Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Don't get me wrong, this is essentially just a shitpost with a hint of gloating. But it's because I remember all the hate that came towards us when nost shut down, being called thieves and scum for liking something and having no other alternative to play it. We just wanted to be left alone with our "stale" version of the game and when that came to an abrupt end we were ridiculed and talked down to. It's our turn now.
    True. The level of gloating after Nost got shut down was pure MMOC.

... who are you to tell me what is enjoyable and what is not? Who are you to tell all of us that love this version of the game?...
    The people who have actually played vanilla and don't buy into this optimistic bullshit. We know vanilla is bad. We know it is going to be a ghost town in less than 2 months. Be happy all you want but stop pretending that vanilla was any good. It was terrible compared to what came out after. I'm just looking forward to when the soul crushing disappointment rolls on in because Blizzard listened to their customers again. Last time that happened we had the shit storm that was Cata. I might go on salt free diet so I can binge on the tears 2 months after classic is released.

- - - Updated - - -

... thieves and scum for liking something and having no other alternative to play it...
    That's because you were fucking thieves. Having no other alternative is no excuse for you to become a criminal. What is wrong with you, thief?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna try it, Its gonna be different experience for sure.

I don't give a fuck about classic, but this thread is more than a little embarrassing to be honest with you.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    True. The level of gloating after Nost got shut down was pure MMOC.
    ya as if you Legacy guys didn't start all that toxic shit . ala Vanilla is the way to play any other version u stupid guys are playing is just dumbed down lfg shit blablabla and than that whole petition shit where u Legacy guys continued to bash Live players with * oh hey look we got mere 140k signs there is a huge demand live scrub go enjoy your live version which is for unsocial fags * thats how it all went down and now we are the bad guys just because we bash back? and i forsee that this won't stop because after u get your Classic server u will start demanding tbc server because Vanilla is getting boring and so on or you guys are being mad because it may very well not be 100% 1:1 the cicle will go on

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The people who have actually played vanilla and don't buy into this optimistic bullshit. We know vanilla is bad. We know it is going to be a ghost town in less than 2 months. Be happy all you want but stop pretending that vanilla was any good. It was terrible compared to what came out after. I'm just looking forward to when the soul crushing disappointment rolls on in because Blizzard listened to their customers again. Last time that happened we had the shit storm that was Cata. I might go on salt free diet so I can binge on the tears 2 months after classic is released.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because you were fucking thieves. Having no other alternative is no excuse for you to become a criminal. What is wrong with you, thief?
    Jesus buddy, don't get your panties in a twist. We won and that's all that matters. There is literally nothing you can do about it And that makes me and all my fellow thieves all warm and fuzzy inside. Tell ya what, Imma roll a rogue just cause you called me a thief. Seems fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I don't give a fuck about classic, but this thread is more than a little embarrassing to be honest with you.
    Sure you don't, that's why you're here. I'll take that order of winning with a side of embarrassment. It's embarrassing and cringey, stupid and childish. Throw whatever you see fit at me bud. Fact of the matter is we won. Lovin' all the hate directed at us right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    How cringey.
    Just to reiterate, this is our day of celebration. Being drunk with excitement and joy I can afford to be cringey and childish. You know why buddy? Cause we won
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 03:41 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How cringey.

The people who have actually played vanilla and don't buy into this optimistic bullshit. We know vanilla is bad.
    In your opinion yes. I think that fruit on pizza is the worst thing in the world but I don't go around shoving it in every face I see because I realize that tastes are very different from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Nostalrius is not a 1:1 recreation of the vanilla experience. You haven't a clue what you're talking about lmao
    I'll be sure to corpse camp you in STV. We both know you'll be there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    ya as if you Legacy guys
    I'm a Lich King kid. I'm sure you can get the level of idiocy in your assumptions even higher than "you don't bash X with as much autistic fervor as I do so you are X".

