Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    1. This only effect new night elves and forsaken who are leveling.
    2. You're pretty hung up on the idea of capitols, did you consider that pretty much no one uses Teldrassil or Undercity? Them being capitols has no real meaning.
    exactly. but its very predictable though, the horde controlling kalidmor, and the alliance eastern kingdoms. i'm sure the nightborne can take over the night elf lands there, it is also there's by right being also Suramar night elves themselves. And the Eastern Kingdom, well, there will be anathema if SIlvermoon is lost, although now that Suramar is horde, the horde won't mind as much, but Silvermoon still stands.

but as usual, the most interesting developments aren't actually told in game, but in a book. It appears legion was the one exception to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    For gameplay reasons, i doubt horde will lose UC and alliance will lose darnassus. Sounds to unlikely for blizzard.
    (I do hope so though, but chances are so low)
    I believe it’s quite possible that they will and will just put the time travel dragon there for people to go back to the old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    You are wrong, we are finally taking back Lordaeron, at a minor loss of a big silly tree.
    and this is why condensing warcraft such a big world to 2 factions is mind numbingly boring and silly, it just dumbs down everything, how much more compelling atale and an experiencecould be provided if we had 3 factions? or 4? or each race was its own faction?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I believe it’s quite possible that they will and will just put the time travel dragon there for people to go back to the old content.
    that would be even more ridiculous. Just phase the starting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    and this is why condensing warcraft such a big world to 2 factions is mind numbingly boring and silly, it just dumbs down everything, how much more compelling atale and an experiencecould be provided if we had 3 factions? or 4? or each race was its own faction?

- - - Updated - - -

They need to keep those old zones available because there are achievements and content tied up in them that people will still want to get even at max level. Everything related to Night Elf and Forsaken reputation, for example.
    I agree with you that the faction split is silly, btw. I am hoping that this being the “war expansion”means that we can be done with it once the expansion is over and stop being so petty

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because fighting Deathwingm, Orcs, and Demons has been oh so compelling.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    They talked about it during the deep dive panel. The Alliance DID NOT manage to take the city, but they did secure Gilneas and retreated there. This is the reason why the Warfront is in Arathi.

This probably means that while Teldrassil did burn, Darnassus stands. I'm sure there will be a Warfront in Northern Kalimdor.
    what I understood is that the alliance does manage to take undercity but in the counteroffensive the horde pushes them from the north (quel'thalas) and forces them to retreat to the south

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The way the game works they cant just up and change whole zones. If they changed the whole of Teld and UC to reflect the changes that would mean the leveling experience would go something like this:

The Horde/Alliance destroyed this great city! Oh you're done here, ok go back in time to before this happened for the rest of your questing.

This already happens when going from level 60 to TBC zones,lets not make it worse.
    If they are indeed re-configuring the continents, it is plausible that the Outland, Northrend, Pandaria ect continent will be irrelevant since you might be able to achieve all your leveling there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    You are wrong, we are finally taking back Lordaeron, at a minor loss of a big silly tree.
    This, just this. I would pay to get Gilneas + Lordaeron as new Alliance capitals.
    Also, who really goes to Darnassus those days (except RP players)

Quote Originally Posted by Dathed View Post
    This, just this. I would pay to get Gilneas + Lordaeron as new Alliance capitals.
    Also, who really goes to Darnassus those days (except RP players)
    I like to go back to teldrassil every now and again purely because it’s where I first started WoW back in 2005. It’s the first place I saw and it’s the reason I bought WoW, so it’s kind of sad in that sense. At least we’ll have Classic now though.

Deleted
    Basically Lordaeron/Undercity in Battle for Azeroth is a indefensible ruin, there is little left standing top side, and severe damage below, it's too far away from Quel'thalas (and probably behind enemy lines at the moment) or Kalimdor for the Horde to safely transport building materials, workers, and a large enough army to guard them that it doesn't make it worth to do it, the same goes for the Alliance, it's too far from the kingdoms in the south do it safely, that's why they seem to be focusing on Stromgarde and Gilneas, apparently attempting to push out in phases Stromgarde -> Gilneas -> Lordaeron? -> Alterac City?? -> Andorhal??? -> Stratholme????

So the thing is, the workers are probably engaged elsewhere at the moment, as are the armies, and reallocating them to rebuild Lordaeron/Undercity at the moment is a risk not worth taking, just because of the manpower required to do it safely.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reathyr View Post
    Basically Lordaeron/Undercity in Battle for Azeroth is a indefensible ruin, there is little left standing top side, and severe damage below, it's too far away from Quel'thalas (and probably behind enemy lines at the moment) or Kalimdor for the Horde to safely transport building materials, workers, and a large enough army to guard them that it doesn't make it worth to do it, the same goes for the Alliance, it's too far from the kingdoms in the south do it safely, that's why they seem to be focusing on Stromgarde and Gilneas, apparently attempting to push out in phases Stromgarde -> Gilneas -> Lordaeron? -> Alterac City?? -> Andorhal??? -> Stratholme????

