Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    How are you going to corpse camp me on a server I have no intention of playing on?
    Like I said, we both know you'll be there.

This is the most cringy and sad post I've ever seen.

Currently not playing retail except my weekly mythic + 10 runs. 700 days played on retail so this is a very welcomed change, probably going to be spending alot of my free time on Vanilla. Hopefully they don't fuck it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I'm here because I'm browsing active threads at the top of the forums, genius. And since you couldn't be assed to give your thread an actual fucking title, I had to open it to even see what it was about.

Grats. Don't care in the slightest. Fact of the matter is what you've won is utterly meaningless, and your gloating here makes it sound like you just won a Battlestar Galactica fan forum's unofficial trivia contest.

Embarrassing as fuck to read.
    You know what, I'm happy about the announcement AND feeling generous. I made an offer to munkeyinorbit, which he sadly didn't reply to (still hoping he does). I'll even up the ante. I'll give you 3.5k$ in bitcoin if you do what I asked him to do (when the servers go live, he has to make a video with a party hat and horns). The only extra thing I want of you is to also be dressed like a clown, make-up and all that. As I said, we can arrange escrow. How's it sound buddy? You wanna make a quick buck? One of the admins here can be the escrow if they agree on it.

//just so we're clear, I'm not gonna give money to the both of you. Whoever accepts first gets the job
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    1 year ago I was making this post
    "Blizzard will kneel eventually." - And was it any surprise, with demands like that, that you were met with such resistance? You're not Blizzard's boss, you don't get to "demand" anything. That only shows childish self-entitlement from your part. You made it sound like Blizzard is the "enemy you have to beat", instead of the "friend you need to convince".

"We were called "scum" and "thieves"" - Well, you deal with stolen property, so being called a 'thief' is appropriate.

You know what, I'm happy about the announcement AND feeling generous. I made an offer to munkeyinorbit, which he sadly didn't reply to (still hoping he does). I'll even up the ante. I'll give you 3.5k$ in bitcoin if you do what I asked him to do (when the servers go live, he has to make a video with a party hat and horns). The only extra thing I want of you is to also be dressed like a clown, make-up and all that. As I said, we can arrange escrow. How's it sound buddy? You wanna make a quick buck? One of the admins here can be the escrow if they agree on it.
    Well, that's non sequitur.

I'm starting to suspect there's something actually wrong with you. I'm gonna go back to being unaware of your existence now, if you don't mind.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I don't think I've ever seen anything that so appropriately sums up the neckbeard autism that this game attracts.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Blizzard will kneel eventually." - And was it any surprise, with demands like that, that you were met with such resistance? You're not Blizzard's boss, you don't get to "demand" anything. That only shows childish self-entitlement from your part. You made it sound like Blizzard is the "enemy you have to beat", instead of the "friend you need to convince".

"We were called "scum" and "thieves"" - Well, you deal with stolen property, so being called a 'thief' is appropriate.
    I disagree. At that point, I felt that blizzard was heading down a path I no longer supported and wasn't the same company whose games I enjoyed in the early 2000s. Be that as it may, the tipping point was the closure of nost. A server running a version of the game that did not exist anymore. It was basically a shareware of the mmo world. That version of the game was so radically different from, at the time, current version of wow that the target audience for it was completely different and was not affecting the amount of money blizzard made. Kinda like, you know, it's been proven that piracy has no effect on game sales because those people wouldn't be buying the products anyways. And don't act as if we were highway robbers. All we did, due to lack of options, was play a game that we loved and longer existed officially.

You fail to realize that there tons of servers out there packed. You fail to realize that vanilla was not all about raids and progression. I played for a WHOLE year without even going into raiding too much. The only raid I'd ever done was Zul'Aman. I spent days on end doing wpvp. Farming stuff. This is what I enjoy.
    Zul'Aman the BC raid? So you didn't spend all your time farming plants in Felwood for the buffs, or gathering fire/frost/nature resist gear, or anything like that? Poor misguided creature. Vanilla was nothing but raids and progression.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    I actually played this game in vanilla, since release actually. Servers will be a ghost town within a year unless they offer account bound achievements and other rewards like mounts, pets, and toys on wow proper for doing things in classic. Maybe even seasons akin to diablo/poe.
    I, too can predict the future. Just like you guys predicted they would never do this. Oh, wait.

I disagree. At that point, I felt that blizzard was heading down a path I no longer supported and wasn't the same company whose games I enjoyed in the early 2000s. Be that as it may, the tipping point was the closure of nost. A server running a version of the game that did not exist anymore. It was basically a shareware of the mmo world. That version of the game was so radically different from, at the time, current version of wow that the target audience for it was completely different and was not affecting the amount of money blizzard made. Kinda like, you know, it's been proven that piracy has no effect on game sales because those people wouldn't be buying the products anyways. And don't act as if we were highway robbers. All we did, due to lack of options, was play a game that we loved and longer existed officially.
    Making excuses for your thievery doesn't make it okay.

I write for fun and trying to do it for a living. If someone were to steal my stuff simply and solely because I didn't want to sell it to them, I'd be completely infuriated.

If there were any justice in the world, Blizzard would permanently ban anyone admitting to pirating their intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Zul'Aman the BC raid? So you didn't spend all your time farming plants in Felwood for the buffs, or gathering fire/frost/nature resist gear, or anything like that? Poor misguided creature. Vanilla was nothing but raids and progression.
    I meant zul'gurub, memory fails this poor misguided creature at times. That was what it meant for you. For me it was gank squads and corpse camping allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen anything that so appropriately sums up the neckbeard autism that this game attracts.
    Thing is I'm a grown man with no frustrations. I have more than I ever wanted irl. Very rare occasions - this would be one of them - bring out the nerd in me. What can I say, I've never been this excited about a game before. Vanilla was the perfect gaming experience for me. I haven't played a game since nost got taken down. No game whatsoever, because I spent my time making money and for me that was a type of game. Now I get to let that oppressed neckbeard out got no problem with receiving hate for it.

