Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Still no new worgen/goblin models?

I am usually a pretty positive person but this really has brought me down.
    They used old worgen models in slide, the deep dive panel was pretty "empty"
    So it kind of points at we're not getting updated worgen models..
    They promised us updated worgen models in WoD and we still look really bad, especially female worgen.

watch?v=KxKAfG75YeM&feature=youtu.be&t=5m17s

Confirmed not getting an update. But hey, atleast quillboards, gnoll and plenty of other non-playable races are getting updated. Female worgens chiahua permasnarle face are clearly up to the art teams quality standard. Oh and 6 new reskinned subraces.

/s

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's a damn shame, but it is what it is. I only have on worgen alt, but I've never had a problem with the model. I doubt it's worth unsubbing over.

It's less than 12 hours after the announcement. They may not announce if they were gonna do this for several months.

I have a lot of worgens and my main is a worgen druid. Its just dissapointing and honestly leaves a bitter taste that gnolls/quillboards/whatever are getting update, we getting 6 new playable races that are all highquality, yet an already existing race that is ~12% of the played races doesn't get jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    It's less than 12 hours after the announcement. They may not announce if they were gonna do this for several months.
    I mean, the guy on the right, Art Director Chris Robinson, clearly stated its not planned. Doesn't really get more clear than that that we aren't getting any updates. And honestly, they said they were going to update it (like i could go find the quote somewhere if I dig) during legion, and they didn't. Now they flat out say its not happening for BfA. Even if they somehow say that they will in the end, no point in getting excited since they will most likely just still ignore till the next time the same question is asked.
    Last edited by nuxar; 2017-11-04 at 02:14 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took Worgen off my list of races to play. Which, if you were wondering, is pretty sparse at this point.

But nope, no updated Worgen, no new races. Here have Blood Elves, Alliance. Horde, you can get Moose Tauren. Now shut up and pay us $60 so we can fund 9.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or how about you can ask at the Q&A? Pretty simple tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxKA...ature=youtu.be
    at 5:20

He was rather stern that it was not happening.
    Last edited by Drub; 2017-11-04 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    I mean he clearly said: Its not planned for this expansion. I dont know why we would ask again...

I mean he clearly says its not planned for this expansion. Idk why you would ask again. Its not happening...

Deleted
    i've been waiting new models since WoD..

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    how about you dont, when they v already said its not happening

More elves and some sweet quillboar's but we still got deformed wolf people and 8bit gobbo's. Fuck me for playing the wrong race I guess?

They've literally confirmed that it isn't planned. https://youtu.be/KxKAfG75YeM?t=323

7+ Year Old Account
    They've had two and half years to get them done, now it's gonna be four and a half. At this point we're just gonna have to challenge the community to produce a full-fledged worgen remodel within that time to call out the art department's bullshit.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

It was stated that they have already begun work on them but they won’t be ready for 8.0. Maybe this expansion, maybe not, but the most recent discussion of it was less dismissive than the first one.

Deleted
    Yeah, they announced it allright. The fact that it's not planned.
    I understand the need to take up Blizzard devs side and defend them in the forums, but c'mon man...

It's pretty damn clear they're not doing it.
    And that's really a shame.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was stated that they have already begun work on them but they won’t be ready for 8.0. Maybe this expansion, maybe not, but the most recent discussion of it was less dismissive than the first one.
    "Less dismissive", why the hell are all their answers different then? They also said they were working on them back in Legion but look at where we've gotten now.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Yeah, they announced it allright. The fact that it's not planned.
    I understand the need to take up Blizzard devs side and defend them in the forums, but c'mon man...

It's pretty damn clear they're not doing it.
    And that's really a shame.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Live-Q-A-Recap

Q: When will worgens/goblins get updated?
    A: Not in 8.0 but they are actively being worked on. Animations for Goblins are fine but they need visual updates. Male worgen are decent, but females need to be reworked.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They said not in 8.0

Could still mean 8.1+

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    how about you dont, when they v already said its not happening
    Literally from the q and a thread.

Q: When will worgens/goblins get updated?
    A: Not in 8.0 but they are actively being worked on. Animations for Goblins are fine but they need visual updates. Male worgen are decent, but females need to be reworked.

I get some people feel a need to be perpetually pissed off at the world, but damn.