Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Can't have a faction war without Horde doing something ridiculously stupid.
    and gets away with it

Yup, that's bonkers mate. We should pillage and raze Stormwind not burn big tree of some hippies.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The alliance takes control of everything up to the ghostlands, dude....
    and horde took the other whole continent

I've always believed that the Night Elves where the fiercest fighters on Alliance side, I wonder how 'easy' they give up their territory that's only to be reached by water/air.

Also, wouldn't burning this massive tree have major nature-esque impact for life on Azeroth?!
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Here I am wondering how I'll afford the new expansion with my Balkan money
    I'm still not sure how Teldrassil will be of any use, since, you know, it got burned to ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    and horde took the other whole continent
    As far as territory goes it’s fairly even (Each side loses the Northern 1/4 of a continent and gains 1/4 of the other), what annoys me is that once again it’s the Night elves taking the hit for the Alliance, the same damn thing happened when the Horde had to be shown as being tough in Cataclysm, the Night elves were the patsies then too (Oh wait, they retook their land... in a book...), and now the Night elves will only have Darkshore, bits of Ashenvale and Feathermoon stronghold left as sole remnants of their homeland, unless there are some more nasty surprises left, of course... ~_~

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    As far as territory goes it’s fairly even (Each side loses the Northern 1/4 of a continent and gains 1/4 of the other), what annoys me is that once again it’s the Night elves taking the hit for the Alliance, the same damn thing happened when the Horde had to be shown as being tough in Cataclysm, the Night elves were the patsies then too (Oh wait, they retook their land... in a book...), and now the Night elves will only have Darkshore, bits of Ashenvale and Feathermoon stronghold left as sole remnants of their homeland, unless there are some more nasty surprises left, of course... ~_~
    as long as its the edgequeen who does it, nothing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Alliance gain Jainas mom and dumpy port town
    Jaina's mom has got it going on
    She's all I want and I've waited for so long
    Jaina, can't you see? You're just not the girl for me
    I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Jaina's mom
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by erufufu View Post
    This is why people are scared of faction war based Expansions, because you can't make it seem believable without someone crying they lost something while the other side didnt.
    Right because thats how war works... both sides always lose equally. I mean pearl harbor and Hiroshima and Nagasaki were equivalent right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that once again Horde has taken another chunk of major Alliance territory, this time an actual homeland of a race, which judging by the image from Blizzcon, has been completely destroyed.
    While....Horde just have to defend off the Alliance from a corroding castle that really means very little?
    The fact that its even stated that Teldrassil was destroyed, but Horde are only simply attacked? Lorderon isn't taken over, isn't destroyed, no...just...attacked. Which we can easily assume they will defend off the forces of the Alliance and still keep their rotting castle. With the possible outcome of a few small Alliance bases settled into Lorderon land just for a few skirmishes... How is that even remotely fair Blizzard?
    I'm really interested what malfurion is going to do about this. Can't see him staying neutral anymore. Horde basically take over moonglade, hyjal and burn teldrassil down
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Right because thats how war works... both sides always lose equally. I mean pearl harbor and Hiroshima and Nagasaki were equivalent right?
    To be fair, the Alliance burned a small Tauren village and the Horde Mana-bombed a major Alliance port city with a device so potent that every version of Theramore in every reality was destroyed.

Totally equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I'm really interested what malfurion is going to do about this. Can't see him staying neutral anymore. Horde basically take over moonglade, hyjal and burn teldrassil down
    Teldrassil was never really a sacred World Tree. Staghelm had it grown in spite of not getting the Dragon Aspects' blessings. It was corrupted more than once before the Horde burns it down.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I talked about this earlier, so I'm gonna try to explain where I come from. I play Alliance, and personally I feel that Blizzard does a decent job giving each faction it's time to shine. However I do take issue with the burning of teldrassil, not because the Alliance lose it, but because it seems very out of character for even the horde.

I do feel like someone separately that is not in charge did this, to set in motion the expansion that we are about to see unfold. I would even go as far to say that it may have been Jaina. After Legion, she's probably thinking, "I really want to crush the horde, but they are pretty much on the same wavelength right now with the Alliance, hmmmm I know I'll burn down this world tree, pin it on the horde, and start a war." Maybe a stretch? but also people have pinned Jaina as walking down the dark path for a while.

That being said, if Thrall does go full horde this expac, and stop being so neutral, (WHICH IS FINE!! I never had an issue with Thrall). I would really love to see Malfurion and maybe Velen stop being so damn neutral and grow a spine for their faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Was that mentioned anywhere? I thought Horde completely takes those places.
    I was being optimistic, and there’s a “battlezone” or whatever supposed to be in Ashenvale (So presumably there will be at least some Night elf presence left), if the Night elves are completely reduced to metaphorically “crashing on the couch” with the humans that would be a huge kick in the nuts...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    This isn’t a real war though, this is a game, with players on both sides of the conflict who all want some attention, and making one side feel kicked aside just to push the plot into a “RARRR War!”-direction might just be a bad idea, and indeed the very reason many people dread “Put the war back in WARcraft”-expansions...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that once again Horde has taken another chunk of major Alliance territory, this time an actual homeland of a race, which judging by the image from Blizzcon, has been completely destroyed.
    While....Horde just have to defend off the Alliance from a corroding castle that really means very little?
    The fact that its even stated that Teldrassil was destroyed, but Horde are only simply attacked? Lorderon isn't taken over, isn't destroyed, no...just...attacked. Which we can easily assume they will defend off the forces of the Alliance and still keep their rotting castle. With the possible outcome of a few small Alliance bases settled into Lorderon land just for a few skirmishes... How is that even remotely fair Blizzard?
    Quit bitching. So far Horde capitals have been sieged twice. Two of our warchiefs plus Cairne died while on the alliance side Varian died and Magni went AFK to return even more OP.

The Night Elves set their own home on fire.

They got tired of all the Worgen pee and poop stink, and it was easier than cleaning it.

10+ Year Old Account
    its okay we gain World Tree and Mount Hyjal and infinite lumber
    You mean a burned tree? That's not great for lumber.

God King Rastkhan and Ancient Zandalar with Titan Facility and DInosaurs
    Weren't they just trying to kill us all?

Surumar and the majority of the Broken Isles
    Where did you hear that? And even if that's true it likely wont factor into anything; that's old content.

And you've got a half-sunken troll town.

Pretty sure all of those fancy dinosaurs and golden glittery things were.. dungeon enemies.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-11-04 at 09:04 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They can have the stupid tree, we are getting Lordaeron back.
    Stormwind's debt to Terenas has been fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They can have the stupid tree, we are getting Lordaeron back.
    Stormwind's debt to Terenas has been fulfilled.
    you aint getting shit alliance faggot

For me The Worgen burn teldrassil. they need this war, they want it so much! it's a plot!!

Deleted
    its okay we gain World Tree and Mount Hyjal and infinite lumber
    God King Rastkhan and Ancient Zandalar with Titan Facility and DInosaurs
    Surumar and the majority of the Broken Isles

And the strongest Fleet ever assembled by anyone ever.