Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be frank, I much prefer this simple, less-hyped concept of faction war that could lead to a healthy, and ultimately great gaming experience, rather than a hypefest that would come to make me curse my rng luck and make me burn. I feel this could end up like Pandaria. Pandaria had nothing original to offer, we knew the land and the Pandaren existed, but much of the lore that was implemented was new to the universe. This may start simply but the storyline could be great. Legion's storyline was very good as well though, but I feel it's time we saw some war again in Warcraft. The new allied races are interesting as well, will definitely play as a Void Elf. Since Alliance got those, I feel it's fair the Horde got the Nightborne but it's kinda a slap in the face for the Alliance, who also helped them reclaim their homeland. Sad, I wanted them to remain neutral.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall was right
    We needed Garrosh
    Slyv do it right and please burn everything
    -----------
    on side note the alliance have the city they kept whining about since 1999, and the horde got a tree.
    magnifcent
    why the Horde achievement or misery is always an after thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You guys already sieged Orgrimmar, then got to travel back in time and relive your finest moments. How in the Hell can you possibly even justify bitching about Horde favoritism at this point?
    Wait wait wait. YOu mean the" The hordes never actually done anything wrong, because First it was the old horde, then Garrosh horded, and then the iron hordes. So all bad stuff ever done by orcs can never be connected to orcs" So we did not attack the Hordes Orgrimmar, but Garroshes. they did not burn in down completly so there is no Teldrassil, there is an ogrimmar.
    And travel back in time? Warlords of dreanor was 80% orcs. All the Dreanies did was forgive the orcs, because" oh well it was the iron horde, and then Gul'dans horde, so we forgive you" Everytime, orcs do anything it is blamed on a specific group of them. WoD was all about orcs, hardly anything else.

So no more pve or pvp servers, what about rp ?? Lol it sound like they will be pushing hard for everyone to be flagged for their stupid war though. Wish there was a option to go neutral -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    My guess is 8.0 will be about exploration and all out war between the Alliance and the Horde, 8.1 will be about helping the natives with their problems and probably titan facility. In 8.2 we find out old gods (N'zoth) were behind the war between the factions they were influencing people. In 8.3 we fight the old gods, sort of like MoP style expansion which is exactly what wow needs right now.
    Sylvanas started the war. That's what happens when the warchief is a psychotic banshee that wants everyone to become forsaken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    So no more pve or pvp servers, what about rp ?? Lol it sound like they will be pushing hard for everyone to be flagged for their stupid war though. Wish there was a option to go neutral -_-
    Mwahahahah I can't wait to see dainty little elves picking flowers and then Kplaow! Hammer time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Removing PvP and PvE servers doesn't change RP at all. Disable PvP and you are neutral ez. What's your problem?

so many questions...

1. How does the new system change current zones? What happens to the leveling experience? (for example: the attack on Gilneas in Silverpine Forest - is it still happening while the Alliance is expanding)
    2. does this mean we get a revamp of most vanilla zones? nothing mentioned in the presentation apart from scaling levels
    3. if the main cities (Stormwind, Undercity) fall, do these fall during our level experience of before it? (as a low level player you still have the old city, then it phases to the new enemy occupied version)
    4. If the main city is on a different continent, does that mean that the complete low level experience starts on the other continent. This would mean that they have to redo all low level quests. Confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    so many questions...

1. How does the new system change current zones? What happens to the leveling experience? (for example: the attack on Gilneas in Silverpine Forest - is it still happening while the Alliance is expanding)
    2. does this mean we get a revamp of most vanilla zones? nothing mentioned in the presentation apart from scaling levels
    3. if the main cities (Stormwind, Undercity) fall, do these fall during our level experience of before it? (as a low level player you still have the old city, then it phases to the new enemy occupied version)
    4. If the main city is on a different continent, does that mean that the complete low level experience starts on the other continent. This would mean that they have to redo all low level quests. Confused.
    more than likely, the destruction of teldrassil and Undercity will be scenario's or similar to Theramore, where it is still shown in game, but Zidorimi will allow you to go back in time to do quests before the events transpired.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Tbh, I played an Orc for most of this game and I'm still confused at what my character's motivation was for turning on Garrosh. In Warcrimes it even shows the rest of the Horde didn't even give him a chance, so their reasons were bullshit to begin with.

Sylvanas wont have that problem, she has the Tauren, trolls and Saurfang in Lordaeron defending her... That makes her morally good now
    What do you mean that in war crimes no one had given him a chance? The other's perception of Garrosh doesn't change the fact that he purposefully alienated everyone who wasn't a ride or die bitch with him. He wanted undying loyalty just because he was the warchief, adn shunned everyone that didn't offer it even though the actions he took were highly questionable.

If you are gonna pull shady shit, at least you gotta get your allies on your side.

Stonetalon was history by the time War Crimes happened and to be blunt, that storyline proved to be an inconsistent clusterfuck born out of Afrasiabi's nonsense.

Yeah Thrall fucked up, no doubt about that. It's still not enough to turn Thrall into the scapegoat of every single one of Garrosh's choices. That's why I appreciated more the attitude of Garrosh in War Crimes and less his borderline whimpering about Thrall being the bad guy of his personal story in WoD.
    We were talking about him not being given a chance the moment he was made Warchief, not during Warcrimes.

