Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    They have a whole different array of horns and they all have Golden tattoos too (if they're based on current models).

Though I do agree that there are a lot cooler and more different races we could have had instead. (Even Eredar that have broken free of the Legion maybe)

Those look less like tatoos and more like ornaments that they glued to their skin. But how often would you even see those unless you like running around in no armor a lot.

i guess its more content they dont have to do much work on besides enabling it to exist.

10+ Year Old Account

Where are my Ogres as a playable race Blizzard?
    EHHHHHHH???

Some people might not play this so yeah...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    YES! I was looking and it looks like the new alliiance elfs are the same model as the blood elfs and the new horde elfs are the same model as night elfs
    so much elf
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Those look less like tatoos and more like ornaments that they glued to their skin. But how often would you even see those unless you like running around in no armor a lot.
    My only qualm with LFDs and HMTs is they don't feel different enough yet. I hope there's something else that makes them more than Tauren with moose antlers and draenei without tentacle faces. I would have liked that something would be class options, but that doesn't look to be the case now. We'll see if Zandalari get paladin and dark iron get "shrug" idk because I think dwarves already get all classes except druid, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    so much elf
    Elves are highly susceptible to mutation.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    I think you have that backwards, my friend. Nightborne and High elves are offshoot races of the Night elves. Blood elves and Void elves are offshoots of High elves.

However, Nightborne and Blood Elves have many parallels in terms of backstory and powers. Void Elves are likely all connected to Alleria, who is dominantly Alliance; we know too little about them to say anything about their powers at this time.
    Blood elves arent offshoots of high elves, they are the same race just high elves mega hypocracy using void magic all of sudden cause sucking on critters was too much
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Might as well just call it World of Elfcraft by now.

The biggest travesty is that none of them or any other older races have been added to the roster that can be Demon Hunters (Like Humans, Draenei or Orcs arguably could have been) or Deathknights but of course than can be Pandaren Trained Kungfu monks... but cause that makes some sort of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Elves are highly susceptible to mutation.
    But not highly susceptible to remotely plausible population numbers given how many times they have supposedly almost been wiped out based upon the lore. I mean, Bloodelves alone which faced genocide at the end of Warcraft 3 have, had a massive population in Outland, taken huge numbers in the Horde, divided that remaining population into Highelves, Bloodelves and Withered, also become undead Vrykul vampires and to top it all off also now some how become an entire new race from a small group lost during Warcraft 2 into an entire race of Void Elves. I mean... Grand Marshal Othmar Garithos was practically the greatest hero Azeroth had ever seen at this point. The Forest Trolls deserve redemption for the amount of work they must have done keeping that population in check all those years.
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2017-11-04 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    I think you have that backwards, my friend. Nightborne and High elves are offshoot races of the Night elves. Blood elves and Void elves are offshoots of High elves.

However, Nightborne and Blood Elves have many parallels in terms of backstory and powers. Void Elves are likely all connected to Alleria, who is dominantly Alliance; we know too little about them to say anything about their powers at this time.
    Correction, Nightborne, High elves and Night elves are offshoot of the Highborn. Nelves (very close to highborne) become more "feral" (tall and well built) due to their attumenent with nature, highelves got paler and more human like due to the sunwell and all the magic-sucking stuff, and we all know what happened to Nightborne. IMHO Nightborne must be the closest link to the Highborne due to their isolation, the only thing that must have changed is their complexion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatch View Post
    Might as well just call it World of Elfcraft by now.
    Well, elves and trolls are the original species of Azeroth. Trolls actually, then Elves.
    Last edited by mmoc419b146f30; 2017-11-04 at 02:50 AM.

Woot finally getting brown orc and orc than can stand straight!!! go blizz!!

wait.. what.... none of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    Correction, Nightborne, High elves and Night elves are offshoot of the Highborn. Nelves (very close to highborne) become more "feral" (tall and well built) due to their attumenent with nature, highelves got paler and more human like due to the sunwell and all the magic-sucking stuff, and we all know what happened to Nightborne. IMHO Nightborne must be the closest link to the Highborne due to their isolation, the only thing that must have changed is their complexion.

