"Victor of war will inherit dying world"

Does this mean there will finally be a true victor to the war?
    Will the factions dissolve after this x-pac?

Remember in Legion where KINGDOMS WILL BURN!!! was a thing and then no kingdoms burned?

It's marketing, don't think too much.

Damn I would really like the warfront scenarios to mean something more than just a loot/gold/AP reward.
    Last edited by Jrvanvoo; 2017-11-04 at 06:40 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Remember in Legion where KINGDOMS WILL BURN!!! was a thing and then no kingdoms burned?

It's marketing, don't think too much.
    aha will to be fair i mean maybe lore wise the legion did invade the whole planet, so u can imagine them like attacking major cities and stuff i guess, but it cant be represented in game properly because of the mechanics?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm 90% sure that true victor of this war will be N'zoth.

As we saw on cinematic, boy king servers at masters table really well.

I suppose potentially we could see a situation like at the end of the initial Horde when they went into lethargy and were made subservient and stripped of military power.

But maybe, more likely, it's just talking about the new BG and how you're literally fighting over the spilled blood of Azeroth and how that's basically a magic arms-race.

"Victor of war will inherit dying world"
    In other words..a pyrrhic victory. Whoever wins, will think yeah I won...then look at the wreckage, the dead. This is akin to a brigade commander taking 10000 men into battle, achieving his objectives....and then coming home with less than 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    In other words..a pyrrhic victory. Whoever wins, will think yeah I won...then look at the wreckage, the dead. This is akin to a brigade commander taking 10000 men into battle, achieving his objectives....and then coming home with less than 120.
    A little more than that. Azeroth is literally a dying planet. So take your scenario with a brigade commander coming home with 120 men...and then add in him realizing that it doesn't matter at all because planet itself is still doomed.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I'm not really sure who is King of the Alliance at this point.... Genn Greymane or Anduin.... Hmmmm

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Yea, I'm not really sure who is King of the Alliance at this point.... Genn Greymane or Anduin.... Hmmmm
    its anduin...

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Genn Greymane says ''My king'' to Anduin in the cinematic, it's probably Anduin.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    aha will to be fair i mean maybe lore wise the legion did invade the whole planet, so u can imagine them like attacking major cities and stuff i guess, but it cant be represented in game properly because of the mechanics?
    I think I read somewhere that those pre-expansion invasions we did, like in Tanaris and Azshara, never actually stopped. While the class order halls formed and went to the Broken Isles the rank and file Horde and Alliance soldiers have been fighting off those invasions all around Azeroth the entire expansion, likely until we invaded Argus and they all got recalled to reinforce their homeworld.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It's Anduin for some stupid fucking reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's Anduin for some stupid fucking reason.
    Genn Greymane has his hand up Anduin's ass like a puppet, is my point.

Genn Greymane has his hand up Anduin's ass like a puppet, is my point.
    Well, yes, because Anduin's a weak piece of shit who shouldn't be anywhere near that position.

10+ Year Old Account
    This war is manipulated by the old gods
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire