Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    The new PvP Rulesets will probably be also added just to not have to open up 2 servers per region.

With all these additions I can truely imagine that things like achievments and transmog which don't interfer with the gameplay but add longer playability and content, will be added aswell.
    No. Just NO.

No transmog, no shity pvp rule from battle for azeroth.
    Just give us old vanilla like it was

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I am absolutely convinced of this. The outcry of people being shoehorned into a spec because of nostalgia will drive many mad.
    I can see it now, as a Retadin or Arms Warrior tries to raid, only to find out that they cannot because their spec isn't viable, or their tier doesn't match what they want to play.

I think it genuinely will be best of both worlds, and it is why it has taken so long.
    arms was perfectly fine in vanilla tho, what are you talking about? just because you didnt use the tier set doesn't mean it wasnt a great spec.

sure fury overtook it in later stages, but that didnt make it "Not viable"

even taking one ret to a raid wasn't unheard of because of blessing of kings

they should not alter gameplay directly in any way, because then why are you even making it? the whole point is the vanilla experience, if you take out everything that makes it vanilla (and yes how classes were is a HUGE part of that) then you might as well not do it
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-04 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Dude stop being salty so much. We'll get vanilla like it or not.

That being said, assembling a group for Stratholme will take as much time as assembling a group for any dungeon in Legion.
    From my experience finding decent people for Stratholme for example, that will invest their time to finish the whole dungeon is hard.
    How am I being Salty? I'm just being realistic.
    I never said Vanilla servers are useless, only thing I'm saying is that Vanilla wasn't this Gold-era of WoW everyone is talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    I think it's not because Legion's bringing a lot of new players into the game.
    Funny enough, it is not really being implemented now. They just said they were working on it and it might still be years before we see the product.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    I'm really not sure this will do much to private servers. Those communities are already established, and the people who play on them aren't likely to drop everything they've invested over there just to be on an official server. Like anyone rerolling to other servers on live, it takes a lot to get someone to stay.

I suppose this would deter more from joining private servers however, anyone interested in a vanilla WoW would likely go to Classic instead of a private server and through attrition private server populations might diminish a bit.
    I was pretty active on most of the private servers and a lot of ppl that play vanilla will quit them because there isnt that much security to keep ur acc. Blizzard will not give rank14 for money etc. People still will play pservers but mostly for tbc/wotlk/cata (rest of the xpacs arent that popular or they are too buggy)

Deleted
    Won't happen, no matter how much you stamp your feet and cry. They have invested too much in new tech, and people expect too much now, this is the best compromise and best result to satisfy the majority of both camps.
    They said on the PC gamer interview they wanted to recreate an authentic vanilla expeirence

AUTHENTIC

They even went as far as saying "there wont be cross-realm servers or Looking For Raid and Dungeon Finder automatic party matchmaking"

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/
    "Brack is clear that using modern server architecture doesn’t mean that these Classic servers will have the same features that current World of Warcraft does. There won’t be cross-realm servers or Looking For Raid and Dungeon Finder automatic party matchmaking. There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience."

They might have the technology to do it now with ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    As for graphic updates, there is no reason to not use them other than refusing it because of the nostalgic sake, but Blizzard is not a die hard nostalgia fan anyway so my guess will also be we will get back the old world with old quests and probably old talent trees and abilities.
    But we will have modern features and structures, graphics and gameplay improvements like working and balanced specs.

Personally I really hope it is going to be that way.
    I loved classic but in 12 years some technical improvements are just needed. And some social additions are really great and a downer to miss.
    Personally I can't live without transmog anymore. I just don't want to run around in blue/yellow/green/red gear at lvl 60 that is a mixture of tierset, crafting gear and randomloot that doesn't match at all.

Also I am pretty sure that they will add stuff like tiersets changing depending on your spec and so on.
    Then it wouldn't be what the legacy crowd is asking. It defeats the entire point of vanilla if you throw the same wheelchair features present on retail.
    People don't want to be teleported into dungeons, lfg, lfr and other cancerous features that ruined the original community and world exploration feel.
    The only things that would be ok is bug fixing and class balance since a lot of specs were totally useless.

Cz subs numbers are dropping given the huge amount of people quitting due to shit content.

The game is doing so well (look at the metrics, time spent and revenue) that they can afford to do it.

Gotta love the Negative Nates wanting to turn this into a negative though, utterly ignoring the facts and figures.

It was an example, I could have equally said Enhancement Shaman, or anything else...stop taking it literally.

As it stands, it wasn't a viable spec if you wanted the tier pieces, they were designed for one spec and one spec alone. No need to dramatise something that isn't even drama.
    yeah, it also wasnt viable if you wanted to wear cloth.

why would you want the tier pieces if they werent good for you? there were tons of great dps war items in all of the raids

and the aq40 set was good for dps warriors iirc

also, enha was a pvp spec, and for that it was fantastic
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-04 at 01:58 PM.

1. Popular request since way back
    2. They realise how popular and loved private classic servers were and are
    3. They decided it's worth the tech and time to officially give us classic as an option

Who gives a shit about any other reasons to do with subs, legion, etc. They're actually listening to what A LOT of players want, and the best thing about it? If the anti-classic people don't wanna play it they don't have to because they have BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Subs are down and they need people to come back.
    People keep saying that, but is there any actual proof subs are down? Legion was extremely successful expansion for blizzard. If I had to guess I'd say sub numbers are actually up since last x-pac. There is constant stream of content for casual players to keep playing, and there is infinite carrot on a stick for people to chase.
    Last edited by Netherblood; 2017-11-04 at 01:59 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    I think it's not because Legion's bringing a lot of new players into the game.
    Because they want/need more subs/money...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    They said on the PC gamer interview they wanted to recreate an authentic vanilla expeirence

AUTHENTIC

They even went as far as saying "there wont be cross-realm servers or Looking For Raid and Dungeon Finder automatic party matchmaking"

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/
    This is not what he said.
    This is what the interviewer heard out of it.

Also they said it is too early to say how the game is going to work but as I have said, I sincerely doubt they will just add old bugs and exploits just for the sake of it.

Things like LFR/g will not be there of course, but a UI based searching feature beside chat spam is not vanilla but deffinately something that might be added.

An "authentic vanilla feeling" does not mean "exactly the same thing from 12 years ago". Compare it to a medieval themepark .. it is trying to create a long lost atmopshere but noone there is actually dying from playgue or is being burnt for whitchcraft. There are working Toilets and hygene standards of modern worlds.

Of course addin stuff like Achievments or Transmog is totally optional and might not happen because of the authentic feeling but it could also be the other way round that they say, we could atleast add that because it doesn't interfere with the actual gameplay.

Both directions could happen and honestly all I really want is back my lvl 60 old world content, questing and classes. I just want to be home again.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    People keep saying that, but is there any actual proof subs are down? Legion was extremely successful expansion for blizzard. If I had to guess I'd say sub numbers are actually up since last x-pac. There is constant stream of content for casual players to keep playing, and there is infinite carrot on a stick for people to chase.
    it does not matter if the subs went down or not... its just strange that they didn't implement classic servers long ago...

Money, and probably doesn't cost them alot. You'd be surprised at the numbers Vanilla private servers are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    it does not matter if the subs went down or not... its just strange that they didn't implement classic servers long ago...
    blizzard probably has wanted to for a while now. But like they've said in the past. They have none of the data of the old patches, so they've probably been trying to reconfigure all that and get it working smoothly.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    blizzard probably has wanted to for a while now. But like they've said in the past. They have none of the data of the old patches, so they've probably been trying to reconfigure all that and get it working smoothly.
    That's just impossible. How can you just throw your files. I think they just lie, otherwise they would be asked why u didn't brought this earlier. all their games and files are stored in some hd behind the closed door.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    As they said, it wasn't feasible for them to set up and run a whole other MMO on the side of current WoW. The breakthrough that came is them getting Vanilla to run on the new servers so it can piggy-back on what they already have.