Thrall made him Warchief, the fact that so many people went against him immediately is what led to him becoming a huge dick. There's a series of events, a dominos of shit going bad, but if any of them involved just took a moment to step back and realize it, all of it could have been avoided. Thrall, Cairne, Vol'jin and others are all responsible for Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    What do you mean that in war crimes no one had given him a chance? The other's perception of Garrosh doesn't change the fact that he purposefully alienated everyone who wasn't a ride or die bitch with him. He wanted undying loyalty just because he was the warchief, adn shunned everyone that didn't offer it even though the actions he took were highly questionable.

If you are gonna pull shady shit, at least you gotta get your allies on your side.
    Seems a lot of people take what happened at different points and mix it up. Garrosh Was made Warchief, despite him not wanting to be it, and with Thrall giving him a huge confidence boost... then immediately is challenged to fight to the death by Cairne and then threatened by Vol'jin, all before he has any time to do anything as Warchief.

His alienation of the others, followed after.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Sylvanas started the war. That's what happens when the warchief is a psychotic banshee that wants everyone to become forsaken.
    It was specifically stated that atm it is not known who fired the first shot. But in all honesty, why in the hell would Sylvanas burn Teldrassil out of the blue? Most likely Sylvanas pulls some shady shit in Stormwind as per the new book, Alliance attack Undercity as a result of that and then Teldrassil is burned as retribution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    I am not a big fan of Sylvanas, I wish they would either make Saurfang Warchief or a non jesus version of Thrall. From the new script that was revealed it seems either Sylvanas will be redeemed or we will get a new warchief probably next xpac.

so many questions...

There's so much stuff I've been watching, I can't remember where I heard it, so bare with me.

1. The old leveling experience and zones will not be effected by any story progression in Battle For Azeroth. It'll all be phased to 110+.
    2. It appears some zones are actually be revamped for warfront purposes. We don't know yet if these are just instanced, or if they'll also appear in the live world. If they do I'd imagine they're phased to 110+.
    3. Likely before. Given that apparently the game picks up right after the cinematic.
    4. No, this does not effect content below 110. With the exception of new race options.
    Last edited by Captain Kennedy; 2017-11-04 at 01:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I am not a big fan of Sylvanas, I wish they would either make Saurfang Warchief or a non jesus version of Thrall. From the new script that was revealed it seems either Sylvanas will be redeemed or we will get a new warchief probably next xpac.
    can we have warchife that live or not turn evil, aside from thrall.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    so many questions...

The new system doesn't appear to interact with the leveling system at all, the changes are phased in at level 110 if you've purchased BfA. They are implementing scaling tech (with caps) for questing zones which will change the questing flow - but only in the sense that it now makes more sense to complete a zone's story as the quests won't all go green or grey to a leveling PC. The leveling zones themselves won't be revamped - starting Night Elves will still quest through Teldrassil, and starting Forsaken will still have Undercity as their base, etc. etc. Once a leveling PC hits 110 (and with BfA) then these events will essentially go down and the world will be reorganized to reflect the conflict zones and warfronts.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The new system doesn't appear to interact with the leveling system at all, the changes are phased in at level 110 if you've purchased BfA. They are implementing scaling tech (with caps) for questing zones which will change the questing flow - but only in the sense that it now makes more sense to complete a zone's story as the quests won't all go green or grey to a leveling PC. The leveling zones themselves won't be revamped - starting Night Elves will still quest through Teldrassil, and starting Forsaken will still have Undercity as their base, etc. etc. Once a leveling PC hits 110 (and with BfA) then these events will essentially go down and the world will be reorganized to reflect the conflict zones and warfronts.
    Auclad to the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Stormgarde is the prize because, I assume, it gives the Alliance a military hub in the North from which they can operate and march, what is it, West/NW? All the Alliance needs to do is march across Hillsbrad. I'm going to assume again that an unhindered siege of Undercity is grounded on the fact that the Alliance is able to go through that region without attack from Forsaken towns in HB.

The fact that the city and/or the North is indefensible just leaves its fate in the future. Whatever that may be, the Alliance would have a hub in the North from which to work from.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about here. What siege of Undercity? What marching west and NW? The last point was about Warfront in Arathi. Way after Undercity is already destroyed. And just like it made no sense for Alliance to conquer Lordaeron in the first place, it makes no sense that the Horde can steamroll and even fucking capture the main Alliance city in Lordaeron after they push the Horde out of it. Arathi is going to be surrounded by Alliance territory or impassable mountains from all sides by that point. Where is the Horde getting into Arathi from? Also gunships? Against the supposed superior Alliance aerial power you previously claimed to be the likely reason they got into Lordaeron to begin with? Or did Orcs magically alter Hamemrfell and now they grow there like mushrooms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

My greatest question about warfronts is whether they will be instanced or more of a walk-in open world vibe like Ashran/Tol barad (although PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I guess book will shed some light on the reasons for war since right now it just looks ridiculous.
    The only light the book will shed is on the exact scope of the ridiculousness. There is no salvaging it from any perspective. I mean, I don't care about Alliance much, but the Night Elves get the shaft too. How the fuck do you burn down a World Tree enchanted by the Aspects?

You know what ? I wonder what would happen if you throw vol'jin into sunwell ? Anyone wanna find out ?
    You get a failed Lich? I guess it could be a stepping stone towards the Loa of Failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.