategy that will end badly for them, that's why so many advisers even in the Trump White House have been pushing hard for a "hands off Mueller" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Sergei I'm gonna need you to relax, Putin doesn't like his keyboard warriors to get all uppity

[Infracted]
    Is that you, "Jenna Abrams"? :P

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    If we are operating by the standards of the rinos and left wingers then mueller is clearly Russian deep state
    Russian deep state.

So Mueller has somehow been a background civil servant in Russia for the last 40 years or so, unbeknownst to anyone he's ever worked with in his storied career in the US justice system?

That's a lot of commuting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    So because Mueller didnt find anything to charge anyone with during the Uranium One thing, they're mad and wanna remove him for it?
    They're just trying to throw mud and hope it sticks to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Damn, the republicans are some downright evil folks. Wanna take this & that from the poor, elderly, & the middle class. But all up in the rich's butt cracks. Now protecting a corrupt president. Who is president only because of Putin, & his cronies helping him. Plus how they are just itching to go to war with somebody. The GOP are a bunch of disgusting human beings. I guess no one will see it until over half the nation is dead or dying. Either by lack of healthcare, or being sent to a war to make a certain section of Americans richer. But of course they will tell the public it is a justified war, it is a good war. "We must kill the enemy!...To line my pockets with MORE money, on top of the billions I already make." America has become a country ran by millionaires & billionaires, & the government does their bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by PunchaNaziScum2017 View Post
    Damn, the republicans are some downright evil folks. Wanna take this & that from the poor, elderly, & the middle class. But all up in the rich's butt cracks. Now protecting a corrupt president. Who is president only because of Putin, & his cronies helping him. Plus how they are just itching to go to war with somebody. The GOP are a bunch of disgusting human beings. I guess no one will see it until over half the nation is dead or dying. Either by lack of healthcare, or being sent to a war to make a certain section of Americans richer. But of course they will tell the public it is a justified war, it is a good war. "We must kill the enemy!...To line my pockets with MORE money, on top of the billions I already make." America has become a country ran by millionaires & billionaires, & the government does their bidding.
    At least half of this country sees it, which is why we don't vote Republican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to spin the whole uranium deal as some form of corruption scandal compliments of Hillary Clinton is the most intellectually dishonest mental gymnastics I have ever seen . The fact that they actually think people are dumb and uneducated enough to fall for that rubbish should worry Republicans if they think you're that easy to sway and bedazzle.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what he said *after* he said he fired Mueller due to the investigation and had a special snowflake meeting with him where he gave Comey a big hug, yes.
    And you have never had to clarify what you have said before?

Personally I feel he should cleaned out all Obama left over members from the executive branch when he took office and not said anything about why. Trump has certainly made several errors since he took office. And he says some stupid shit at times. But Obama should have fired Comey.

Unless of course he did it in order to hinder an investigation, then it could very easily be grounds for an impeachment.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have never had to clarify what you have said before?

Personally I feel he should cleaned out all Obama left over members from the executive branch when he took office and not said anything about why. Trump has certainly made several errors since he took office. And he says some stupid shit at times. But Obama should have fired Comey.
    But Obama didn't, and Trump said he wouldn't. Then Trump said he did because of the investigation.

Man, I'm sure glad I didn't support such a corrupt piece of shit for the presidency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PunchaNaziScum2017 View Post
    Go away, your alt account isn't welcome here.

Deleted
    If the democrats manage to pull their shit together in time, they could easily impeach him at the midterm elections, but the way it's going, the democrats are going to keep on sinking until they realize how they can fix things, so expect Trump for the full 4 years at this point.