Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    1) Allied races are NOT subraces - they even avoided that by calling them ALLIED not sub.
    So yeah. They can be added without second thought.

2) yes for some "players" who have tunnel vision on damage meters in instances it sure isn't a big deal.
    Except you'll find they're all related to existing races. For all intents and purposes, they are sub races, not brand new races.

What are Ogres, Naga and Vrykul related to?

So mail gear looking like leather gear not only affects your dps (???) but dps is a HUGE deal sub level 40, and what you look like matter sub level 40?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    This has been bugging me for years. The faction war is a dead horse.
    The biggest issue with it is... we know how it will end.

If we assume the faction war remains the main theme of the expansion, and no major ourside force appears (which I hope for, I know they said it's only HvA, but one can dream), we know the outcome. Some territories will shift posession, but nothing major will happen. There won't be a clear winner, nor a clear loser, because it would have immense repercussions for the other side. If the Alliance wins they will not allow the Horde to stay the same. Not again. If the Horde wins they will probably drive the races of the Alliance into the wilds, destroying the biggest civilisations on Azeroth. It's just like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. You get the illusion of danger and threat, but nothing major ever dies or is destroyed. Only token sacrifices like Quicksilver.

But let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Except you'll find they're all related to existing races. For all intents and purposes, they are sub races, not brand new races.

So mail gear looking like leather gear not only affects your dps (???) but dps is a HUGE deal sub level 40, and what you look like matter sub level 40?
    I seriously hope you are just trolling. Reported you as such for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Allied races are subraces, what are any of those sub races of?
    Not really ... Nightborne are Night Elf subrace but are Horde playable while Void Elves are another High Elf off shoot and are for the Alliance.
    So, allied races aren't required to tie into an existing race. Keep in mind, what we have access to is earlier in builds than what Blizzard has ... it is likely they "tied" these races to player races currently for testing purposes.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I seriously hope you are just trolling. Reported you as such for now.
    Trolling?

Please, I'm genuinely curious about your response to my question, if you think I'm trolling then clearly you don't have a valid answer.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    The biggest issue with it is... we know how it will end.

If we assume the faction war remains the main theme of the expansion, and no major ourside force appears (which I hope for, I know they said it's only HvA, but one can dream), we know the outcome. Some territories will shift posession, but nothing major will happen. There won't be a clear winner, nor a clear loser, because it would have immense repercussions for the other side. If the Alliance wins they will not allow the Horde to stay the same. Not again. If the Horde wins they will probably drive the races of the Alliance into the wilds, destroying the biggest civilisations on Azeroth. It's just like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. You get the illusion of danger and threat, but nothing major ever dies or is destroyed. Only token sacrifices like Quicksilver.

But let's see.
    We will fight Azshara before this xpack ends.
    I think they will want to introduce the naga in the next one, most likely even easing up again on faction war.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Not really ... Nightborne are Night Elf subrace but are Horde playable while Void Elves are another High Elf off shoot and are for the Alliance.
    So, allied races aren't required to tie into an existing race. Keep in mind, what we have access to is earlier in builds than what Blizzard has ... it is likely they "tied" these races to player races currently for testing purposes.
    Except they are, they all are. Void Elves are just Blood Elves that took a different route. They absolutely are all off shoots.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Aren't Naga corrupted Night Elves and Vrykul an offshoot of humans?

Trolling?

Please, I'm genuinely curious about your response to my question, if you think I'm trolling then clearly you don't have a valid answer.
    your "question" entailed a false premise. that armor look would affect dps below level 40, which is utterly besides the point, just brought up by your excuse of a valid response.

no, what I was referring to is people like you who can't see the holistic picture of having spandex leather be called platemail on starting orc warriors.

your lack thereof most likely comes from you being ignorant about any- and everything besides damage meters in this game and trying to pose your ignorance as a valid answer.

For a guy who is sporting the gay flag as an avatar, you seem awfully uninclusive of what the term "allied races" could entail.

Allied races are NOT subraces - they even avoided that by calling them ALLIED not sub.
    So yeah. They can be added without second thought.
    Yeah it can mean anything, but going by what they actually showed us it's a fancy term for subraces. None of those races are new, they just have more/different customization options, altered racials and that's it. What makes you think it now means that any race can be included in term "allied races"? Why not just call them "new races"? Your logic is flawed and races you mentioned in your OP aren't missing, they weren't promised or hinted. It's just your wishful thinking. Following your train of thought I could say that there is a lot more missing from BFA - allied races - tuskarr, furblogs, nerubians, grummles, hozen and pretty much any other sentient wow race?

