Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    I could accept that but only because lightning is my element.
    Lightning evokes power without being "evil". Someone infused with lightning feels menacing and powerful. Someone infused by shadows seems evil and corrupted.

ALso, it would be a follow-up to an existing storyline, instead of something created just to justify a "new" race.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Lightning evokes power without being "evil". Someone infused with lightning feels menacing and powerful. Someone infused by shadows seems evil and corrupted.
    The lightning would be of titan origin and I don't think you can get further from corruption than that.

Really happy that we actually got Void Elves. Also quite depressed looking at pro-High Elf comments bashing the Void Elf idea. I wish people were a bit more open-minded.

Imagine high elves with lightning eyes, some crazy tatoo-like lightning markings, different available hair colors, occasional lightning crackling throught their bodies, access to shaman class. They would be as different from blood elves as void elves, but I think they'd be a lot more easily accepted by people than void elves.
    Storm elves. You heard it here first folks.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with getting Void Elves but I'm saddened they can't be Paladins! I thought Blizzard were hinting towards that with the couple night elf pallies in Legion. I hope we get to see more customization options from them, would've been great if they were playable during this Blizzcon but it seems like only Hightmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei are developed enough.

This could also mean more iteration going on for the other allied races. I mean take Worgen for example, they got a huge revamp even after promo material/screenshots for Cata were posted with their old style.

Void elves are much high elves as the blood elves are; neither are physiologically normal high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Storm elves. You heard it here first folks.
    This was actually an old idea (MoP-era) I had to make high elves distinct. So, they'd still call themselves "high elves".
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Void elves are much high elves as the blood elves are; neither are physiologically normal high elves.
    Not true. Ion said that Blood Elves ARE High Elves and that Void Elves are just another flavour.

Any changes the temporary consumption of fel magic may have had have clearly been reversed, especially with the restoration of the Sunwell.

Deleted
    Such a High elf would be capable of being distinct from others without being total twisted mutants.

Paladin, Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Priest, Monk and Shaman. give Blood elves Druid as compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Thing is we're talking a 75% new race, that really only shares skin color and ears with Night Elves.

Versus "Purple-eyed Blood Elves that can turn all Purple."

Alliance are the clear losers, and I bet there's a MASSIVE outcry on non-RP servers if this is how things play out.

I see the alliance as the real "elf winner" given how ugly the nightborne are compared to the standard night elves and void elves are looking to be blood elves with new custimization.

belf + nelf vs belf + nightborne

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I see the alliance as the real "elf winner" given how ugly the nightborne are compared to the standard night elves and void elves are looking to be blood elves with new custimization.

belf + nelf vs belf + nightborne
    I think the nightborne are beautiful. And their customization options (those beard-like metal jewelry) amusing.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Not true. Ion said that Blood Elves ARE High Elves and that Void Elves are just another flavour.

Any changes the temporary consumption of fel magic may have had have clearly been reversed, especially with the restoration of the Sunwell.
    "Clearly"? Where did they say the Blood Elves had been restored of the fel taint? I saw nowhere and no one claim that who works for Blizzard, and I've been watching all of BlizzCon. Do share.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    they ARE high elves....
    They were. Same as how blood elves were high elves. Been there, got transformed into something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    They were.
    no, they are.

blood and void elves are still high elves.
    you cant change your species by simply changing your name, that's not how this works.

Formerly known as Arafal

no, they are.

blood and void elves are still high elves.
    you cant change your species by simply changing your name, that's not how this works.
    Go take a look at the Void Elves. They're way past a name-change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    Go take a look at the Void Elves. They're way past a name-change.
    go take a look at demon hunters, they have just as much fel energy in them as those wannabe allerias void energy.

i certainly havent seen anyone calling them fel elves or whatever.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    go take a look at demon hunters, they have just as much fel energy in them as those wannabe allerias void energy.

I refer to all fel tainted elves as Felbloods.

And we've seen plenty calling blood elves just that, not high elves, and void elves, again, not high elves.

I think the nightborne are beautiful. And their customization options (those beard-like metal jewelry) amusing.
    And they have an awesome backstory, I'll admit they are far more interesting than the night elves they descend from.

But we got void which knowing blizzard will end up being edgier than demon hunters and they'll offer no cuistomization to make them look like actual high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Void elves are the way Blizzard gives the middle finger to everyone who wanted high elves, they are the flavour no one asked and they wonder why we don´t like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Alliance gets High Elves.
    They're permanently in Void Form.

God, it's like one of those stories where there's an awful twist whenever somebody makes a wish.
    I fucking LOL'd at this!!! XDXDXD