Making excuses for your thievery doesn't make it okay.

I write for fun and trying to do it for a living. If someone were to steal my stuff simply and solely because I didn't want to sell it to them, I'd be completely infuriated.

If there were any justice in the world, Blizzard would permanently ban anyone admitting to pirating their intellectual property.
    If there were any justice, rapists and child molesters would be gone. If there were any justice, people wouldn't get killed for their shoes in places like Venezuela or Syria. What a comfortable, disgusting attitude you have living in your bubble.
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 05:11 PM.

Doesn't matter, my dude. I'll admit to being a little over the top and cringey, but hey, I'm happy couldn't care less whether I'm cringey or not. I'm a grown ass man that's all giddy and happy like a 13yo on christmas morning.
    I'm totally with you. Watching all the butthurt naysayers make thread after thread here and on the official forums just makes me giddy. Can't be brought down by trolls after this news.

I meant zul'gurub, memory fails this poor misguided creature at times. That was what it meant for you. For me it was gank squads and corpse camping allies.

Thing is I'm a grown man with no frustrations. I have more than I ever wanted irl. Very rare occasions - this would be one of them - bring out the nerd in me. What can I say, I've never been this excited about a game before. Vanilla was the perfect gaming experience for me. I haven't played a game since nost got taken down. No game whatsoever, because I spent my time making money and for me that was a type of game. Now I get to let that oppressed neckbeard out got no problem with receiving hate for it.

If there was any justice, rapists and child molesters would be gone. If there were any justice, people wouldn't get killed for their shoes in places like Vevenuzela or Syria. What a comfortable, disgusting attitude you have living in your bubble.
    I'm sorry, I'm finding it very hard to give a fuck what a fucking thief thinks of me.

Deleted
    Oh, Legion, my man. You're still on your self-congratulatory hate-wank spree, I see. Thank you for the PMs.

Just for the benefit of other people in this thread, let me rephrase what is happening here:

- Blizzard said they're "working on" WoW Classic
    - they're not giving any more details and notably avoiding the subject in interviews when asked (and people DO ask)
    - which means we'll be getting something... but no idea when and what
    - you haven't actually played vanilla (this is news to me... and funny tbh)
    - so not only you don't (yet) know how similar will Classic be to original WoW, you can't know it, even after release
    - but you think there's some major victory being had here and you decided it's your victory for some reason
    - so you went on a premature gloating spree

And you wonder why people even otherwise lukewarm or mildly interested in legacy WoW servers, or at least not opposed to the idea (provided they don't detract from the main game) don't support you. You paint a rather big target on your back by behaving like a raging 10 year old.

I'm sorry, I'm finding it very hard to give a fuck what a fucking thief thinks of me.
    You guys make a compelling argument about the thief. So much so that I'm definitely gonna roll a rogue when the game comes out. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Oh, Legion, my man. You're still on your self-congratulatory hate-wank spree, I see. Thank you for the PMs.

Just for the benefit of other people in this thread, let me rephrase what is happening here:

- Blizzard said they're "working on" WoW Classic
    - they're not giving any more details and notably avoiding the subject in interviews when asked (and people DO ask)
    - which means we'll be getting something... but no idea when and what
    - you haven't actually played vanilla (this is news to me... and funny tbh)
    - so not only you don't (yet) know how similar will Classic be to original WoW, you can't know it, even after release
    - but you think there's some major victory being had here and you decided it's your victory for some reason
    - so you went on a premature gloating spree

And you wonder why people even otherwise lukewarm or mildly interested in legacy WoW servers, or at least not opposed to the idea (provided they don't detract from the main game) don't support you. You paint a rather big target on your back by behaving like a raging 10 year old.
    Dude, this our day. I'm happy and acting out, I know. Might've gone a little over the top, sorry 'bout that. I was a dick in the pm. I'll be a 10 yo just for a little while longer.
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 05:18 PM.

I disagree. At that point, I felt that blizzard was heading down a path I no longer supported and wasn't the same company whose games I enjoyed in the early 2000s.
    Still doesn't excuse the hostile and borderline threatening tone of your post.

It was basically a shareware of the mmo world.
    It wasn't. It's not. It likely never will be. You're just making excuse and trying to rationalize what is blatant criminal behavior.

That version of the game was so radically different from, at the time, current version of wow that the target audience for it was completely different and was not affecting the amount of money blizzard made.
    The court cases Blizzard won where they argued it was affecting their bottom line says otherwise. And you have no way of knowing that for sure, since I doubt you work as Blizzard's accounting.

Kinda like, you know, it's been proven that piracy has no effect on game sales because those people wouldn't be buying the products anyways.
    It's been "proven"? When? Where?

And don't act as if we were highway robbers.
    Still criminal behavior. A guy who steals a woman's purse is no less of a criminal than the guy who robs a bank.

All we did, due to lack of options...
    ... Was resort to criminal activities to get what you wanted. I know.

To be fair, you need to have a high IQ to play Vanilla.

I don't get the point of bragging about something hundreds of people have said before. I honestly think it is cool they are doing it, but seriously question the longevity of it. I would want to know if they are gonna put any post release development into it, or drop it and leave it. Maybe it'll end up like Diablo and we get something new every 8-10 years.

Either way, you come off as a child the entire thread. You honestly sound like you came from /r/incels.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are any number of threads over in our new forum for Classic World of Warcraft that are discussing their reaction to this, including many taking victory laps.

Instead of adding to the pile by unnecessarily moving this one over there this will be closed. Please check out the new forum.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."