Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People like you are the reason the faction war never gets interesting results.

Also, the alliance did get Lordaeron AND Gilneas, whereas Kezan is a dungeon now. GG WP alliance favoritism

Oh wait, the horde got a continent with new architecture whereas Kul Tiras is "recycled" Gilnean architecture. GG horde favoritism

How about we appreciate the story however it comes, since we can sort of appreciate it from an omnipresent perspective and we are NOT actual members of either faction, we are earthlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Say goodbye to Undercity.
    Nice comeback.

I am much more interested in how they would technically do that. Obivously it will be high level phased, I cannot imagine they would really redo all low level content (NE starting zone, UD starting zone, all quests in those cities, etc).
    But while Darnassus is relatively easy to replace (hardly any world events are there, you could even have a refugee camp down at the docks so the ship connections would still be working or mage portals could lead there), UC is a integral gameplay part. The heirloom vendor is there, several world events have their main spot there, and there is the zeppelin tower to unique locations. It makes me really wonder if they went through all that hussle to move all those things, or if UC simply is not invaded but there are barricades all around it so it looks like it is constantly under attack but it is still fully accessible as horde city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am much more interested in how they would technically do that. Obivously it will be high level phased, I cannot imagine they would really redo all low level content (NE starting zone, UD starting zone, all quests in those cities, etc).
    But while Darnassus is relatively easy to replace (hardly any world events are there, you could even have a refugee camp down at the docks so the ship connections would still be working or mage portals could lead there), UC is a integral gameplay part. The heirloom vendor is there, several world events have their main spot there, and there is the zeppelin tower to unique locations. It makes me really wonder if they went through all that hussle to move all those things, or if UC simply is not invaded but there are barricades all around it so it looks like it is constantly under attack but it is still fully accessible as horde city.
    If Teldrassil burns don't count on it. They can just move all those assets to a new capital. Kezan is revisited, and Gilneas may have a part now that Kul Tiras is a major player.

They said the cities would remain intact for lowbies. Remember we also have Chromie and Bronze dragons to rewind time like in Silithus.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the cinematic, Sylvanas clearly states that the alliance vs the burning legion was broken by the Alliance.

If you didn't want to see Teldeassil being coal-like, you shoulnd't have broken the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m more inclined to agree with this guy.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post47867834

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burn baby burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Holy shit, I just realized that the Light and Shadow do the same thing, bring people back from the dead.

Shouldn't we be just as terrified of the Light as we are of the Forsaken?
    There is a giant difference between those two. One, you don't have your rotting corpse and potential insane mind the other, you are revitalized and strong with your meat intact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    There is a giant difference between those two. One, you don't have your rotting corpse and potential insane mind the other, you are revitalized and strong with your meat intact.
    Isn't that just semantics?

Both do the same and break a law which should never be broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Honestly the pictures of Teldrassil burning before/after make me think it was a reaction to the Alliance taking her home. The way that Sylvanas is still standing there after everyone else left (other than the dying elf), even Nathanos, tells me she was taking it in.
    That and the cinematic appears as though Sylvannas was surprised by the seige in Lordaeron. You don't burn a city to the ground and then be shocked the enemy has retaliated, least of all Sylvannas. No it looks like revenge, she just took it up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Though, to be fair.. we haven't seen Jaina's mom yet. Maybe it was worth the trade?

Not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Welcome to the club for not being able to deal with a bit of faction favoritism! ^_^
    I'm sorry?

The Burning of Teldrassil...
    I hope they'll let us, the horde players, join this party.

Oh no! The beautiful tree from Vanilla days is being burnt down?! Why would Blizzard burn down Teldr-

Oh, right. Because it's a relic from 2001 world design and looks disgusting.

Deleted
    Horde loses undercity

Also why does it have to mirror everything?
    I'm fine if Alliance destroys undercity but we get revenge later not mirror everything at the same time.It's so obvious and boring but it's alright for now.

Deleted
    The Alliance is pretty much turning Lordaeron into Dresden, so I kinda think the OP's point is rather moot. Two very important cities to the both factions (which incidentally are hardly used in game, but that is beside the point).

They also seem to hint that these two events are happening at the same time, or at least very close together.

But the faction bias has been and always will be totally subjective depending on the player. You could argue the case of individual faction bias (Orcs taking more of a president over Undead etc, but even then it will be a pretty flimsy argument)

Deleted
    Tbh at this point i just hope Tyrande will finally come to her senses and play an active role in this war. She's been on passive for way too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    That and the cinematic appears as though Sylvannas was surprised by the seige in Lordaeron. You don't burn a city to the ground and then be shocked the enemy has retaliated, least of all Sylvannas. No it looks like revenge, she just took it up a notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm inclined to think that the Alliance stareted this conflict as well after listening to what Sylvanas is saying at the start.
    Tbh neither the attack on UC or the burning of Teldrassil seem like something either side would do out of the blue. Regardless which happened first, there had to be something that happened before both to start all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Say goodbye to Undercity.
    Excuse me, to what?

Oh, that ghost town I visited once in the past year to get a DK quest done?

I'm hurt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post

Not worth it.
    mama proudmoore should let her hair down.

Formerly known as Arafal