Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topmaymay View Post
    Insider info: Nov 28 for normal/heroic and Dec 5 for mythic.
    Oh yeah? link me to the source!

Quote Originally Posted by Nugo View Post
    100% has to be 7.3.5 on the 14th with the raid on the 21st. It would make sense sticking to there 77 day schedule. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint also. Announcing new Xpac, while hype is real give something for returning players to be engaged in. I get that its over some holiday weekends but it has never stopped them in the past.

7.3.2 is out, 8.0 is on the background down loader for PTR, every indication is there for them to release on the 14th. Nothing is certain of course but if i was placing bets it would be the 14th.
    We won't see 7.3.5 for awhile, they have to PTR it first (as mentioned in the WoW: What's Next panel). 8.0 is NOT on the background downloader, it just briefly showed up to prep for the BlizzCon demo.

IIRC, Antorus is already in the game, as part of 7.3. It's just not unlocked yet.

They better get it out soon, or they're going to start losing people. Tomb just doesn't have staying power, it's to big of a pain in the ass even this far down the line, to many things that if you fuck up once its a wipe regardless.

We've got people already talking about taking a break because they're sick of tomb, first raid I've seen people do this, these are the same people who stuck with 14 months of HFC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They better get it out soon, or they're going to start losing people. Tomb just doesn't have staying power, it's to big of a pain in the ass even this far down the line, to many things that if you fuck up once its a wipe regardless.

We've got people already talking about taking a break because they're sick of tomb, first raid I've seen people do this, these are the same people who stuck with 14 months of HFC.
    Exactly.
    I am raidding HC ToS for 2 months and have enough of it. I really hope Antorus will be out soon or I will go crazy... It is pitty bcs Raiding and dungeons are the main part why I play WoW but this ToS is getting on my nerves so much. I really starting to hate this raid every time I am there more and more...

Deleted

To be honest, if they push antorus soon that means the raid will last at least 10 months (new exp is probably out next sept), and that would be the 3rd final raid in a row to last between 10 and 14 months (SOO and HFC). If some are tired of TOS now after 4 months imagine the same people after 7 months of antorus. If they play the "lets lose the least subs" card, it has a much more sense to delay antorus now, since people now are less likely to unsub (they have to farm artifacts to 75 and probably renowed the sub knowing new raid was coming) than in 7 months when antorus will be old and there will be exactly nothing else to do till the new expansion, at that point the people tired now of TOS will definately unsub.
    I still think antorus will come this month (probably the 28), but from a marketing point of view would make more sense to delay it to jan (and throw in some real nerfs in the meanwhile).
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-11-04 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    To be honest, if they push antorus soon that means the raid will last at least 10 months (new exp is probably out next sept), and that would be the 3rd final raid in a row to last between 10 and 14 months (SOO and HFC). If they play the "lets lose the least subs" card, it has a much more sense to delay antorus now, since people now are less likely to unsub (they'll farm artifacts to 75 and probably renowed the sub knowing new raid was coming) than in 7 months when antorus will be old and there will be exactly nothing else to do till the new expansion.
    I still think antorus will come this month (probably the 28), but from a marketing point of view would make more sense to delay it to jan (and throw in some real nerfs in the meanwhile).
    If Antorus is good it'll hold onto those people, Tomb just drains you. Like I said, they're losing people who stuck out FOURTEEN MONTHS of HFC

Another reason to delay Antorus a little is the disappointing completion numbers on ToS.
    Give people a bit longer to progress. Assuming their internal numbers are still showing a steady progress being made by guilds.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    If Antorus is good it'll hold onto those people, Tomb just drains you. Like I said, they're losing people who stuck out FOURTEEN MONTHS of HFC
    Dude, ive been there as well, im 9/9mythic now Im telling you no way in hell TOS 4 months is worse than 14 months of HFC. After so many months no matter what raid you got, it gets boring. And thats coming from me and i had 6 full 13/13mythic chars back in HFC, i can only imagine how boring it was for people doing just normal or hc.

But the point remains, they would lose less subs if they delayed antorus now, because its much easier to unsub AFTER antorus when you got nothing really to do period, than now when after all you can farm to 75 and still progress some in TOS for those that arent done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Another reason to delay Antorus a little is the disappointing completion numbers on ToS.
    Give people a bit longer to progress. Assuming their internal numbers are still showing a steady progress being made by guilds.
    I expect an announcement to be made next week or the week after together with a final set of nerfs to the last part of ToS and that Antorus will follow either last week of nov or first week of december. Since they said Antorus won't be tuned as hard as ToS was initially aswell even if it's first week of December the 'super hardcore' crowd should still be done in time to be able to take Christmas and New Years off.

Dude, ive been there as well, im 9/9mythic now Im telling you no way in hell TOS 4 months is worse than 14 months of HFC. After so many months no matter what raid you got, it gets boring. And thats coming from me and i had 6 full 13/13mythic chars back in HFC, i can only imagine how boring it was for people doing just normal or hc.

But the point remains, they would lose less subs if they delayed antorus now, because its much easier to unsub AFTER antorus when you got nothing really to do period, than now when after all you can farm to 75 and still progress some in TOS for those that arent done.
    Antorus won't be 14 months, so it has that going for it and you really underestimate how much expansion hype can carry the end of an expansion. Right now we're in such a lull because its only raid tier 2 of a 3 tier expansion, people aren't seeing an end to the expansion and getting into the last tier helps with that. Legions on the way out then, they get the rest of the story, they have the hype for the next expansion.