Well, elves and trolls are the original species of Azeroth. Trolls actually, then Elves.
    Trolls were first, Dark Trolls from them. Night elves mutated from Dark Trolls near the Well of Eternity, and the upper-class mages of Night Elven society under Queen Azshara were named the HIGHBORNE among them (so you're already wrong there).
    Some (not all) Satyrs were Highborne who willingly accepted the Legion, Nightborne were Highborne who resisted the Legion and cut themselves off in Suramar only to create the Nightwell and be mutated by it over time, Naga were Highborne of Zin-Azshari who were mutated by the Old Gods in a pact with Azshara in order to keep from drowning in the Sundering, and High Elves are descended from Highborne rebels who were banished and went across the sea to found Quel'thalas and mutated after creating the Sunwell; the Shen'dralar are the only confirmed full-fledged Highborne Night Elves that remain. Blood Elves comprise 90% of the High Elven survivors of the Sunwell's destruction in the Third War (which wiped out 90% of High Elves between the war and withdrawal), and we have no FREAKING clue where all the Void Elves come from since their origin is apparently unconnected from Alleria (although if she's an example, some High Elves turned into Void Elves).

Can we give up the game of "*pushes up glasses, nasally voiced* Well, Actually...", or do you need me to cover San'layn, Felblood Elves, Faldorei and BOTH breeds of Demon Hunters too before you realize you were missing the forest for the technicolor rainbow of trees?

My point is that Nightborne make sense as a Horde race if you look at the MANY parallels they have with the Blood Elves (Wretched/Withering, addiction to magic, use of magitek, betrayal to the Legion by their leader...), not all of which are parallels they continue to possess with High Elves. Plus, High Elves are an endangered species by the presented numbers, Tyrande all but told the Nightborne they could all go choke once the Nightwell was destroyed, and Liadrin only ever expressed sympathy with the Nightborne for the aforementioned parallels, even taking Silgryn under her wing.

I don't see anybody complaining about Highmountain Tauren joining the Horde or Lightforged Draenei joining the Alliance even though they were supposedly neutral.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2017-11-04 at 07:29 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Ah, ok. So you wanted a new Panda, or Draenei, or Worgen?
    More like a new race entirely. Much like the previous ones you mentioned.

I don't know, there's always the possibility of "Allied Races" unlocks later in the expansion. Those snake-head guys, or the vulpen, or something else.
    Unless those creatures have similar animations to an existing race, then yes, that's my initial hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    More like a new race entirely. Much like the previous ones you mentioned.

Unless those creatures have similar animations to an existing race, then yes, that's my initial hope.
    That's gonna be the way of it this expansion: Recolors and reskins. Probably not gonna see any completely new playable races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's way of adding different versions of current races.

No they aren't traditional "sub-races" but share similarities.

Adding a "sub-race" feature would just mean playing the current playable race and being able to customize your race to look like an off-shoot of it.

Instead, Blizzard is giving us separate playable races, with some still being of the same lineage of current races, and calling them "allied."

Example: Horde already has Tauren as a playable race. New separate race are Hightmountain Tauren. You could have easily given regular playable Tauren new customizing features (such as antlers, body art) to make your Tauren look like a Highmountain tauren.

Example 2: Both factions have playable elf races: Night Elves for Alliance, Blood Elves for Horde. Now both factions will have 2 playable elf races, separate from the current. Also these new playable elf races will have completely different models, textures and animations from NE's and BE's to differentiate themselves, but they are still elves.

Blizzard did this to make sub-races a major feature. So they labeled them "allied" and made them separate races. Still a watered down feature in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Where are my Ogres as a playable race Blizzard?
    EHHHHHHH???

Some people might not play this so yeah...
    Soon my child...

Very soon...
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2017-11-04 at 01:03 PM.