Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Dunno about Lordaeron but Teldrassil is almost definitely dead.. As a tree you don't really come back from being burned to ashes no matter how magical.. x_x
    This screenshot seems to confirm that Lordaeron falls to the Alliance.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275382/b...shots:275382:6

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Ye, usually that means the Alliance settlement is dead and the Horde one gets updated graphics.
    >Horde has their city raided and loses 10,000 characters

>Alliance loses 1 king that no one liked, and a park that no one went to

"horde favoritism."

#inb4reee #hyperbole
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The Horde gets ashenvale, darkshore, hyjal, and several other lush lands full of natural resources not to mention a magical well stronger then the sunwell and nightwell put together. The alliance gets the plaguelands, south shore which is plagued, Gilneas which is plagued, undercity which is super plagued....just wow. Who the fuck thought this through?
    You've had superior architecture, and city design for 13 years, build a bridge and get over it.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-11-04 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm still curious how they will ignite teldrasil in the first place. In the cinematic that thing was a giant ball of flame and teldrassil is gigantic, not even deathwing could have set it aflame like that, I doubt all mages of dalaran could realistically do that. This will be such a convoluated asspull of new proportions.
    In some leak (the only that got anything right) it's said that Sylvanas uses parts of Sargeras' weapon in Slitherus to create a WOMD to wipe it out.

Don't know how reliable that is though, but can't think what else could do it so easily.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    In some leak (the only that got anything right) it's said that Sylvanas uses parts of Sargeras' weapon in Slitherus to create a WOMD to wipe it out.

Don't know how reliable that is though, but can't think what else could do it so easily.
    That is like the worst military descison ever then, if you have such a truly powerful weapon, why waste it nuking a remote faction hub, which obviously was going to invite retaliation. If you have something like that you either nuke a major military installation or the heart of the enemies base of operations. This would be an absolute low in story telling, though I guess that is what I'm expecting anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is like the worst military descison ever then, if you have such a truly powerful weapon, why waste it nuking a remote faction hub, which obviously was going to invite retaliation. If you have something like that you either nuke a major military installation or the heart of the enemies base of operations. This would be an absolute low in story telling, though I guess that is what I'm expecting anyway.
    Nuking Teldrassil does only make strategic sense if you want to strengthen your hold on Kalimdor. In any other cases, especially a first strike, Sylvanas should either have destroyed Gilneas or go for Stormwind or Ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Nuking Teldrassil does only make strategic sense if you want to strengthen your hold on Kalimdor. In any other cases, especially a first strike, Sylvanas should either have destroyed Gilneas or go for Stormwind or Ironforge.
    Apparently from what I keep hearing, Sylvanas was planning to attack Stormwind, the Alliance found out and charged Lordaeron instead. Then the Horde torched Teldrassil as a "fuck you"

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Nuking a major civilan target makes only sense if you intend to end it with one shot (teldrassil is certainly the wrong target for that) or if you have a lot more where that "nuke" came from, which apparently wasn't the case.

Part of me is wondering how they're going to justify it within game. Even if her original plan was to obliterate Stormwind, unprovoked, while everyone was still busy finishing off the Legion, that sounds like a pretty horrific move.

But then... it's Sylvanas. At this point she's used chemical attacks to wipe out whole towns, done experiments on POW, tried to enslave all the Val'kyr, and everybody acts like that's just her being fun and kooky. Even the Blizzard staff couldn't come up with any reasons for her to be Warchief lore wise, or why any of the other leaders should follow her, so they went with the "unquestionable unexplained vision" reason.

