Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see them adding another Orc form (straight back) and another human form (Giants) in the near future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I've been thinking, and will try listing the possible potential allied races to come (including the confirmed 6 for completeness).

Classic races:
    Alliance
    Dark Iron Dwarf (confirmed)
    Wildhammer dwarf
    Leper gnome (sounds unlikely tho)

Horde
    Undead high elf
    Frostwolf orc
    Blackrock orc
    Zandalari troll (confirmed)

Burning crusade races:
    Alliance
    Broken draenei
    Horde
    Mag'har orc

Mists of Pandaria
    Alliance
    Jinyu
    Horde
    Hozen

Legion
    Alliance
    Void elf (confirmed)
    Lightforged draenei (confirmed)
    Horde
    Highmountain tauren (confirmed)
    Nightborne elf (confirmed)
    Helajar vrykul (unlikely)
    In unlikely i would also put Undead elfs (As the Void Elfs looks a lot like the Darkfallen), maybe undead humans (Nathanos style).

Also would add the other trolls options (Forest Trolls -big and bulky trolls- but maybe won't happen), also the Lich King Taunka option would make sense.

Note: We are already Frostwolf Orcs.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    We know that there are already some changes in both addition and subtraction (Void Elves especially have an entirely different class scheme than Night Elves, as they should be). As long as Zandalari can be Paladins I'll be happy.
    They would need to lose a class ... I think Druid, even though that doesn't make too much sense. I also see them not being able to be Monk.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    A smart business move not to release them all at once. More people will buy race changes in the future.
    I'm sure they will add:
    -High elves & Vrykul for the Alliance
    -Undead elves & Kvaldir for the Horde

What about worgen and goblin?

They said allied races won't be themed on classic races.
    It won't be extra customization for dwarves or orcs, but more a recruited race based on history that a classic race from the faction had with the allied race.

For example, Nightbornes and Blood Elves were already talking about a possible alliance in Legion. In BfA, Lady Liadrin will be asked by the Hord to offer them a place into the faction, not necessarily into Blood Elves.
    Each allied race will join a faction banner instead of staying neutral.

Dark Iron dwarves were "accepted" in Ironforge since Cataclysm because Moira, their new leader, is Magni's daughter. But they never had a real commitment into the Alliance. BfA will give them the opportunity to show their full loyalty to the other Dwarf houses and for the Alliance.

The 6 allied races introduced during Blizzcon were already present in game for most of them and both factions had interaction with them. In BfA they will have to pick a side.

So we might consider that allied races are new playable races already existing in game, just like Goblins and Worgens when Cataclysm was released.

So what neutral races have we already met, whatever the planet/timeline, that could join one of the factions?

- Ogres from Outland
    - Arrakoas from Outland
    - Brokens from Outland
    - Ethereals from Outland
    - Tuskarrs from Northrend
    - Frost Dwarves from Northrend
    - drogbars from Broken Isles
    - Morgestans from Broken Isles

Beside that, we have factions related clans, like Frostwolves, wildhammers, Kultirassians, Taunkas that never really joined a faction to fight the opposite.
    Last edited by WolfRider; 2017-11-21 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    snip
    Murlocs!!!!!
    And more Murlocs!!!
    I want my Murloc Oracle(priest)
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're getting Arrakoa, I want the beautiful songbird Dreanor ones...not the withered chickens from Outland.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    If we're getting Arrakoa, I want the beautiful songbird Dreanor ones...not the withered chickens from Outland.
    Would be the the likely course of action. Blizzard would have to update the models to fit current playable races' animations, but they wouldn't do all of this for the cursed, hunched over arrakoa.

Hell, WHY go back to AU Draenor at all if not to recruit the "high" arrakoa and the remnants of the Gorian Empire ogres? This could be a perfect time to lorexplain bringing them into the fold:

Total war between both factions of Azeroth - both factions need to keep the numbers of their armies up - need infusions of soldiers - "HEY REMEMBER WHEN WE MARTY McFLY'D A F'N PLANET?" - boom, arrakoa and ogres.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes they plan to keep releasing allied races if it goes well when these 6release

Honestly feels like Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei are a huge stretch, they're barely new at all and just recolours at best. Thats 2 of the 3 races for alliance with nothing more than adding new sliders to character creation basically.
    The horde are definitely getting a better deal here with two entirely new races and just 1 "recolour" so to speak.

