Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why does Alexstrasza wear pants?

There's years upon years of official artwork featuring Alexstrasza without pants. I'm not against Alexstrasza wearing pants but it seems like an odd design choice. Alexstrasza's model in WotLK was a modified version of Sylvanas' model but for some reason they decided to make her skip pants and wear a translucent cloak. I'm assuming that was an intentional design choice rather than miscommunication or a bug when copypasting Sylvanas' model.

I'm also assuming Blizzard made Alexstrasza look like Sylvanas in WotLK because of resource / time constraints. Now they have the opportunity to redesign her and give her some unique armor. It's not like anyone will care anyways since the last time she played a major part in WoW was years ago and I doubt anyone really remembers / cares what her model looks like. Why then instead of giving her a completely new look they decide to just give her pants? They obviously had a redesign in mind when they gave her pants otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. If they wanted to redesign her, why did they make her armor look more similar to Sylvanas' armor instead of making it more distinct? Is it a fashion statement in Azeroth?

Because there really is no reason for her to wander around in a thong and fuck-me boots other than fan-service.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

mmm why wouldnt she?

the 'cloths' she wears are made out of magic i'm sure she probably changes it every few centuries

also other people like Jaina and Genn greymane have a model very different from any of their game models

also lets not forget that giving her a a Thong was a bad idea in the first place and i'm sure the only reason they havent fixed that terribl eterrible decision is cus there isnt much reason for it, their models arent used that much
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I always assumed that the Dragon Aspects (male and female) wore as little as possible in their humanoid forms because they felt uncomfortable wearing clothes in general, since they are obviously naked when in their natural, Dragon state. Meanwhile, dragons that spend more time in humanoid form and around other humanoids (Chromie, Kalec, Alexstrasza's consort whose name escapes me) eventually get more used to the idea. Perhaps she's likewise been spending enough time around humanoids lately that she's a bit more comfortable with wearing more.

And perhaps someone finally told her that walking around pants-less can sometimes fluster the other humanoids (certain males, especially).
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I remember Chris Metzen once talking about some regret around Alexstrasza wearing a bikini, packaged as an anecdote with his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    There's years upon years of official artwork featuring Alexstrasza without pants. I'm not against Alexstrasza wearing pants but it seems like an odd design choice. Alexstrasza's model in WotLK was a modified version of Sylvanas' model but for some reason they decided to make her skip pants and wear a translucent cloak. I'm assuming that was an intentional design choice rather than miscommunication or a bug when copypasting Sylvanas' model.

I'm also assuming Blizzard made Alexstrasza look like Sylvanas in WotLK because of resource / time constraints. Now they have the opportunity to redesign her and give her some unique armor. It's not like anyone will care anyways since the last time she played a major part in WoW was years ago and I doubt anyone really remembers / cares what her model looks like. Why then instead of giving her a completely new look they decide to just give her pants? They obviously had a redesign in mind when they gave her pants otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. If they wanted to redesign her, why did they make her armor look more similar to Sylvanas' armor instead of making it more distinct? Is it a fashion statement in Azeroth?
    Because sjw cant deal witha bit of female skin but they are ok with tychus in a thong or rexxar armor

sjw censorship and feminist double standard,tychus is ok in a thong,rexxar is fine with no armor but how you dare to show alexstrasza skin

Quote Originally Posted by lamasu93 View Post
    sjw censorship and feminist double standard,tychus is ok in a thong,rexxar is fine with no armor but how you dare to show alexstrasza skin
    Surprisingly accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would just ignore things like this...but the moment they added speedo bulge Tychus into the game they made it obvious things are kinda one sided here.

*eyeroll* not this rubbish again. you type like a certain someone who was banned in the rant topic about Tychus. It's a joke skin tychus got for a summer beach event. The rest of the time except for his shirtless prison outfit, he's in full exoskeletal armor where you can only see his face...

Your "argument" falls flat given that Kerrigan has 3 different succubus outfits each with its own bikini type, evil Auriel has a corset pushing her bust out and we have cowgirl Valla with her shirt tied into a bikini top.

Rexxar is a wilderman-themed half orc/ogre. Neither of them are really known for large amounts of armor due to the berserker/brute culture. Plus he has skins which cover him up more too. Rehgar is shirtless too.

He's based on the original wc3 Shaman and he's an Orc.

These points are really reaching
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-11-04 at 05:16 PM.

You know we achieved world peace when we need to argue the question "Why is this character wearing pants?"

Because needless fanservice is a pathetic way to pander a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Because there really is no reason for her to wander around in a thong and fuck-me boots other than fan-service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Because needless fanservice is a pathetic way to pander a character.
    Pretty much this. It’s still one of the most jarring designs Warcraft has ever had. I’m glad they altered it.
    Last edited by Captain Kennedy; 2017-11-04 at 05:21 PM.

yeah how they dare to make fanservice some people like,but when people critisice sjw trans shit is wrong right?

What double standard? Rexxar is dressed pretty much exactly like Sonya. We don't have a female bikini skin (yet, let's be real here) but plenty of skins like Love Goddess Tyrande or even Hallow's End Valeera are somewhat sexualized. Like, why does her ass just hang out like that? If that's not "fan service", I don't know what is.

Besides all that, she still walks into battle in a bikini, just like Sylvanas.

Times changed and the steel bikini was something they specifically regretted doing to Alexstrasza.

Winter is coming, thats why.

She looks like a cross between Peg Bundy and Rita Repulsa, so if anything she needs a bit more cover.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

What is there to even look at with the in-game view being positioned how it is? Tiny area of pixels being skin-colored instead of fabric-colored? Unless you actually want to spend time ogling at the characters in the selection-screen...?

10+ Year Old Account
    People SJW this SJW that, care to explain some li-ming skins if they really are all about that SJW "thing"?

Oh wait you cannot.