I'm half expecting her to nuke Teldrassil, and the other Faction leaders will just go "Oh Sylvanas.. " and laugh like some old sitcom.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    From what I understand it's like this:
    • For people 110 and up, who own Battle for Azeroth, Teldrassil is burnt to a cinder and Lordaeron/UC is an uninhabited indefeasible ruin.
    • It's all phased, so to characters who are not yet accessing BfA content it all will seem as it is now.
    • It was stated in the Deep Dive panel that UC is not defensible, probably because after the siege we saw in the cinematic little of the walls of Lordaeron remain standing, the large armies are spread over the world fighting, holding off other threats, so not enough people and resources to haul stone, steel and wood all the way up north to Lordaeron to rebuild it, and defend the builders an from invasion, as it's rather close to Trisfal's shore, seems to go for both factions really, Horde might be able to retake for a while but not hold and rebuild.
    • Alliance seem to have chosen for Stromgarde to be rebuilt first, probably since it's close to the Wetlands and Dun Morogh. (maybe Gilneas as well)
    • Silvermoon City, Eversong Woods, and Ghostlands still in Horde hands, seems the Blood Elves held off the Alliance at the pass from EPL to GL, but they're cut off from the rest of the Horde, the same is true goes for Azurmemist Isles and the Draenei, these are still in Alliance hands.
      This is a lore explanation, because basically it means they're still not including these zones onto the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor maps. (note that the Blood Elf zones are not suited for flying at all, and would require major time investment to rebuild them in order to make them work, especially Silvermoon City, which is mess of facades and holes, all for a zone that is rarely visited afterwards)

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    >Horde has their city raided and loses 10,000 characters

>Alliance loses 1 king that no one liked, and a park that no one went to

"horde favoritism."

#inb4reee #hyperbole

You've had superior architecture, and city design for 13 years, build a bridge and get over it.
    Sorry to disappoint you but I actually play horde. Just because I’m Horde doesn’t mean I can’t see that the alliance is getting boned without any lube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Orc population was always way lower then most other races in lore, that's why some of the victories they achiev feel sort of forced, that and you start wondering where they keep getting solders.
    So much wrong, orcs breed fast their numbers are alot, they mature at the age of 12 so no they arent fewer they are more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

They're not precious to me but I get why people wouldn't want to lose them. But, if it means we get a Gilneas capital then yes please! Updated worgen models and an Old England style open world city

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    They're not precious to me but I get why people wouldn't want to lose them. But, if it means we get a Gilneas capital then yes please! Updated worgen models and an Old England style open world city
    Updated worgen models aren't happening next expansion.

I dont think Teldrassil will be completely destroyed, just burnt/damaged. Its an entire zone, not just a city like Undercity. But then again this is Blizzard so they hate the Night Elves and the Alliance.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have always wanted this in a MMO. A living world that changes as the story progresses, and now we have the possibility of Alliance retaking Lordaeron and the Horde making a last stand north in Quel'Thelas. I love it! I am seriously hyped about how this progresses and how it will end. Considering how wow has progressed over the years, it has in my eyes become better and better at telling a story and making it a seriously epic experience for the player ingame.

This is what I call real change. Do not board the sadtrain, but rather board the hype train and count down the days. For there is glory to be had on the battlefield, FOR THE HOOOORDE!!!

Deleted
    I'm a rabid Horde fanboy and I welcome some actual movement in this faction war, even if it means losing Undercity. All the more reason to rally and fight the Alliance. I want to see the Plaguelands become a battleground, with the Ghostlands becoming a home-away-from-home for the Forsaken. Night Elves, I guess, should evacuate to the Bloodmyst Isles - a massive Nelf fleet intent on raiding their former lands in Western Kalimdor. Zoram Strand could be WoW's Normandy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    What about Quel'thalas? That was also blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Except it was not. They avoided Bloodmyst Isle as well. Seems like they will remain abandoned.
    Yes, I watched the features trailer back again and just as the red does not spread to Azuremyst or Bloodmyst Isle, the furthest that the blue spreads corresponds roughly to the southern parts of Ghostlands. It's entirely possible that the Alliance does push into the Ghostlands, though implementing this in-game would likely involve adding the two capitals to the main map. At least, it should do, and it'd be a good opportunity to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but I actually play horde. Just because I’m Horde doesn’t mean I can’t see that the alliance is getting boned without any lube.
    Point still stands. The zones the horde get (if that's what happens) aren't even that nice anyways, gloomy dark etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharion99 View Post
    Teldrassil came first. I forget the quote but it was linked earlier in this thread. Undercity was the response
    Well, that's greatly disappointing. I'm tired of the Horde being the aggressors. Here's hoping for a plot twist that isn't predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Well, that's greatly disappointing. I'm tired of the Horde being the aggressors. Here's hoping for a plot twist that isn't predictable.
    Well spoiler alert the Horde are the aggressors no matter what as it's revealed in the new novel that Sylvanas and Nathanos were planning to attack Stormwind, and apparently had been planning it for quite some time