Going forward horde have much more potential too, as practially anything fits into the horde and in general the alliance has had more adversaries. Blizzard have their work cut out for them if they do another batch, considering anything left that is worthwhile and could make even the smallest bit of sense, requires major art and design work.

I mean for alliance they have things like Jinyu, Furbolgs, those walrus people from Wrath, the new fox people in BfA etc. but these all require a hell of alot of work compared to any of the 6 allied races we're getting this time. However, considering the raw deal alliance get this time round, its prob fair they get a major completely new race next time.

Assuming we will not be getting anymore Allied Races for Dwarf, Night Elf, Draenei, Blood Elf, Trolls and Tauren, my wish list for future allied races is.

Alliance
    Human: Kul Tirasian
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Worgen: Drakonid

Horde:
    Orc: Mok'nathal
    Undead: Skeleton
    Goblin: Vulpera

Pandaren: Tuskarr (Horde), Furbolg (Alliance)

If Alliance don't get Jinyu as an allied race on the 2nd batch of planned releases I will pop heroism/bloodlust and make my way to Blizzard hq and correct their error in judgement.

I see many allied races's suggestions as more of a new race than allied race such as Ogre, Jinyu, Hozen, etc.

We're almost certainly going to get Kul Tirisian Humans as an option this expansion. Beyond that, it's just guesswork. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wildhammer Dwarves and Forest Trolls added, especially if the Warfronts move to the Hinterlands, or if Zul'Dare and Crestfall are added as Patch zones. Also, another type of Orc (Blackrock, Dragonmaw, or Mag'har) seems likely. Undead Elf is another possibility. Vulpera seem made to be an Allied race, although they may not be added until next expansion, like the four Legion Allied races.

This is the type of feature that I see being expanded upon in EVERY expansion going forward. The customization is near limitless, and Blizzard has to be aware of that.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Honestly adding more customization to existing races would have been enough for me. I feel like allied races are boring. "Welcome to BfA expansion, go do old content"

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I've been thinking, and will try listing the possible potential allied races to come (including the confirmed 6 for completeness).
    Classic races:
    Alliance
    Dark Iron Dwarf (confirmed)
    Kul'Tiras human

Horde
    Frostwolf orc
    Zandalari troll (confirmed)

Burning crusade races:
    Alliance
    Broken draenei
    Horde
    Mag'har orc

Wrath of the Lich King:
    Alliance
    Mechagnomes
    stone dwarves
    Horde
    Taunka
    kvaldir

Cataclysm races:
    Alliance
    Wildhammer dwarves
    Horde
    Dragonmaw orcs

Mists of Pandaria
    Alliance
    Jinyu
    Horde
    yaun'gol

Warlords of Draenor
    Alliance
    Aarakoa
    Horde
    Ogres

Legion
    Alliance
    Void elf (confirmed)
    Lightforged draenei (confirmed)
    Vrykul
    Horde
    Highmountain tauren (confirmed)
    Nightborne elf (confirmed)
    Drogbar

Updated and added some

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Assuming we will not be getting anymore Allied Races for Dwarf, Night Elf, Draenei, Blood Elf, Trolls and Tauren, my wish list for future allied races is.

Alliance
    Human: Kul Tirasian
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Worgen: Drakonid

Horde:
    Orc: Mok'nathal
    Undead: Skeleton
    Goblin: Vulpera

Pandaren: Tuskarr (Horde), Furbolg (Alliance)
    I agree with this list. Especially Vulpera for the Horde~ But come to wonder, when you mean Draknoid; thus with fourlegs or thos really big ones that swirle their weapon all around when they run? Or perhaps a whole new one based of a existing rig? Like a Worgen rig?(Been used for Saurok after all)

I can see us getting Taunka, Frostborn dwarves and Drakkari trolls in Lich King 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to know how this is going to work. Because these races are going to be unlocked via reputation, questlines, etc. So you unlock them and then you get the privilege of spending more money on a race change?