So you all missed something.

Both lore and general forums are filled with topics about how the Horde vs Alliance is stupid for as whole xpac theme. Did no on catch(its on the front page) that yesterday Blizz said at the end of the xpac will be fighting azhra(sp sorry) yet no one is talking about that.

IMO I think the faction war is started due to our old god friends, why fight your enemies if you can infulce them to kill each other and then strike at the end of the war. Now for super tinfoil hat, Jaina is Azhra or under her control. She burns downs Nelf tree because she hates the Nelfs, if she's not Jaina then she's her newly introduced sister. Before any one says bro Azhra is a Naga now, your really going go tell me some like Azhra a gifted user of arcane magic juiced with old god powers couldn't cast a shape shifting spell or one that makes need look human to others. Rant over, for Azeroth!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nordonn View Post
    Both lore and general forums are filled with topics about how the Horde vs Alliance is stupid for as whole xpac theme. Did no on catch(its on the front page) that yesterday Blizz said at the end of the xpac will be fighting azhra(sp sorry) yet no one is talking about that.

IMO I think the faction war is started due to our old god friends, why fight your enemies if you can infulce them to kill each other and then strike at the end of the war. Now for super tinfoil hat, Jaina is Azhra or under her control. She burns downs Nelf tree because she hates the Nelfs, if she's not Jaina then she's her newly introduced sister. Before any one says bro Azhra is a Naga now, your really going go tell me some like Azhra a gifted user of arcane magic juiced with old god powers couldn't cast a shape shifting spell or one that makes need look human to others. Rant over, for Azeroth!!
    exactly it's Cata + mop AGAIN
    it's kind of stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by nordonn View Post
    Jaina is Azhra or under her control. She burns downs Nelf tree because she hates the Nelfs, if she's not Jaina then she's her newly introduced sister.
    I think you are the one missing a lot. Better double check your info on this.

Internet rules says always focus on the stuff you dont like and pretend the stuff you do like don´t exist.

In one of the panels, they finished with "it doesn't matter who wins the war for Azeroth, if there is no world to rule anymore"..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    We did catch on it. We just don't care. She got the shortest stick of them all, she is all out disposable villain.

It is silly for some people to think that it's all Horde vs Alliance when the signs are very in our face that Old Gods are gonna be involved.

1. Sea priests of Stormsong Valley. There's bound to be some Naga and Old God worship in there!
    2. Titan facility that dealt with Old Gods in some way, which just might have caused the corruption mentioned on Zandalar.
    3. Azshara is confirmed as a boss in the 2nd raid of the expansion.

One way or another we'll eventually have to deal with Old Gods or at least their minions in the form of Naga at minimum.

Now, how the fighting actually starts? Good question but we still have some Legion bits that may go slightly into it. If not, there's the novel Before the Storm that's bound to share some insight on this new war of ours.

Here's to looking forward to more info! ^_^

They also didn't say at the end of the Xpac, they said before the end of the Xpac. 2 different things. I would guess Azshara is going to be a middle of the xpac boss and not the final boss. Especially if the whole old gods theme pans out in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    exactly it's Cata + mop AGAIN
    it's kind of stupid
    And every other expansion has dug up an old not-hero and brought them forth as the big threat to the world.... At least MoP managed to hide the fact that it was entirely an old god story

Deleted
    They relegated Azshara to "saturday morning villain", why would we care?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Now, how the fighting actually starts? Good question but we still have some Legion bits that may go slightly into it. If not, there's the novel Before the Storm that's bound to share some insight on this new war of ours.
    We actually know, Sylvanas is planning to attack Stormwind in the preview of the novel. It's blunt faction war without corruption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    And every other expansion has dug up an old not-hero and brought them forth as the big threat to the world.... At least MoP managed to hide the fact that it was entirely an old god story
    look i will wait for the book to *** see why we are doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

We actually know, Sylvanas is planning to attack Stormwind in the preview of the novel. It's blunt faction war without corruption.
    stormwind again

i mean it's a tradition now to attack stormwind every expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

"no one" as in "only dozens of threads"? If you type the name right you can even use the search function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not end, from what they said it seems she is going to be some sort of mid-expansion raid. Likely the whole expansion will be a prelude to Old Gods/Void Lords taking over while Alliance and Horde busy fighting over scraps.

this is the one thing that made me very unhappy. i hate faction conflict, but i can at least deal with it.

azshara though, she was a mage so powerful she could stand against malfurion, literally the strongest two mortals on azeroth at the time. she's only had thousands of years to grow in power since then.

she should have been in the void expansion, and should have surpassed n'zoth in power. she could have been so much more, a cruel and entirely self-absorbed mind being more than enough to match n'zoth's.

Deleted
    Obviously Azshara will be a Kul Tirassian raid boss. Naga invasion of Kul Tiras is speculated for years, but seeing Azshara most likely relegated to that is just sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    True, but that's just the prologue. Still wanna hear what else that bridge of story has to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There is already a thread devoted to Azshara, it's just gotten pushed to the second page due to the influx of threads. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead