Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Heh. Memories of an enhancement shaman wielding Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, and then Windfury procced.
    I have no idea why this is favorite one for some people, but seeing an enhancement shaman with sulfuras was a very rare sight, because shamans are healers and unless you are raidleader, no one would give you this quest...
    You would see shamans wearing AQ mallet, or unstoppable force, or the-one-that-knockbacks-everyone, or pvp one, or some sick low level fuck with 8 second stun one way more often for literally the same result.

I for one never saw a shaman wearing sulfuras, and if i would see one i would slap my face really hard in a facepalm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Words coming from a person who started to play WoW recently and missed tho glory days means as much to me as an used toilet paper.
    "glory days" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I have no idea why this is favorite one for some people, but seeing an enhancement shaman with sulfuras was a very rare sight, because shamans are healers and unless you are raidleader, no one would give you this quest...
    Nobody got Sulfuras for raiding though, it was always a PvP toy for whoever had the DKP or the loot council's favour. Yes Shamans were healers, so were Paladins, and Warriors were tanks. In my guild, it was a Pallie that got Sulfuras - as a PvP toy, in raids he was always Holy spec and healing.

I just came by to tell all you haters who laughed at me for five or so years to suck it. Eat shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I just came by to tell all you haters who laughed at me for five or so years to suck it. Eat shit.
    That is so yesterday.
    Now it's time to be polite and say "let's all live in harmony, everyone has a game to play now, everyone is happy, you don't have to play classic if you dont want to and thats Ok"

Deleted
    it depends. if it requires me to have an active subscription to wow, then nope. i can just go ahead and play free on 3rd party legacy servers.

Deleted
    I had an idea.
    Make a "toggle feature" on the graphics to choose updated models or oldschool...and call the feature "rose tinted glasses"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That is so
    The problem is one that goes much deeper than the surface, down to the very base-level programming and hardware that Vanilla World of Warcraft used in 2003. To run Classic servers, Blizzard would have to build an entirely separate server and client architecture different to the current version World of Warcraft uses today. It would mean running two separate, very large MMOs at the same time—a massive technical challenge. Their new solution is still challenging, but Brack says the team has made a breakthrough.

"We think we have a way to run the Classic servers on the modern technical infrastructure," Brack says. "The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works. It’s those core fundamental pieces, and running two MMOs of that size is a daunting problem. But now we think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_...nment_project)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcra...d_of_the_Clans

You should read the bolded parts. And be prepared to wait.

Deleted
    Cant remember when is the last time i waited this much for a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomizz View Post
    it depends. if it requires me to have an active subscription to wow, then nope. i can just go ahead and play free on 3rd party legacy servers.
    You're going to pay for it dude. There's no way they're making it for free. But most private servers will probably die off when WoW Classic comes out anyway. Real thing's always better. Plus no fear of Blizzard ever shutting the server down and losing your characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a smart idea as it will kill a lot of the remaining gold selling operations that have shifted more and more to private servers.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-11-04 at 01:44 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Well, looks like blizzard figured a way to make money off them. Good for them and good for the people whom wanted the servers.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Nobody got Sulfuras for raiding though, it was always a PvP toy for whoever had the DKP or the loot council's favour. Yes Shamans were healers, so were Paladins, and Warriors were tanks. In my guild, it was a Pallie that got Sulfuras - as a PvP toy, in raids he was always Holy spec and healing.
    Well in our raids a player who burned all his DKP for a piece he never going to use in raid would never get any piece of loot and eventually be replaced...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    That's two different requests entirely, you realize. "I want it the same, but different." I'm neither for nor against Classic Servers, but at least take a standpoint and stick to it. Sheesh.

On topic, I disagree on identical class balance. Would 100% play at least 1 toon on these servers if I could be a fury warrior or bear druid, and I'm good with not having two-handed shamans destroy pvp.
    The majority of classic WoW didn't have 30 people camping every single mob spawn. Dynamic spawning was crucial on private servers in the initial few weeks because otherwise it was simply impossible to quest.

I want Vanilla WoW to be completely faithful but also understand that a change like dynamic spawning is simply necessary

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    But if Blizzard made official legacy servers, I'm sure a lot of people would play them. Hell, they might even get players who quit the game to come back.

Here I am! Just getting my pack of candles ready and I'm good to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You're going to pay for it dude. There's no way they're making it for free. But most private servers will probably die off when WoW Classic comes out anyway. Real thing's always better. Plus no fear of Blizzard ever shutting the server down and losing your characters.
    This. The majority of serious, real players will be on the official servers. Private Servers will be 99% bots, chinese and gold farmers

Congrats everyone, we did it and Blizzard listened. I'll show my appreciation by tossing them a 1-year sub when it comes out.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hey buddy, what are your thoughts again on how this would be too much work?

No, but simply because VANILLA SUCKS. As a healer Vanilla is the horror.

But still: i'm looking forward for them, because finally people with their rose-tinted glasses about vanilla will get an reality-shock: Warrior the only possible tank, Paladin, Priest and Druid only healer viable (except druid who can tank at least some dungeons), very boring gameplay of many classes, pretty unbalanced between classes... vanilla isn't as good as people think it is. But at least they can now face the reality and finally remember how awful it was.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-11-04 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    The majority of classic WoW didn't have 30 people camping every single mob spawn. Dynamic spawning was crucial on private servers in the initial few weeks because otherwise it was simply impossible to quest.

I want Vanilla WoW to be completely faithful but also understand that a change like dynamic spawning is simply necessary
    I want Vanilla WoW to be completely faithful, but also understand that a change like the ability to play 8 (7 per faction) balanced classes is simply necessary.