Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Trust me, it will. there are heirloom vendors in undercity, and quests tied to teldressil for holidays. much easier to just add a bronze dragon. Dont forget the Nelf racial mounts and tabard vendors. If thats all there as a Nelf levels why prevent others from accessing it who arent pre-lvl 10 Nelves?
    Too tired to think straight - but honestly I think slapping an NPC there and EXPECTING players to use the NPC for holiday events is really not Blizz's style nor is it good game design. That's borderline "Captain Placeholder" level of emergency "I can't figure out how to fix this shit" level.

And, with all due respect, they had to re-place a LOT of holiday stuff when Cataclysm happened (Holiday bonfires, egg placements, ect...) so don't think it's beyond them to just move stuff.

Also... for some reason, I'm not getting the impression that whomever this current team is necessarily thinking some of these design decisions through enough. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post

there is an interview on wowhead stating it's just phased
    Link Pls. Not that I don't believe you - I just can't find it (which may be an effect of it being nearly 2am here. >_<)

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Too tired to think straight - but honestly I think slapping an NPC there and EXPECTING players to use the NPC for holiday events is really not Blizz's style nor is it good game design. That's borderline "Captain Placeholder" level of emergency "I can't figure out how to fix this shit" level.

And, with all due respect, they had to re-place a LOT of holiday stuff when Cataclysm happened (Holiday bonfires, egg placements, ect...) so don't think it's beyond them to just move stuff.

Also... for some reason, I'm not getting the impression that whomever this current team is necessarily thinking some of these design decisions through enough. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Link Pls. Not that I don't believe you - I just can't find it (which may be an effect of it being nearly 2am here. >_<)
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275397/b...t-blizzcon-201

Gotcha, thx...

So, from the sound of it - leveling will be intact, but at max level shit will be destroyed (most likely permanently).

Q: Now that the continents are split - how are things like Undercity in Alliance territories going to work?
    A: Chronology is tied to leveling, generally - so we don't want to take away from the old fiction but at max level you can then be bummed about bad things happening to Undercity (for example)

Q: Are some of these changes - like Teldrassil burning - permanent?
    A: Not all, but definitely some are.

Q: So the world will be dynamic?
    A: Yeah!
    ALso, they didn't say directly that it was to be Phased... but it does sound like it would be.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Gotcha, thx...

So, from the sound of it - leveling will be intact, but at max level shit will be destroyed (most likely permanently).

ALso, they didn't say directly that it was to be Phased... but it does sound like it would be.
    yes, basically you will be on two different servers... or shards as they call it

Deleted
    I hope they're both burned down and in ruin. We need to feel the effects of the story ingame.

There are plenty of other places for the races to live. You know that place we call plaguelands? It used to be a huge green woodland. Guess who likes trees? Elves.

Forsaken can pretty well plop down wherever, but the Felwood is ugly enough to suit them just fine. (or maybe Feralas, tons of green stuff for them to turn brown and dead)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I hate it

So Horde lose their capital again, and two races are going to be relocated? I don't really understand the logistics of this..? Can someone spoonfeed me how this is even possible?

They specifically mentioned Tirisfal Glades as an example for low level player experience with regards to level scaling (how a Forsaken player should feel the nearby Plaguelands are menacing level-wise), so I don't think the starter experience will change. Tirisfal will probably get a dragon. Teldrassil might be placed in an instance of its own, since the burning tree looks like an object different than the actual map of the zone. Perhaps it will be added to the Outland map with Azuremist Isles, giving the three of them a map of their own so they can remove it from the Kalimdor map while still providing access to it somehow.

The Horde gets ashenvale, darkshore, hyjal, and several other lush lands full of natural resources not to mention a magical well stronger then the sunwell and nightwell put together. The alliance gets the plaguelands, south shore which is plagued, Gilneas which is plagued, undercity which is super plagued....just wow. Who the fuck thought this through?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The Horde gets ashenvale, darkshore, hyjal, and several other lush lands full of natural resources not to mention a magical well stronger then the sunwell and nightwell put together. The alliance gets the plaguelands, south shore which is plagued, Gilneas which is plagued, undercity which is super plagued....just wow. Who the fuck thought this through?

Calm down, all we know so far is the Alliance has Undercity and a tree is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Dunno about Lordaeron but Teldrassil is almost definitely dead.. As a tree you don't really come back from being burned to ashes no matter how magical.. x_x
    Quite different. Some not only survive that, but require it as part of their life cycle.

