[Discussion thread] The Azurite item upgrade system

I actually like the concept but IMO only a few unique items should be up-gradable, the system will quickly become boring if every item can be upgraded.

--------------------------------------

A reason why the ring system might be flawed :

When they were explaining the item upgrade system, they mentioned that the choices have synergy between them.

So if we choose X, then we are "forced"(performance wise) into choosing Y and Z.

If our 2nd and 3rd choices are decided by our first choice. It means that we don't have 9 choices (3 > 3 > 3), we only have 3 choices ( 3 > 1 > 1 ).

I might have understood it wrong but from the examples that they have shown, it is clear that your initial choice forces you into choosing a certain 2nd and 3rd choice because they synergize together.
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Deleted
    I'm sure it'll be overengineered and needlessly complicated.
    And in the end it doesn't matter because your other items will still Titanforge.
    So whatever the ring produces doesn't produce your most powerful items.

You still want to grind them sweet sweet TF procs for your other slots.

It's the artifact, just without appearances. What's there to discuss? If you like the artifact and the associated grind, cool, you will like Azurite. Otherwise, you won't like it.

The system is there to give you "reasons to log in (and farm some shit)" every week from launch till whatever is going to be the point where you will say "to hell with it" and stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's the artifact, just without appearances. What's there to discuss? If you like the artifact and the associated grind, cool, you will like Azurite. Otherwise, you won't like it.

The system is there to give you "reasons to log in (and farm some shit)" every week from launch till whatever is going to be the point where you will say "to hell with it" and stop.
    If I am not wrong, you can't fill all the traits like artifact. I hope they just merge this kind of progression into base system already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    If I am not wrong, you can't fill all the traits like artifact. I hope they just merge this kind of progression into base system already.
    I don't think this plays a role.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think this plays a role.
    It makes the two different though because with artifact it's only a progression system but not customization because they all fill all traits. This system you can't. Just like talents.

- - - Updated - - -

So if we choose X, then we are "forced"(performance wise) into choosing Y and Z.

If our 2nd and 3rd choices are decided by our first choice. It means that we don't have 9 choices (3 > 3 > 3), we only have 3 choices ( 3 > 1 > 1 ).

I might have understood it wrong but from the examples that they have shown, it is clear that your initial choice forces you into choosing a certain 2nd and 3rd choice because they synergize together.
    I honestly think this will vary a lot depend on each item. It will likely not be a general rule that every item comes with set of traits that has synergy.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a C e View Post
    I actually like the concept but IMO only a few unique items should be up-gradable, the system will quickly become boring if every item can be upgraded.

--------------------------------------

A reason why the ring system might be flawed :

When they were explaining the item upgrade system, they mentioned that the choices have synergy between them.

It's a justifiable concern.

However, it's just a concern.

You say "might". That's the key word. Whether this is a problem or not 100% rests on how significant and powerful the synergy is.

Just look at talents, right now. In many cases, you pick one talent because it's really good, and in tiers above/below, there are talents that synergise with it. Do you always pick them?

No. You do not. So you aren't so much misunderstanding as making huge assumption that doesn't take into account similar systems. Again, think about talents. Very often you do not pick talents which synergise, because the individual talents themselves are strong enough that they're better than the synergy.