Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't approve. The bigger the numbers, the more awesome your skill is! I do agree that a small squish was needed, but not that dramatic.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

awww

I am gonna miss having 8-10 million hp and doing 3,4 million death strike crits..

Oh well I guess numbers are just numbers at the end of the day.

I'd like it to be that low, but it makes me worry how they were able to go that low. What is the progression from 1-110 like?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I'd like it to be that low, but it makes me worry how they were able to go that low. What is the progression from 1-110 like?
    next to nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Never focused on low levels so i never realize this was a thing?
    learn something every day.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    learn something every day.
    What was the affected spectrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No it wasn't... The "squish" they did for WoD squished everything towards the middle, which actually inflated the stats below certain levels, this one is squishing everything towards the bottom.
    There is no need to tamper with gear MoP or below since it was already squished, even if the stats got inflated the closer to Vanilla you went. The only thing they will need to change are the multipliers for people 90+ when dealing with lower level content. But in terms of stats in gear, Vanilla->MoP is done. Now MoP raid/dungeon gear upwards to level 110 green gear is squished to o being linear. They even squished ilevels to make it less confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    doesn't matter though. you still do the same amount of damage to the target percentually, so hitting for 3 on a mob you once were hitting for 3000 damage is still the same damage percentually with lower numbers involved so the progression doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    Thank you blizzard!!!

This will really help out the people without enough mental faculties to process large numbers. Fits into the theme of blizzards inclusiveness I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

i never understood why big numbers are bad.
    ya'll are weird

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    doesn't matter though. you still do the same amount of damage to the target percentually, so hitting for 3 on a mob you once were hitting for 3000 damage is still the same damage percentually with lower numbers involved so the progression doesn't really matter.
    it means before a damage increase from 3000 to 3499 will be a damage from 3 to 3 now, how does it not matter?

Meh, couldn't care less either way. I'm not in any shape or form bothered by low number nor high numbers, relative damage = what matters.

What I DO care about however, is what it'll do to soloing older content.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Meh, couldn't care less either way. I'm not in any shape or form bothered by low number nor high numbers, relative damage = what matters.

What I DO care about however, is what it'll do to soloing older content.
    a cluster fuck like the first time?

Gooooood. This is how the squish should have looked like. I am happy to see it.

Very happy about this. I really don't enjoy counting decimals like in Diablo, where we're just about into trillions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyure View Post
    Seeing people do nothing but agree is boring. Someone troll this thread up.
    All my guild demands we hit for one billion or we quit. Size of numbers mean everything.

(Not really. But I thought I would deliver.)

Quote Originally Posted by reimmi2016 View Post
    i never understood why big numbers are bad.
    ya'll are weird
    Because there is a limit on the value of HP that can be set in the code of the game. In order to fix it, they would need to redesign the entire base system of the game. That would be exponentially more work than even the Cataclysm "old world" revamp. For example, the reason Garrosh had HP refills in SOO is because the game literally couldn't handle the amount of HP he would have started the fight with on Mythic.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Because there is a limit on the value of HP that can be set in the code of the game. In order to fix it, they would need to redesign the entire base system of the game. That would be exponentially more work than even the Cataclysm "old world" revamp. For example, the reason Garrosh had HP refills in SOO is because the game literally couldn't handle the amount of HP he would have started the fight with on Mythic.
    they HAVE ALREADY DONE IT and the current number wont be reaching the new limit in foreseeable future

Oh no, it took 6 seconds to kill random npc #51231, now it takes... 6 seconds. WTF blizzard, where are my big numberz?

Jeez people, stop overcompensating. Your relative e-peen will still be the same size.

If you REALLY care that much about having big digits, i'm sure there's a mod out there to add meaningless numbers to your deeps.