And then there's Eucalyptus, which just explodes, kills all competition and keeps growing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    They specifically mentioned Tirisfal Glades as an example for low level player experience with regards to level scaling (how a Forsaken player should feel the nearby Plaguelands are menacing level-wise), so I don't think the starter experience will change. Tirisfal will probably get a dragon. Teldrassil might be placed in an instance of its own, since the burning tree looks like an object different than the actual map of the zone. Perhaps it will be added to the Outland map with Azuremist Isles, giving the three of them a map of their own so they can remove it from the Kalimdor map while still providing access to it somehow.
    It'll probably be like Broken Shore, Theramore or Silithus. Intact until you experience the relevant event, then see Zidormi to go back when you want.

If anything, this year's Blizzcon has taught me that WoW players hate change.

First, Blizzard is practically forced into resurrecting a vanilla server so everyone can go and auto attack a level 6 boar to death over the course of 5 minutes (repeat x10000). And then you get people in posts like this one complaining that the face of Azeroth might change a little bit because that one racial city that no one ever goes to is about to get a bit of a makeover.

You people are weird.
    Last edited by anathama; 2017-11-04 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo

From a mechanics standpoint it's a bigger loss for the Horde to lose Undercity, since it is located in a more central and important location in EK. Compare it to Teldrassil which is way off to the North of Kalimdor and no Alliance ever goes there to travel to other Kalimdor maps.

As much rap as Undercity gets being a confusing circular maze, it's utilized a hell lot more as a transit point than Teldrassil. And several Holiday events are situated in Undercity or near Undercity, while there are none for Teldrassil.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    If anything, this year's Blizzcon has taught me that WoW players hate change.

First, Blizzard is practically forced into resurrecting a vanilla server so everyone can go and auto attack a level 6 boar to death over the course of 5 minutes (repeat x10000). And then you get people in posts like this one complaining that the face of Azeroth might change a little bit because that one racial city that no one ever goes to is about to get a bit of a makeover.

You people are weird.
    A bit of a make over? Alliance in Undercity and no Teldrassil is a bit of a make over? Sure.

Personally I am sick of change for the sake of change. I shan't bitch too much until I see what is actually going to happen, though. But if what people say is right then some timetraveling dragonbullshit just isn't my cup of open world mmo y'know?

Deleted
    I don't give a crap about Undercity, stinks to much from all abominations inside.. but Darnassus

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    I don't give a crap about Undercity, stinks to much from all abominations inside.. but Darnassus
    Guys, I'm telling you... We're going to have 100,000 homeless night elf citizens and the stone shell of a giant underground city... That shit is getting purified. Undercity new capital of the Kaldorei. FOR THE ALLIANCE!

I'm still curious how they will ignite teldrasil in the first place. In the cinematic that thing was a giant ball of flame and teldrassil is gigantic, not even deathwing could have set it aflame like that, I doubt all mages of dalaran could realistically do that. This will be such a convoluated asspull of new proportions.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-04 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Orc population was always way lower then most other races in lore, that's why some of the victories they achiev feel sort of forced, that and you start wondering where they keep getting solders.
    The orc population question is indeed extremely dumb, especially the part where Garrosh and his lackeys were suddenly able to threaten the entirety of Azeroth.

One way they could address this is by bringing in the mag'har as playable and making them a more prominent part of the orcs, at least half-half. Make their storyline revolve around strengthening the race as they are nearly facing extinction. I could even see mag'har mostly replacing the current orc population, but I guess the green orc is a bit too iconic for them to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    I'm disappointed Under City is going away. I had always hoped it'd be a hub some day. It's hard to see all these changes without a revamp to the world. I wonder if the burning of Teldrassil came first or came as a response to Under City; I would prefer the latter as something different. I kind of suspected this expansion would reopen the conflict.
    Teldrassil came first. I forget the quote but it was linked earlier in this thread. Undercity was the response

Gilneas is there. Why take the infested Lordaeron, they even stated that it is not defeansable. So my guess is, that the Worgen will retake Gilneas and return the favor in giving the Nelfs a place to stay. Also there is Stormwind where they could take up a place.
    The Forsaken would fall back to Silvermoon, and also Orgrimmar. But My guess is, that Gilneas and Silvermoon will be the places for those refugee races. Its closes to the warfront. Sylvanas coming home to Silvermoon could be interesting, and the same goes for Greymane to Gilneas.
    I am still not hyped, but its growing on me. Plus I still believe in Blizzard. Not my prefered way they use some stuff, but they will make it.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)