Right now it's in such a lull they're going to lose at least as many people if they don't at least ANNOUNCE Antorus. Honestly that's the only thing that worries me, they haven't even SAID anything, just an offhand remark before BfA announcment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh I think a lot of people have given up trying. ToS is just a boring raid.
    Tomb killed a lot of guilds before they even got through it, some are still trying, but if they're not killing KJ now most aren't going to be killing KJ when Antorus releases, there will be new kills sure, but few and far between.

Antorus won't be 14 months, so it has that going for it and you really underestimate how much expansion hype can carry the end of an expansion. Right now we're in such a lull because its only raid tier 2 of a 3 tier expansion, people aren't seeing an end to the expansion and getting into the last tier helps with that. Legions on the way out then, they get the rest of the story, they have the hype for the next expansion.

Right now it's in such a lull they're going to lose at least as many people if they don't at least ANNOUNCE Antorus. Honestly that's the only thing that worries me, they haven't even SAID anything, just an offhand remark before BfA announcment.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomb killed a lot of guilds before they even got through it, some are still trying, but if they're not killing KJ now most aren't going to be killing KJ when Antorus releases, there will be new kills sure, but few and far between.
    4 weeks ago there were 168 M-KJ kills, we're at 428 now. I wouldn't call them few or far between. Another 520 guilds are progressing on KJ having killed FA.
    800 are on FA.
    Another month of ToS can very much double, if not more, the number of KJ kills.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Blizzard, like 99% of the WoW community, does not care at all about the mythic world first race and they certainly don't set launch windows around the constraints of Method and Exorsus.
    Who at Blizz communicated that they do not care about WF? Other than your own agenda, what gives you this idea? Blizz certainly recognizes that they have other customers to satisfy, but they have always celebrated and recognized WF.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Who at Blizz communicated that they do not care about WF? Other than your own agenda, what gives you this idea? Blizz certainly recognizes that they have other customers to satisfy, but they have always celebrated and recognized WF.
    Ok, think. How many guilds can ACTUALLY race to wf? 5, if that many. Total of what? 150 customers top.

150 customers out of millions is just shit, period. They recognize WF of course (and the race helps them since they can get a better grasp on tuning for everyone else) but its pretty obvious that they dont give a flying fuck about wf, they sure dont plan things around the needs of 150 people. If those 150 like the things the way they are, fine, else, the door is right there, get the fuck out, and someone else will run to WF for you.

The people caring for WF is A LOT exaggerated by some people, just see numbers of streams or videos released by methods, they are pathetic if you compare them to anything else with a decent audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by topmaymay View Post
    Insider info: Nov 28 for normal/heroic and Dec 5 for mythic.
    I'd honestly rather wait until the new year in that case, I can't raid drunk and that's what christmas is for

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    4 weeks ago there were 168 M-KJ kills, we're at 428 now. I wouldn't call them few or far between. Another 520 guilds are progressing on KJ having killed FA.
    800 are on FA.
    Another month of ToS can very much double, if not more, the number of KJ kills.
    It is vastly more likely half of those guilds stuck on FA and KJ will just fold since no one actually enjoys those fights. I am now 250+ wipes in on FA and to me that means that I (and or my guild) aren't good enough to kill it.
    Since the fights are terribly designed, they can't really find a way to nerf them so the people not good enough to kill them now could kill them later.

Looking at this, I sincerely doubt the kills will increase with time much. Although I think the bigger problem is that these fights just destroy fun. The fact class stacking and WA (or dedicated boss addons) are needed raidwide for this raid means they have gone too far.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, think. How many guilds can ACTUALLY race to wf? 5, if that many. Total of what? 150 customers top.

150 customers out of millions is just shit, period. They recognize WF of course (and the race helps them since they can get a better grasp on tuning for everyone else) but its pretty obvious that they dont give a flying fuck about wf, they sure dont plan things around the needs of 150 people. If those 150 like the things the way they are, fine, else, the door is right there, get the fuck out, and someone else will run to WF for you.

The people caring for WF is A LOT exaggerated by some people, just see numbers of streams or videos released by methods, they are pathetic if you compare them to anything else with a decent audience.
    Except many more customers enjoy the WF race, even if they are not in it. There are public sharings from Blizz congratulating WF, and none from them saying they don't care. So I think it's silly to say they don't.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Blizzard cares enough about the WF race to mention it during the 5 seconds they spend on Antorus.
    The number directly competing is tiny but the narrative around it is a lot bigger and generates interest and hype.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Except many more customers enjoy the WF race, even if they are not in it. There are public sharings from Blizz congratulating WF, and none from them saying they don't care. So I think it's silly to say they don't.
    I think numbers dont lie and thats what matters.
    Method's KJ kill youtube video has 350k views after 3 months and had less than 50k after a week. To me, 50k is really low, when you consider how many players WOW has overall. We dont know how many players wow has now but if we consider 4mil, 50k means that only 1.25% of the userbase even cared to watch the kill (and its probably less since a lot of people watched it several times and every one of that adds up) when the WF ended.

Some chinese guilds did stream their progress thru TOS not that far behind from method and if you remember the numbers of people looking were low as well.

WF is something that matters to us that raid mythic but truth is that if tomorrow method/exorsus/whatever stopped raiding no one would give a shit at all, nothing would change for wow, the 90%+ of the playerbase wouldnt even care to know about it.

WF race has always been exaggerated, the numbers dont lie.

Give guilds who are progressing for months time to get their Cutting edge. I know most of u only raid LFR/N/Hc, cleared it in first month and demand new raid asap, chill pls

Quote Originally Posted by GoForIt1 View Post
    Give guilds who are progressing for months time to get their Cutting edge. I know most of u only raid LFR/N/Hc, cleared it in first month and demand new raid asap, chill pls
    No thanks. The burnout is real. They need to release it very soon.