Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Not much of a criminal record, some DUIs one harassment charge.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Why would there be need to deport someone and their family if they are legal citizens?
    You are dodging the main point here though. Namely, slaskel noted that, in this case, people likely will not call for the family of the perp to be punished for his actions, just like they have not when Vegas happened. Yet, people on Fox said that the family of the Halloween guy should be punished for his actions.
    The problem here, is punishment by blood. You instead focus on the kind of punishment, which is not the point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    You are dodging the main point here though. Namely, slaskel noted that, in this case, people likely will not call for the family of the perp to be punished for his actions, just like they have not when Vegas happened. Yet, people on Fox said that the family of the Halloween guy should be punished for his actions.
    The problem here, is punishment by blood. You instead focus on the kind of punishment, which is not the point at all.
    Yeah this isn't North Korea.. yet people want to emulate North Korea when something happens with a group they don't like.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you missed the point of what they where referring to on Fox. The point was, if members of his family knew he was planning his attack and failed to do anything about it, they should be held liable. Same as the Vegas shooter and this scum of the topic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    DO we have a thread every time there is a car crash in the US ?
    Why do we need a thread every time the US 'exercises its constitutional rights' ?
    I wonder if the mods would allow a new thread for every shooting in Chicago...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think you missed the point of what they where referring to on Fox. The point was, if members of his family knew he was planning his attack and failed to do anything about it, they should be held liable. Same as the Vegas shooter and this scum of the topic thread.
    That was not what Chaffetz was talking about, however. He said that the entire family should be deported, because they had initially come there due to that man's visa. That is all. He did not talk about them failing to do anything, that was not a criterion to him. They are related to him, so they should be kicked out. Very straightforward.
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/237513
    (Only linking this source since it shows the full interview)
    Last edited by Kiri; 2017-11-04 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    DO we have a thread every time there is a car crash in the US ?
    Why do we need a thread every time the US 'exercises its constitutional rights' ?
    Well I think if somebody deliberately killed people with his/her car it would be news unless I am missing the sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well I think if somebody deliberately killed people with his/her car it would be news unless I am missing the sarcasm
    No sarcasm - just that the US has accepted that it is ok to shoot lots of people in exchange for some perceived freedom. Shouldn't be news any more.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Good. Now I hope they have a swift trial and then execute him.
    As long as the orange shitstain doesnt twit anout it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

How did I focus on the kind of punishment? I didn’t focus on anything my friend. I think you need to go back and take a look at my original quote. Here, I will link it for you.
    My quote...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47858368
    I will now explain it for all.
    I quoted the VERY FIRST POST in this thread. Where someone made fun of a news organization. And the author stated “I bet there won’t be any talk of deporting his family”.
    I then stated what you quoted “Why would there be need to deport someone and their family if they are citizens?”

I don’t watch Fox News my friend. I don’t watch politically opinion shows either. They cherrypick the already cherrypicked news and twist it even further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    As long as the orange shitstain doesnt twit anout it.
    Who is that? I sense much hate in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    How did I focus on the kind of punishment? I didn’t focus on anything my friend. I think you need to go back and take a look at my original quote. Here, I will link it for you.
    My quote...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47858368
    I will now explain it for all.
    I quoted the VERY FIRST POST in this thread. Where someone made fun of a news organization. And the author stated “I bet there won’t be any talk of deporting his family”.
    I then stated what you quoted “Why would there be need to deport someone and their family if they are citizens?”

I don’t watch Fox News my friend. I don’t watch politically opinion shows either. They cherrypick the already cherrypicked news and twist it even further.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is that? I sense much hate in you.
    Exactly. There are multiple layers to it. A call for deportation of immigrants, a call for punishing the family of a person for that person's deeds. Most others have picked up on the fact that the second part is what the author was pointing out in particular. Your tendency to hide behind and use exact words is well known. You cherrypick what words you can in order to imply taking a position and then claim you have not, which has been pointed out by many others on the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was not what Chaffetz was talking about, however. He said that the entire family should be deported, because they had initially come there due to that man's visa. That is all. He did not talk about them failing to do anything, that was not a criterion to him. They are related to him, so they should be kicked out. Very straightforward.
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/237513
    (Only linking this source since it shows the full interview)
    You are correct. I stand corrected. Thanks for the link. He clearly calls for that. But I disagree with him. The family came here lawfully under a program which is in effect. They should not have to pay for the crime of the attacker. But that visa lottery system sucks and we should end it as soon as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

No sarcasm - just that the US has accepted that it is ok to shoot lots of people in exchange for some perceived freedom. Shouldn't be news any more.
    it is not a perceived freedom. It is a Constitutional right written down hundreds of years ago, which many Americans view as a extremely important foundation for our freedoms. We happen to be ok with giving each other the right to defend ourselves with firearms. Well, some of us.

You are correct. I stand corrected. Thanks for the link. He clearly calls for that. But I disagree with him. The family came here lawfully under a program which is in effect. They should not have to pay for the crime of the attacker. But that visa lottery system sucks and we should end it as soon as possible.
    I had to look it up myself before I made my original post, so that is understandable. Most outlets just focus on Chaffetz' remark.
    I agree that a visa lottery is....weird. I don't even think most Dems are against removing it. Schumer himself wanted to get rid of it in the past. But Washington is so highly partisan right now that even that might be a fight.

Here's someone else that was a "good guy with a gun" until he wasn't.

Exactly. There are multiple layers to it. A call for deportation of immigrants, a call for punishing the family of a person for that person's deeds. Most others have picked up on the fact that the second part is what the author was pointing out in particular. Your tendency to hide behind and use exact words is well known. You cherrypick what words you can in order to imply taking a position and then claim you have not, which has been pointed out by many others on the forum.
    On the internet, especially this forum, one must pick their words very carefully so people cannot infer things you state that you in fact did not state. A certain subset of people on this forum try in vain to paint me as someone or something I am not simply because I do not agree with them. What they fail to understand is, there is a difference between not agreeing and disagreeing.

To your point, the author mentioned something I had no knowledge about. That was the reasoning of my post.

I don't believe this was completely random like the article states. Gotta wait for more information I guess to see what his motivation was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Here's someone else that was a "good guy with a gun" until he wasn't.
    The law assumes someone is not a criminal by default until evidence or action shows which they are. I would like to know more about his harassment charges in the past. Clearly he was not a good guy. As his last action proved it. But was there grounds to deny his right to own and possess a firearm based on his harassment charge? Ohio has some pretty strict laws on gun possession. For example, if you have ever had a restraining order, forget being able to legally have a firearm here.

The law assumes someone is not a criminal by default until evidence or action shows which they are. I would like to know more about his harassment charges in the past. Clearly he was not a good guy. As his last action proved it. But was there grounds to deny his right to own and possess a firearm based on his harassment charge? Ohio has some pretty strict laws on gun possession. For example, if you have ever had a restraining order, forget being able to legally have a firearm here.
    In this case the evidence overwhelmingly supports the fact this man did a criminal act and that makes him a criminal. It's more like he has to prove he is innocent. This is another topic that can be debated but this is how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Not much of a criminal record, some DUIs one harassment charge.
    Hmmm. Appears to be a "shooter" rather than a "gunman".

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.