Poll: Should Classic server xmog, transfer over to live?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWDontu View Post
    I can see two arguments to this. Keep it classic and separate, but at the same time, you have earned these pieces and live server toons should have them as well. Thoughts?

EDIT: I am referring to gear that you obtain on Classic servers, allowed to mog on Live servers, not sending anything to Classic servers. It would just add gear from Classic to be added to your appearance tab on LIVE servers.
    WEll, it's a separate server but linked to the same account. I can see people being upset regardless of how Blizzard does it, but on a personal level they should have xmogs carry over to other servers.

They haven't said it will be a completely different game. For all we know it will be either on the server list, or on its own tab like oceanic and such. AGAIN, I'm not saying that Classic should have Xmog, I'm saying once you get an item or mount, it could be unlocked across your BNET.

No way. It would only pollute the efforts put forward by Blizzard.

KEEP IT SEPARATE! ...I guess while I'm at it, keep the flippin cash shop separate too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, keep that vanilla crap separated from current.

Vanilla servers should have no transmog if people cry for vanilla so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw. It those masochists that want to play the horror show that was Classic WoW, give them the full fat version. Only warriors are decent tanks, only legit specs of hybrid classes are healing, shammy loot dropping in alliance raids, vice versa with pally loot. People are looking through rose color glasses with this, Classic was great compared to games from 13-14 years ago. Compared to anything since WotLK it’s garbage, compared to Legion it’s a dumpster fire.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-11-04 at 01:00 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Vanilla servers should have no transmog if people cry for vanilla so much.
    I keep saying, Classic shouldn't have xmog, just having the appearance unlocked on live. If you can actually raid 40 man successfully, why shouldn't you have the appearances? It's not like people will blow through that content or EVERYONE will have tier 3. It's difficult content.

I think OP means that when you get an item on classic server, that item transfer as mog to the legion/battle of azeroth server, not the other way around
    on topic, yes please many items arent ingame anymore cause of cataclysm i wouldnt mind unlocking those too.

I keep saying, Classic shouldn't have xmog, just having the appearance unlocked on live. If you can actually raid 40 man successfully, why shouldn't you have the appearances? It's not like people will blow through that content or EVERYONE will have tier 3. It's difficult content.
    Hmm... That I wouldn't mind, it would be similar to other cross-game promotions basically

Ask for vanilla, get vanilla. have fun

I think they should have random server crashes too for authenticity.

I don't think most people that voted understand what you meant, no reason why your Legion/battle for azeroth account can't use mogs you unlocked in classic. But these aren't hard to farm on a toon that can one shot all the raids so I think it's a little moot.

Deleted
    I can't stop laught when I read this all misread comments OP do not want to force transmog to vanilla.

to topic - I think it is a great idea to give opportunity to aquire old mounts and naxx items, even scarab lord title! Yes, old gamers (and BMAH-ers) will lose their exeptional priviliges.. but are they really? Of course it will be much easier to clear Naxx with all guides, logs, and decent PCs. But I am not sure if there will be so much players, that will quickly do all that stuff. In the end leveling was not an easy cake back in these days. So why not to reward them?

Vanilla everything. Vanilla graphics, systems, balancing, lack of QoL, no transmog, no lfg, no nothing. They wanted vanilla, give them vanilla and keep it away from live in all manners.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Vanilla everything. Vanilla graphics, systems, balancing, lack of QoL, no transmog, no lfg, no nothing. They wanted vanilla, give them vanilla and keep it away from live in all manners.
    Who is "they"? You do realize there are far more people that are going to be playing classic wow who have never heard of private servers right? The private server are simply the hardcore vanilla or bust people, but there is more in the camp of "quit wow but would come back to relive the glory days" type of folks.

Agree btw, gotta keep everything the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eridor View Post
    I can't stop laught when I read this all misread comments OP do not want to force transmog to vanilla.

to topic - I think it is a great idea to give opportunity to aquire old mounts and naxx items, even scarab lord title! Yes, old gamers (and BMAH-ers) will lose their exeptional priviliges.. but are they really? Of course it will be much easier to clear Naxx with all guides, logs, and decent PCs. But I am not sure if there will be so much players, that will quickly do all that stuff. In the end leveling was not an easy cake back in these days. So why not to reward them?
    So many misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    No way. They wanted vanilla, that's what they should get. I look forward to the rose tinted glasses shattering.
    We'll be sure to tell those players to stop liking what you don't like.

I'd rather they didn't so people can keep their rare sets and unobtainable items. I really don't care much about this one way or another. I could see blizzard doing this as a way to incentivize people to play on it.

They haven't said it will be a completely different game. For all we know it will be either on the server list, or on its own tab like oceanic and such. AGAIN, I'm not saying that Classic should have Xmog, I'm saying once you get an item or mount, it could be unlocked across your BNET.
    There are also content and API changes (for example, will Decursive and Healbot make a return?) to be considered. It isn't out of this world to imagine that you would need a separate game client to log into classic WoW, simply because the now-deprecated and long-removed api calls and events are once again needed.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would give people an incentive to play vanilla and it's not like it's ruining the vanilla experience so why not?

Achievements, rare mounts, and titles now that is another story as those should not carry over to live.

Deleted
    1 option missing: I dont care because I wont play anything except classic