Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    BfA (that name is so unfitting) cinematic: Sylvanas fighting Anduin, Varian's son who's all about peace.
    That is also true. Other than a handful of warfronts in places like Arathi, it's going to be a battle for two shitty islands.

And am I the only one that noticed Sylvanas being less undeady if at all?
    Well, she looked different than she did in Legion's cinematic. Not sure about less undeady, but to me she looked more youthful (I guess that could be seen as less undeady) with rounder cheeks and pink lips. Actually, the lips in particular are less undeady, yes. The color they had before was much more fitting for an undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The only light the book will shed is on the exact scope of the ridiculousness. There is no salvaging it from any perspective. I mean, I don't care about Alliance much, but the Night Elves get the shaft too. How the fuck do you burn down a World Tree enchanted by the Aspects?
    I read somewhere Sylvanas is gonna use part of Sargeras sword which is stuck in Silithus to burn the tree down, but not sure if it's legit piece of information though.

But yeah doubt book is gonna fix sillyness of premise much.

Legion cinematic: Sylvanas and Varian fighting demons side by side.

BfA (that name is so unfitting) cinematic: Sylvanas fighting Anduin, Varian's son who's all about peace.

Me: ??

And am I the only one that noticed Sylvanas being less undeady if at all?
    Your not the only one who went ??? WTF, in legions cinematic Varion is writing a letter to Anduin TO NOT BE A WARMONGER like he was. I really really hope that its all a ploy by the OGS/Void lords. Or some Dragon ball Z crap needs to happen like in Buu saga where Vegeta lets him self get controlled for power but then realizes he messed up and goes boom.

So we go from class champions to faction footsoldier? Again?

Would be a nice turn of events if we, the players, are actually a third party caught up in the war and work to resolve the conflict, caused by a fourth party.

Only I am concerned with this little thing?
    Heart of Azeroth
    The faction that wins will inherit a dying world
    Everybody is so caught up that an unblessed world tree is burnt down, but nobody cares that Azeroth, for which all this war is going on, is still gravely wounded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Can someone who's actually excited about the new "races" explain to me how you can be excited about repainted existing races?
    Outside of the refreshing change of scenery, I'd imagine it's mostly a soft RP type of thing - gives your character a bit more depth, and provides a starker contrast between the racial cultures. Being a Highmountain Tauren obviously means something quite different from being a Mulgore Tauren, just as being one of the Nightborne obviously implies a different history and way of looking at the world than a Blood Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Only I am concerned with this little thing?

Everybody is so caught up that an unblessed world tree is burnt down, but nobody cares that Azeroth, for which all this war is going on, is still gravely wounded.
    Seems to be the leitmotif of this expansion - "lets you and him fight" while the world expires all around us. It's a pretty dark and foreboding theme if you think about it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    so it was mentioned in the feature trailer but it seems this time tehre wont be a lvl 110 boost? or am i wrong

That would be swell. Then, in a patch, Jaina. And in the final one, Anduin (would redeem the future Anduin stuff spoiling the story).

That is also something that amazes me. OK, let's ignore the implausibility of Alliance steamrolling through Lordaeron and the Horde steamrolling through the entirety of Night Elven territory. But afterwards, the Horde ends up with the Sunwell, Nightwell, Well of Eternity and a wound in Tanaris that should basically result in a new Well of Eternity rivaling the original one. With Blood Elves and Nightborne going to town on that. How is Alliance going to combat that? Have a hundred of the best Mages at each well, have them all channel the spell Azshara used against Azsuna and release it against Stormwind.
    Yes for most of that - the Nightwell's done, though. Last quest of the Suramar campaign, Valtrois and Oculeth mention that the Nightwell is unstable and is going to fade, to which Thalyssra decides to let it wither away. They do, however, have vast superiority over ley lines - enough to rival even blue dragons, and a magic fruit tree, for whatever that's worth now.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2017-11-04 at 06:08 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    so it was mentioned in the feature trailer but it seems this time tehre wont be a lvl 110 boost? or am i wrong
    Character Boost
    Advance a new or existing hero character to level 110 instantly, and be ready to join your new allies in battle!
    Communities
    Find adventurers who share common interests

