Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - my mate and I want to play (raids, dungeons etc) on the same server, he likes PvP and I don't. Can you please point me to the correct server we should roll on ?
    This was solved by grouping with realID friends, wasn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KRWMoliugas View Post
    Thats really awful thing, before we could choose if we want world pvp we play pvp realm and if people dont like pvp they just play on pve realms simple as that

It is not as simple as that.
    Starting players have no idea what's going on on a PvP realm.
    I didn't have the slightest idea that for example, it meant kill players who stand no chance against you.
    I aslo didn't know it meant keep killing the same player over and over and over again the second he comes back to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    This will hurt PVP not help it. If you're on a PVE server you can flag yourself PVP and be PVP enabled already. The only thing this is adding is the ability to toggle PVP off essentially for current PVP servers. Thus making every server now just a PVE server. Can't imagine how that helps PVP in any fashion.
    The people that actually want to PVP will still be able to PVP and what you will get are effectively PVP-only crossrealms.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Just as I was getting ready to start fresh on a PvE server, they announce removing the differences. YEAH!

I, for one, welcome this change. Now I can decide for myself if I want to participate in WPvP or not.
    This is a great change, was hoping for this since I transferred to a PvP server back in WotLK.

Do you guys like this change?
    Do you think it will improve your wow-experience?
    Will it improve overall PvP?
    So PvE servers don't change at all, and remain the same exact way they've been since forever. GOtcha!

All servers will become PvE servers. How people can't see it is beyond me.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-11-04 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    If that turns out to be the case than PVP servers were already doomed.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

No, guilds can't invite across servers.

The new system is the best of both worlds - you in PvP mood today, head off to the city and make yourself PvP.

Want to do some PvE content - head off to the city and make yourself PvE.

Whilst you are PvP - you are for all reasonable definitions - on a PvP server.
    Whilst you are not PvP - you are for all reasonable definitions - on a PvE server.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically they are removing pvp servers and just making them all how pve servers are now where you can right click your potrait turn pvp on then 5minutes later you are free of consequences?...

You can't send mail or BoE items to other servers. You also can't lend your friend gold or consumables if they're on another server. So while you can play together, you can't have the full game experience together.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If that turns out to be the case than PVP servers were already doomed.
    Exactly - if people don't want to PvP and the only reason they are is friends or the server change cost, then that's not a good future.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Doesn’t seem that great for the pvp people out there, pretty sure most will choose to do quest and level and what not not flagged, thus killing what little pvp happened on those pvp servers to begin with. Come max level sure some will go flag to do the forced world pvp stuff they come up with but I don’t see many flocking to it, give the complainants the balance has for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So basically they are removing pvp servers and just making them all how pve servers are now where you can right click your potrait turn pvp on then 5minutes later you are free of consequences?...
    From what they've said so far you have to turn PVP on/off in hub cities and you will remain that way until you come back to a hub city to turn PVP on/off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Yes this is what is happening.

it also remove restrictions as to what server can be merged with what server.
    I am wondering if server groups will be merged with server groups now?

This will have the advantage that servers can be removed or added to the park based on need.
    In this way they can manage server costs more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The people that actually want to PVP will still be able to PVP and what you will get are effectively PVP-only crossrealms.
    What's left of world PVP will probably die the instant this feature is active, just like the level x9 alt battlegrounds. People don't want fair fights (it doesn't matter that they say they do), they want to dominate. If only world PVP interested players are left there's nobody to dominate.

It's pretty much an incentive to bring the players back to the game that are stuck on PVP realms, but don't want to start over on a PVE realm or pay character transfer. They should have made that change 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    What's left of world PVP will probably die the instant this feature is active, just like the level x9 alt battlegrounds. People don't want fair fights (it doesn't matter that they say they do), they want to dominate. If only world PVP interested players are left there's nobody to dominate.

It's pretty much an incentive to bring the players back to the game that are stuck on PVP realms, but don't want to start over on a PVE realm or pay character transfer. They should have made that change 10 years ago.
    That could happen...and if it does than, as i said earlier, it only means that PVP servers were eventually going to die anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather see Cross-Region... id take 200 ping to play PvE with a friend overseas...

I guess it more or less means the end of world PvP on WoW. Which isn't a bad thing actually

Finally such a better solution to pvp. Pvp is beautiful in concept and horrible in practice, because of low level ganking sociopaths. I don't mind losing a fair fight, or even losing a somewhat unfair fight, but being jumped by someone who, because of stat balances, is going to destroy me with literally a single button, isn't what I signed up for. Neither is logging into my main to kick his noob ass and now spending 45 minutes on this one level 27 quest.

WoW world pvp was more trouble than it was worth. I ended up rerolling onto a pve server and having a much better time actually being able to budget my time towards things I wanted to accomplish. Playing as a lvl 110 on a PvE server, I was able to toggle on pvp and fight whomever I wanted that also wanted to fight me at my discretion. If I had other things to do, this could be toggled off. It is a tremendous boon to the previously pvp servers to have these same options. Good for them.

why pvp player worried about that? on pvp serv everybody love pvp no? so players will always get their pvp flag on, no? (yeah this is ironic) if not, and if major part of pvp player turn off pvp that's mean, blizz did the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by KRWMoliugas View Post
    Thats really awful thing, before we could choose if we want world pvp we play pvp realm and if people dont like pvp they just play on pve realms simple as that
    When I started the WoW I did not even speak english. All of the people from my country went to one specific PVP server. So should I have rolled on PVE 13 years ago with absolutely no ability to communicate anyone in game?

Also when PVP servers were introduced there were not any battlegrounds or arenas at all. And I was happy with some pvp here and there, mostly with players with similar level. But now there are so many possibilities if you want to play pvp. Things have changed so much since then. At low level areas you get ganked by 110 people from not even your server and at max level the other faction gets ganked by us (not by me ^-^), because once the server was 50-50%, now 90 horde and 10% alli.
    Last edited by Arnoux; 2017-11-04 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Some twat can no longer camp people 90 levels below them for ages? Yeah a tragic loss to the game. NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Then roll on a pve server you always had this choice but no you wanted to be the big man and I rolled on a pvp server. OMG no fair I didn’t want that pvp
    I can't roll on PvE realm, and still play with my frieds or be in the guild, I've been for the last 10 or so years. WoW is as much a game, as it's a social platform, and plenty of us stuck to a bad choice we made when we rolled out first character, just because we made actual friends and collegues.
    Blizzard finally recognized this problem and fixed it, for us. I welcome this change with both hands open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!