Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well BFA doesn't seem to have lost any resources.
    If it does then we can argue that. Right now it's pure speculation.
    Ofcourse some resources are lost, that's how these things work.
    No matter how much money Blizzard has.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    It's impossible for me to understand how someone can be so invested in this game that they're actually upset by the presence of vanilla servers.
    It's not so much about the vanilla servers than it is for the "vanilla crowd".

Legion players cant handle the idea of classic wow being successful lol why cant you guys be happy and hope it succeeds, u still have ur wow and I bet now you kids have a higher chance of having flying mounts from the getgo come on yall blizzcon was lit this year every1 wins

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is one of those "vanilla was the worst thing ever, and I should know, because I played on a daily basis the entire time" posts, isn't it?
    No, it wasn't the worst thing ever. EQ was much worse. But, Vanilla is horrible compared to the current game.

People don't remember that, but I suspect people will start remembering when they're still running on foot across the whole zone at lvl 39 to get one thing and then run back through trash that they just killed and have to kill again.

'Tedium' does not equate 'challenge.'
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Ofcourse some resources are lost, that's how these things work.
    No matter how much money Blizzard has.
    And if BFA looks like it's suffered for it then we can be critical.

But until it launches or we see a nearly finished Beta we have no idea.

Will agree financial resources may have been diverted or possibly set up for Classic. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Almost as dumb as complaining about people complaining. Seriously do people have nothing better to do with their lives than to run to the forums to complain about complaints?
    well do people like you have have anything better to do with your life then complain about me complaining about other people complaining that people have been complaining for classic wow forever??

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Should probably wait a month or two after it's release before saying stuff like this. WoW Classic is the ultimate test as to whether people actually liked vanilla or liked playing vanilla for free.
    Exactly this^.. As it will be the true test for the pro legacy mob a few months in from the release of classic servers..

And if BFA looks like it's suffered for it then we can be critical.

But until it launches or we see a nearly finished Beta we have no idea.
    blizzard already announced they hired a totally seperate team for vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Legion players cant handle the idea of classic wow being successful lol why cant you guys be happy and hope it succeeds, u still have ur wow and I bet now you kids have a higher chance of having flying mounts from the getgo come on yall blizzcon was lit this year every1 wins
    Ugh, these kind of people.
    The "kids" thing is quite hilarious, great job.

see heres what Im referring too
    So it bothers you when people are happy. That's a mental illness dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    People seem to forget that Vanilla wow as the casual MMO when it was launched.
    This. People who call Vanilla hardcore never touched EQ or FF11.

you are aware that thousands of people play on scattered amount of private servers and the most legit ones that have the highest chance of getting taken down are some of the most populated, people would rather take a chance and invest long hours of time and endure waking up and losing all their progress than play on retail servers
    Again, you are both right. There is a SIZEABLE chunk of people who play on private servers who are complete noobs with nothing to contribute to the community or people who are only playing there because its free.
    There is also a sizeable chunk of people who want to play classic for a long time.

But how long?
    What's going to happen after say 2 years of this server being out?

Think about these things and realize why its actually you being the aggressive one.
    This is not as easy of a case for Blizzard as many people think. Unless they have some idea to expand upon the Classic game over time, it WILL die eventually. No one loves Classic enough to farm naxx for 2 years straight.

Maybe they know that and are doing it to prove that point?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    why is there so much negativity from fuckboys about Vanilla being announced on these forums? Why is the modern wow community so toxic? You sound so dumb hating on the game that made the game you play now. if your favorite flavor of ice cream is cookies and ice cream, you sound dumb as fuck hating vanilla. You just got a brand new expansion announced go throw a party about it. Majority of you are jealous that Vanilla is overshadowing the new expansion and want to see the game fail so we can go back to your lobby
    You seem a bit triggered.
    And it's funny. Looking how the pro-vanilla folks have been bombing threads here for the past years, you're already crying after one day. Get used to it - people don't like to be milked for cash with 13 year old pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Most likely because it feels like a waste of money that could be spend on other things.
    It's like re-releasing a old iPhone where they have to reproduce the old code.
    I see it more as re releasing the galaxy note 6 after the note 7 nearly blew up a plane and sent 3 different people to the hospital and was banned and sales plummeted.

Much like people only play d3 for seasons if they do seasons right in wow and say release a new classic server every 6 months with the current server rolling over to next tier every 2 or w/e months. So that every 6 months the classic server becomes BC and a new classic server opens so you can choose to go to BC or restart like a season. I think it will make alot of money.

So you can see into the future now?

Mind getting me this weeks Lotto numbers? Or hell even the Euromillions since it awards a ton more?
    You literally think that there's a sizable bunch of players who want to play an obsolete lesser game and they'll be happily doing the same shit, endlessly? The same raids, the same dungeons, grinding for the same mats to make the same stuff...forever?

This game's players get mad when we have a six month stretch without a new raid, but Classic players are gonna be okay with NO new raids? Ever?

Six months and the nostalgia players will have left, leaving a tired handful that'll never shut up about it.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

why is there so much negativity from fuckboys about Vanilla being announced on these forums? Why is the modern wow community so toxic? You sound so dumb hating on the game that made the game you play now. if your favorite flavor of ice cream is cookies and ice cream, you sound dumb as fuck hating vanilla. You just got a brand new expansion announced go throw a party about it. Majority of you are jealous that Vanilla is overshadowing the new expansion and want to see the game fail so we can go back to your lobby
    But on the other why is it so much positivity about Vanilla server, we have had like 6 expansions, and some people bitch and moan about no content, and then think the solution is a vanilla server where there is 6 expansion worth of content less, will be fun when they finally realise, that nothing new will ever be added to vanilla server other than maybe fixing stuff not working like it should.

And no daily quest or anything like that, when all quest are done, only thing to do is clear Molten core over and over forever.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    the game does play like a lobby. there are menus everywhere and very little travel time with all the portals, whistles, cutscenes (not cinematics) and all that jazz that is not an insult its the truth. It wasnt meant to be offensive, why does that bother you? If you prefer that , i dont care
    Your OP, and this post are the main reason that I now hope that classic servers crash and burn.. I was actually quite okay with having classic servers but your insulting tirade of other people that do not share your views, has now changed my mind..

Just report the thread and the OP.
    There's already enough threads about Vanilla WoW and the anti-vanilla/anti-current circlejerking.

The irony here is that the OP is the most toxic thing in this thread.

Makes me wonder what the Classic server community will be like now?

Because there is no way in hell people have stayed the same since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    People like OP will run back to their private servers when they realize that you have to actually buy the game and sub to the game to play Classic Servers. Maybe even requiring the current expansion as well.

Most people aren't salty at all about Vanilla, they just can't stand ass hats like you that are salty about everything NOT Vanilla. Being stuck in the past is no way to be.
    your just assuming shit you dont know me lol , I played up till legion and think the new expac looks really cool despite the issue of it playing like a lobby. and if you use l o g i c youd then figure I have money for a subscription. asshats like you are salty about it go to any vanilla thread and its filled with doomsayers saying they want it to fail in x months, it ruined the new expac, blah blah blah waa waa waa