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth

Anyone else notice that they took a lot of inspiration from the Witcher III with some of the monsters? In the feature trailer and the presentation sheets at Blizzcon I saw at least a Leshen, a plague maiden and a grave hag.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Yes for most of that - the Nightwell's done, though. Last quest of the Suramar campaign, Valtrois and Oculeth mention that the Nightwell is unstable and is going to fade, to which Thalyssra decides to let it wither away. They do, however, have vast superiority over ley lines - enough to rival even blue dragons, and a magic fruit tree, for whatever that's worth now.
    Well, they way I understood that is that it's still there, just going to eventually "die" without being sustained by the Eye of Aman'thul. Maybe I got that wrong. Then again, even if I didn't, it could still fade away completely before the next expansion. Especially if there is indeed a four-year gap like some people claim.

Still, it's the two remaining major wells, stark majority of the Moonwells (I can only recall two in EK off the top of my head and I'm not sure if the one that used to be in Park district of Stormwind was recreated when they finally fixed it) and something that should, logically speaking, become the new Well of Eternity in its prime.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Anyone else notice that they took a lot of inspiration from the Witcher III with some of the monsters? In the feature trailer and the presentation sheets at Blizzcon I saw at least a Leshen, a plague maiden and a grave hag.
    And flying mermaids.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    We were talking about him not being given a chance the moment he was made Warchief, not during Warcrimes.

Thrall made him Warchief, the fact that so many people went against him immediately is what led to him becoming a huge dick. There's a series of events, a dominos of shit going bad, but if any of them involved just took a moment to step back and realize it, all of it could have been avoided. Thrall, Cairne, Vol'jin and others are all responsible for Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems a lot of people take what happened at different points and mix it up. Garrosh Was made Warchief, despite him not wanting to be it, and with Thrall giving him a huge confidence boost... then immediately is challenged to fight to the death by Cairne and then threatened by Vol'jin, all before he has any time to do anything as Warchief.

His alienation of the others, followed after.
    Even before being named Warchief he was already alienating the other horde leaders with his warmongering gung-ho shtick, and it's his whole inability to communicate with Cairne that leads to their duel. And are we missing the part where Baine gives him a huge pass after Garrosh killed Cairne, swearing Tauren loyalty to him? Yet Garrosh showing how bad he is at this, starts doing the same time again, alienating all non-orc races, specially vol'jin and his trolls and getting death threatened.

I mean how incompetent you have to be to get in this situation back to back? garrosh levels of incompetent.

And I don't actually don't have issues with his warmongering actually, but with how unable he was to sell it, and how butthurt he got when the other leaders disagreed with him. He almost literally threw a tantrum and went to his room.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    There will be a 110 boost.

Another thing I noticed about the siege towers after rewatching the cinematic. How do they even arm the trebuchets on top? The arm extends beyond the tower and the platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKhGEj3-y8o

quest zones stay the same. the battle for azeroth stuff is sharding tech in old zones.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Another thing I noticed about the siege towers after rewatching the cinematic. How do they even arm the trebuchets on top? The arm extends beyond the tower and the platforms.
    Shhhhh, it just works !

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, she looked different than she did in Legion's cinematic. Not sure about less undeady, but to me she looked more youthful (I guess that could be seen as less undeady) with rounder cheeks and pink lips. Actually, the lips in particular are less undeady, yes. The color they had before was much more fitting for an undead.
    I believe that must be a precise style of modelling belonging to some of the (new?) animators, since both Saurfang and Anduin as well shown rounder and somewhat softer features to what we have seen in past cinematics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The same way as we did with real life trebuchets? =P The sling part could reach all the way down to the base / ground, there should be soldiers around there waiting for it.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Looks like the allied race introductory quests are going to be chock full of lore as concerns why the various subraces are joining their chosen faction. Going to be very interesting how some of those choices are explored, and so forth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    According to red shirt guy’s twitter Void Elves aren’t High Elves, they’re traitors to the Sin’dorei who were exiled for practicing void magic.

Kinda makes Blood Elf Shadow Priests feel kinda off. I’m hoping there’s a better explanation.