Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is this the end of the non-Elven races on Azeroth?

From the looks of the new sub races, especially the elves what i get is that the majority of non-elf Alliance players will race change to Void Elf and almost every single ''monster race'' horde player will race change to Nightborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a really stupid assumption. There are plenty of people playing non-elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect the opposite will happen. The vast majority will continue playing as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhhhh, no?

I might move one of them over to Nightborne, but most of mine are staying as they are. I'll probably have more Highmountain than Nightborne. Maybe even more Zandalar.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

They can't be paladins or druids so I wouldn't be too worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are people like me who would rather be a Lightforged Draenei. People have also wanted Dark Iron Dwarves for a long time, Zandalari and Highmountain Tauren are bound to be massively played as well. And yeah, like any new race/class of course there's gonna be a huge influx of people playing the new shit but it'll eventually die down and even out.
    So no, I don't think all of the 7 million players are going to just choose to stop playing the other races to be edgy void elves or somehow even more stuck-up, egotistical versions of Blood Elves.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    From the looks of the new sub races, especially the elves what i get is that the majority of non-elf Alliance players will race change to Void Elf and almost every single ''monster race'' horde player will race change to Nightborne.
    Depends on what classes they can have. Unless they can be paladins and druids then there will be still be tauren. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Loathe the night boring elfs most, worst zone in legion, useless race of cry babies that did nothing as we did everything to save them. Void elves are nothing great ether, see zero reason to race change any of my characters

If I end up playing the next expansion, I'll stick with my femtauren paladin unless pandas can be DKs finally. Or they unlock that fox race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If I end up playing the next expansion, I'll stick with my femtauren paladin unless pandas can be DKs finally. Or they unlock that fox race.
    Furry detected

Deleted
    I found it quite funny, that we actually got those "Void-Elves". I once said, that it'll be terrible, because now the Bloodelf Population would shoot up even more now. People already play a shitton of Belfs - now there will be even more.

And no, I don't hate them. I'd just like some more people playing Horde actually play more than just pretty elves (which in itself is funny to me, because of all those "fuck alliance"-people - while the real Horde is actually the majority elves )

Unlike blood elves, void elves and nightborne wont be playable until you unlock them.

But fuck do i want a zandalari troll, dude. Screw the elves. Need moar char slotz

Deleted
    For me it completely depends on what classes they can be.

Did Blizzard mention how their racials are going to work? Will Nightborne have Shadowmeld and Void Elf Arcane Torrent? Or will there be completely new racials?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    I found it quite funny, that we actually got those "Void-Elves". I once said, that it'll be terrible, because now the Bloodelf Population would shoot up even more now. People already play a shitton of Belfs - now there will be even more.

And no, I don't hate them. I'd just like some more people playing Horde actually play more than just pretty elves (which in itself is funny to me, because of all those "fuck alliance"-people - while the real Horde is actually the majority elves )
    Agree, hilarious looking at the void elf model. It is literally the blood elf model, so was blizzards way of giving us 'high elves' which really everyone just wanted to play blood elf model.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Furry detected
    Eh...not really. I just wanted a character that wasn't the same as every other. Male Orc and tauren warriors are dime a dozen. Forsaken warlock, belf bimbo pally, etc.

Basically avoiding stereotypical characters.

I think they're will be more trolls running about on the horde side at least, after all it is the cooler model.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Agree, hilarious looking at the void elf model. It is literally the blood elf model, so was blizzards way of giving us 'high elves' which really everyone just wanted to play blood elf model.
    I would be genuinely surprised if High Elves didn't become a playable race(or at least a cosmetic option), since it's just the blood elf model with blue eyes.

It's literally the easiest fanservice they could provide.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Eh...not really. I just wanted a character that wasn't the same as every other. Male Orc and tauren warriors are dime a dozen. Forsaken warlock, belf bimbo pally, etc.

Basically avoiding stereotypical characters.
    So you went from the highschool stereotype of a cheerleader to the highschool stereotype of the lonely dude in the corner with the weird hairstyle.
    You are a stereotype regardless of what you think, you are just not the popular stereotype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, as a main Belf and secondary Undead (praise our Queen), I MIGHT change to main Zandalari Troll and Secondary Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one of my characters I might make into the new races is my mage from orc to nightborne, but since she's an alt it probably won't happen. All my other characters (monster Horde \o/) I'm perfectly happy with.

As for new alts, well, unless they happen this xpac I still need: a rogue, a warrior, a druid and a hunter. TBD what races.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.