So the thing is, the workers are probably engaged elsewhere at the moment, as are the armies, and reallocating them to rebuild Lordaeron/Undercity at the moment is a risk not worth taking, just because of the manpower required to do it safely.
    So Northern Kalimdor and the Plaguelands+Tirisfal become charnal houses of conflict. Neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well rip then, Westfall already got ruined by phasing, most of cataclysm zones are and alot of the new zones are. Well talking about ruining the zones even more.

- - - Updated - - -

1. It effects everyone who comes there. Since the zone isn't just 1 zone anymore and you won't see everyone in the area, since its being phased. (Due quests or due leveling, no matter how they do it)
    2. I am just saying, i never saw Blizzard do something this dramatic, i don't mind it though but yeah.

i still think phasing is the death of WoW. Especially Sharding.
    He is right though, those capitals are redundant and nobody is going to miss them. It also makes a good story for them to be lost or destroyed.

I would like Quel'lithien to be rebuilt as a Blood Elf fortress

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    I like to go back to teldrassil every now and again purely because it’s where I first started WoW back in 2005. It’s the first place I saw and it’s the reason I bought WoW, so it’s kind of sad in that sense. At least we’ll have Classic now though.
    I think i share some of your feelings. My first character was a Worgen, starting the game at that beautiful Victorian Era city was amazing, then after finishing the starting zone and being sent tho some ancient tree without my favorite aesthethics was really lame to me.

It is an awful idea to take away the most divine and fun starting zones for undead. Besides, neither undead nor nelfs have any presence in respectively Kalimdor and EK, so it would be extremely strange to just remove almost all their presence in Azeroth completely (not including Northrend). I personally would love highly needed new and reworked capital for both nelf and undead.

This! Blizzard wouldn't take away all the nostalgia from nelf and undead players, would they? I don't think vanilla servers is a good enough excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    He is right though, those capitals are redundant and nobody is going to miss them. It also makes a good story for them to be lost or destroyed.
    Role players, not important?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    They talked about it during the deep dive panel. The Alliance DID NOT manage to take the city, but they did secure Gilneas and retreated there. This is the reason why the Warfront is in Arathi.

This probably means that while Teldrassil did burn, Darnassus stands. I'm sure there will be a Warfront in Northern Kalimdor.
    I'm assuming the Forsaken megablighted Lordaeron?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post
    It is an awful idea to take away the most divine and fun starting zones for undead. Besides, neither undead nor nelfs have any presence in respectively Kalimdor and EK, so it would be extremely strange to just remove almost all their presence in Azeroth completely (not including Northrend). I personally would love highly needed new and reworked capital for both nelf and undead.

This! Blizzard wouldn't take away all the nostalgia from nelf and undead players, would they? I don't think vanilla servers is a good enough excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

If it’s just for one expansion then I’d be cool with it. Teldrassil isn’t completely turned to ash so I’m sure the Druids would aid in regrowing it. Maybe the expansion after this we’ll get a proper update of Azeroth, and at least then Teldrassil will look like a damn tree and not a stump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastnar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse but the world changes and so should role players stories . You must also remember vanilla is making a return so fellow role players can lick their lips at the thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Ofcourse but the world changes and so should role players stories . You must also remember vanilla is making a return so fellow role players can lick their lips at the thought of that.
    Not all role players are vanilla lickers you know. And I agree that role players should adapt to the story, but if nelfs and undead lose their zones, there is no place for role players to be that race their own racial environment. I'm sure Blizzard is planning something though, it would be way too drastic to remove every proof of their existence in order distribute one continent to each faction.

- - - Updated - - -

If it’s just for one expansion then I’d be cool with it. Teldrassil isn’t completely turned to ash so I’m sure the Druids would aid in regrowing it. Maybe the expansion after this we’ll get a proper update of Azeroth, and at least then Teldrassil will look like a damn tree and not a stump.
    I'm fine with that, both capitols are in need of a revamp. Maybe they even do it in a future patch of this expansion, or is that too hopeful?

Deleted
    No i am saying, they need to start Undead and Elfs at a new zone. (Example Undead start at the blood elf starting zone now and the elfs start at the Gilneas starting zone) as example. Or give them a complete new leveling zone.

It's weird 1 moment the city is there and the other second its completely gone. (And the still biggest annoyance is that high end players cant see new players at the starting zone anymore because phasing.

I just dislike the whole idea of phasing. We're all on the same server and we should all see eachother of the server.
    I agree with this. I'd love for WoW to become a live game, where plot development has a lasting effect on a persistent world. Didn't play before Theramore was nuked? Welp, you'll only ever hear about it. Phasing should only be used temporarily for certain quests, not to divide the playerbase between different timelines.

As for Battle for Azeroth, they should take this opportunity to revamp the BC zones and bring them into the rest of Azeroth proper (no load screens). Rebuild the ruins of Silvermoon and make it the Horde's main base of operations in the EK. Re-home the Forsaken in Deatholme. In Kalimdor, lets have the Exodar repaired, hovering over Azuremyst isle (accessible), with a huge Alliance force gathered underneath. The full might of the Kal'dorei fleet escaped in-tact, and is anchored at Bloodmyst Isle.