Vanilla is the way to play any other version u stupid guys are playing is just dumbed down lfg shit blablabla and than that whole petition shit where u Legacy guys continued to bash Live players with * oh hey look we got mere 140k signs there is a huge demand
    My Legion server has a lot less population than that. 140k people on one server can easily form a community.

and now we are the bad guys just because we bash back?
    You are. They were talking retarded shit but all they could do was talking. You kept whining to Bliz to end their "illegal activities" and very shortly after listening to you Blizz somehow ended up listening, very carefuly, to THEM, after telling them year after year it's never going to happen because they don't really want Vanilla servers, they just don't know it.

and i forsee that this won't stop because after u get your Classic server u will start demanding tbc server because Vanilla is getting boring and so on or you guys are being mad because it may very well not be 100% 1:1 the cicle will go on
    "You guys" also foresaw that legal Vanilla servers will never happen, that demon hunters will never happen and that many other things people kept begging for will never happen. I see your prophetic powers serve you every bit as well as they used to.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like it, but there's a long road towards that. The demand for classic was overwhelming and their decision is based on analytical and financial reasons, not emotional. They probably ended up concluding that making a classic version of the game is economically feasible. I hope that's the case for subsequent expansions, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    never hurts to hope. nostalrus won eventually and itll pave the way for other servers to ask for the same. adn they still have the server blades from subsequent expacs.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Jesus buddy, don't get your panties in a twist. We won and that's all that matters. There is literally nothing you can do about it And that makes me and all my fellow thieves all warm and fuzzy inside. Tell ya what, Imma roll a rogue just cause you called me a thief. Seems fitting.
    You think you won but I will be waiting for your tears. I wish the servers would be up tomorrow so I wouldn't have to wait as long for the salty satisfaction. Blizzard will have to rename the classic servers to World of Warcraft:Why did we fucking listen to you idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You think you won but I will be waiting for your tears. I wish the servers would be up tomorrow so I wouldn't have to wait as long for the salty satisfaction. Blizzard will have to rename the classic servers to World of Warcraft:Why did we fucking listen to you idiots.
    Ah you're the "you think you do but you don't" type of guy. I feel you, I feel you. Tell ya what - and you can hold me to it - I'll give you 3k $ in bitcoin when the servers go live. All you gotta do is upload a video to youtube with a party hat and horns. Maybe some clappers too. Who knows, I'll think of something. We can arrange escrow and everything, ain't jokin.

Sure you don't, that's why you're here.
    I'm here because I'm browsing active threads at the top of the forums, genius. And since you couldn't be assed to give your thread an actual fucking title, I had to open it to even see what it was about.

Fact of the matter is we won
    Grats. Don't care in the slightest. Fact of the matter is what you've won is utterly meaningless, and your gloating here makes it sound like you just won a Battlestar Galactica fan forum's unofficial trivia contest.

Embarrassing as fuck to read.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see how much they'll end up changing. If there's QOL changes like LFG, kinda ruins the point of the vanilla feel, no? I never played in vanilla, but I'm curious as to. Either way, I'm excited to experience it. I just hope it's close to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'll be sure to corpse camp you in STV. We both know you'll be there.
    How are you going to corpse camp me on a server I have no intention of playing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Lmao you admitted you didn't even play original vanilla. As someone who was a progression raider who got to experience some of Naxx before BC: Vanilla was terrible. A buggy, unstable crap hole where only a few specs of classes were viable.

The people who wanted this are by and large people like yourself, who grew disillusioned with WoW when it hit a rough patch and went back to an era you didn't experience.

YOU and your kind didn't play original vanilla and didn't go through all of the horrible server maintenances, bugs, and terrible class design.

Forgive me if I'm disgusted by the legacy server crowd. You're all cringe children.
    Just wait till people jump on and realize just how shit it really was and start complaining. It will be post after post of "nerf this, buff this, change this" even though that got what they asked for.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    As someone who has absolutely no desire to ever go through classic content again, this actually makes me kinda happy. Blizzard is basically building a containment server for all the classic/legacy/nostalrius fags, and all the crusty neckbeards constantly shitting on current WoW will be gone from the main game and the main forums.
    Stop being so upset that people are getting what they want. I love how all the people who want vanilla are all crusty neckbeards and the guys spamming Mythic + on retail are better than everyone else.

In three or four years when the servers go live and they fizzle out after a month somehow I doubt you'll come back to the thread to admit you were wrong.

Another A+ example of why the legacy crowd attracts so much negativity though. Good post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    As someone who has absolutely no desire to ever go through classic content again, this actually makes me kinda happy. Blizzard is basically building a containment server for all the classic/legacy/nostalrius fags, and all the crusty neckbeards constantly shitting on current WoW will be gone from the main game and the main forums. Should improve the "community" quite a bit.

At least for the 2 to 3 months it will be a thing before the entire thing dies down, and part of them comes back to the main game.
    They'll still be insufferable and go on nonstop about how superior Classic Wow is to anyone that will listen.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I remain doubtful a classic server will ever work out in the long term but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. If you think it's going to kill the regular wow servers though you're dreaming.
    Ily mmoc