You make no sense, dude.

your "question" entailed a false premise. that armor look would affect dps below level 40, which is utterly besides the point, just brought up by your excuse of a valid response.

no what i was referring to is peopel liek you who can't see the holistic picture of having spandex leather be called platemail on starting orc warriors.

your lack thereof most likely comes from you being ignorant about any- and everything besides damage meters in this game and trying to validate your ignorance as a valid answer.

How does changing >level 40 leather armour to look like mail improve the game. Conversely, how is the current state a detriment to the game?
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Nightborne are not a Night Elf subrace they are a High Elf subrace they just changed from lack of sunlight and constant exposure to the Nightwell's energy

-Updated Worgen and Goblin models

-Updated elemental models for shaman, mages

-Player Housing

-Nagas, Ogres, Vrykul as allied races

-Redesigning low level armor looks so that a hunter, shaman doesn't look like using leather armor until hitting 40

-More customization options for existing races, tattoos, scrs eye color etc.

*Update this list freely below
    -Don't care

-Don't care

-Go play FF14

-Probably happening later, they did say they were adding more allied races later on

-Were you delusional enough to think that would ever happen?

-Still a possibility

I'm more curious about what is changing with classes, more info about the new medallion system, more info on what they mean by "dynamic" world.
    They addressed (sort of) why it's back to Alli vs Horde (no major threat so old prejudices and disputes come back to the forefront).
    Allied races are cool, but seem like just another minor thing to hold people over.
    How TF will work (per Blizz: only certain pieces). Which pieces?
    Is m+ going to have more separation from raids now?
    Lot of things that could be addressed and probably should be.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Nightborne are not a Night Elf subrace they are a High Elf subrace they just changed from lack of sunlight and constant exposure to the Nightwell's energy
    Nah, they are Night Elves. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Nightborne
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah it can mean anything, but going by what they actually showed us it's a fancy term for subraces. None of those races are new, they just have more/different customization options, altered racials and that's it. What makes you think it now means that any race can be included in term "allied races"? Why not just call them "new races"? Your logic is flawed and races you mentioned in your OP aren't missing, they weren't promised or hinted. It's just your wishful thinking. Following your train of thought I could say that there is a lot more missing from BFA - allied races - tuskarr, furblogs, nerubians, grummles, hozen and pretty much any other sentient wow race?

You make no sense, dude.
    Except they make less sense to include than those - most notably ogres - being part of the horde as far back as in warcraft 2.

your logic is flawed because you purposely try to narrow down a term to suit your needs.
    Allied races could very well mean races having only recently established or re-eastablished the connection to a specific faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    This has been bugging me for years. The faction war is a dead horse.
    And beating down the same raid boss that has the exact same motivation isn’t a dead horse? Let’s start from cata.

Deathwing: wanted to destroy the world
    Lei shen: wanted to destroy the world/claim it
    Garrosh: wanted to destroy the world with the iron horde/claim it (in WoD)
    Archimonde: wanted to destroy the world/claim it (both times)
    Guldan: wanted to destroy the world/claim it
    KJ: wanted to destroy the world/claim it (both times)
    Argus and Sargeras: want to destroy the world/claim it

Like dude, the only time we’ve faced an enemy that didn’t want to destroy the world was garrosh in MOP when he primarily wanted to bring back the true horde. That was his main motivation.

Are you saying you don’t get tired of the same recycled villains that want the exact same thing but you get tired of the faction war which we’ve really only experienced a few times in game? I think the faction war could be really interesting especially now with the alliance and horde trying to reclaim/claim land on a full scale.

I want to know what the reason is behind the whole war starting and according to an interview we will learn that when we play. I think it’ll be a great theme. It’s also not going to be the only theme, Azshara comes into focus which also means N’zoth will probably show up maybe in the last raid tier.

Q: Where are worgen/goblin model updates?
    A: Right now not planned for Battle for Azeroth but definitely planned. They are being worked on!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ld-of-Warcraft
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Well Naga are corrupted Elves and Humans are Corrupted Vyrkul but in his list the only race that would really work is Vyrkul as Naga to me would just have a lot of animation issues for things like riding and such since they're skeleton would be completely different than every other playable race and with the size of Ogres they would have to be sized down and to me would just look anemic compared to npc Ogres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Aren't Naga corrupted Night Elves and Vrykul an offshoot of humans?
    Humans are an offshoot of Vrykuls, but yes.