Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Watching the naysayers now pivot to another argument (you won't really like it...you'll quit!) is greatly amusing. What is it that compels these people to tell others what they should or shouldn't enjoy? What do you care?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    You crazy? They have been working on this ever since before that meeting with the nostalrius devs, just didn't have enough time to prepare the announcement back then.
    I imagine if they had any meaningful progress on this project, they would have shown at least a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I imagine if they had any meaningful progress on this project, they would have shown at least a screenshot.
    No point, everyone knows what Vanilla looks like. They just said "it will take time" for people not to expect it next week, but IMO it will be released either before or soon after the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Watching the naysayers now pivot to another argument (you won't really like it...you'll quit!) is greatly amusing. What is it that compels these people to tell others what they should or shouldn't enjoy? What do you care?
    Let's recapitulate:

1. Bliz doesn't have the code!!!!!!

2. Bliz doesn't have the hardware!!!!

3. Bliz doesn't wanna do it!!!!

4. It is just not profitable!!!!

5. Stop living in the past!!!!

6. 100% not going to happen!!!

7. You'll hate it once it comes out!!!!

8. ????
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Let's recapitulate:

1. Bliz doesn't have the code!!!!!!

2. Bliz doesn't have the hardware!!!!

3. Bliz doesn't wanna do it!!!!

4. It is just not profitable!!!!

5. Stop living in the past!!!!

6. 100% not going to happen!!!

7. You'll hate it once it comes out!!!!

8. ????
    They go down swinging; I'll give them that. I mean..when you keep being proven wrong, just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.

Deleted
    No point, everyone knows what Vanilla looks like. They just said "it will take time" for people not to expect it next week, but IMO it will be released either before or soon after the next expansion.
    12-18 months development time only seems awfully optimistic to me. consider that in addition to just making the game run, they will want to add all the modern battle.net features to it, it has to run on new hardware and network interfaces, and probably a couple other things.

starcraft remastered took 12 months, and that is a puny tiny game by comparison.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-11-04 at 01:59 AM.

Ya its surely a ridiculous amount of work to get all those things implemented, they know its going to be huge and thats why they are willing to put all this effort into getting it working.

Also there is no chance this releases along side BFA, this is bigger than that and to maximize profits its going to come after.

I never thought I'd live to see the day that Classic WoW would exist, nor be a sub-forum on MMO-Champion.

Truly the brightest timeline.

Private server numbers show that player population wont be a problem. Fans of the current game just seem to be unable to understand people like the different feeling of vanilla WoW. The current game will be fine, a lot of players wont be throwing those characters away.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Private server numbers show that player population wont be a problem.
    Sure, if we forget the inconvinient fact that they're playing a free game.

And btw there is a problem on private servers. They have a very low player retention rate.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sure, if we forget the inconvinient fact that they're playing a free game.

And btw there is a problem on private servers. They have a very low player retention rate.
    Blizzard has already stated they expect not many people to play WoW Classic, and they're completely fine with that.

Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Blizzard has already stated they expect not many people to play WoW Classic, and they're completely fine with that.

Suck it up.
    That doesn't address my post at all.

Deleted
    Your post and overall problem seem to be that there are ppl that are happy they get back to vanilla. I dont really understand why that is such a tough piece for you.
    Your post history is full of rage on ppl who are happy to get back to vanilla.

I just don't get the HATE people express over this. It's like you try everything in your might to tell people who like vanilla how "bad the game was and that it sucked". Well, good for you, apparently it sucked for you but that doesn't mean other people feel the other way around. I could tell the anti-vanilla people the same about legion, how it is a degenerated, downgraded piece of trash game for the new facebook browsergame generation who don't want to invest time in a mmorpg, yet I don't spew such hatred all over the wow forums.

It's like you told me how much you like a certain dish and I'd go all over you and told how much it sucked, how old it is and that you need to flow with the time and forget that stupid food that you grew up with and that you suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senn View Post
    I just don't get the HATE people express over this. It's like you try everything in your might to tell people who like vanilla how "bad the game was and that it sucked". Well, good for you, apparently it sucked for you but that doesn't mean other people feel the other way around. I could tell the anti-vanilla people the same about legion, how it is a degenerated, downgraded piece of trash game for the new facebook browsergame generation who don't want to invest time in a mmorpg, yet I don't spew such hatred all over the wow forums.

It's like you told me how much you like a certain dish and I'd go all over you and told how much it sucked, how old it is and that you need to flow with the time and forget that stupid food that you grew up with and that you suck.
    Especially because this has now its own forum. When all the vanilla stuff was in the legion general i could understand ppl getting frustrated of seeing the same old vanilla topics. But now Vanilla has its own forum here and ppl decide to come here to rage about vanilla. I just dont understand why someone wants to waste their time raging about something they claim to "not play"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Especially because this has now its own forum. When all the vanilla stuff was in the legion general i could understand ppl getting frustrated of seeing the same old vanilla topics. But now Vanilla has its own forum here and ppl decide to come here to rage about vanilla. I just dont understand why someone wants to waste their time raging about something they claim to "not play"
    They are sad that some people get to be happy

Have you not been around the past 2 years? Vanilla fans fought for this tooth and nail and now we have it and you still try and downplay it. Vanilla community has unbreakable will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLDOOG View Post
    They are sad that some people get to be happy
    and that makes me sad honestly