Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    You made the statement that they where proven wrong. Now go ahead and prove its truthfulness.

https://i.imgur.com/ZOYVawI.png
    Short answer: you should have realised yourself.

Long answer: in case that you cannot/don't want to realise yourself, Blizzard is a publicly traded company, i.e. they don't make stuff out of charity (mostly) but to make money. Ergo, they are going to go with Vanilla servers not out of charity or mere PR, but because of money. Which implies that Blizz thinks that a sizable chunk of the private servers' playerbase is willing to pay for official Legacy. Like several players ITT, myself included.

What Blizzard needs to do is add some more RPG elements from classic WoW back into the new expansions.

Deleted
    Because you can't pirate WoD or Legion as easily as the old versions due to lack of the realmlist.wtf.
    Sure, Black-No-See-Through Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It isn't wrong on any level. I've played classic WoW and classic WoW is 1/100 of what WoW has to offer right now.

The atmosphere and ambient of classic WoW is what made most people play. Not overtuned bosses, hard-to-get gear, months of leveling and 40-man raids.
    You can't be serious?!? You are basing your facts about your own experience, while disregarding true facts that ppl have played vanilla for many years in private servers and will gladly play on legit classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Short answer: you should have realised yourself.

Long answer: in case that you cannot/don't want to realise yourself, Blizzard is a publicly traded company, i.e. they don't make stuff out of charity (mostly) but to make money. Ergo, they are going to go with Vanilla servers not out of charity or mere PR, but because of money. Which implies that Blizz thinks that a sizable chunk of the private servers' playerbase is willing to pay for official Legacy. Like several players ITT, myself included.
    That's a baseless claim. Now either link your proof or stop spreading lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    I give it 3 months before the servers are dead and people lost interest. I can see people flooding the servers for about a week and realizing that it took forever to level to 60, no mounts, foot travel for 40 levels, money was scarce, no heirlooms and after you defeat AQ40, what then? Start over? Stay in AQ forever? Farm MC as a 40 man til your eyes bleed? I give it 3 months til the server/s are bare and people are bitching and everyone is too busy working on their live toons to even care.
    Within 3 months i will not even be level 60 and you are telling me it will be dead??

Because you can't pirate WoD or Legion as easily as the old versions due to lack of the realmlist.wtf.
    Did you even try google 'Legion servers'?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It isn't wrong on any level. I've played classic WoW and classic WoW is 1/100 of what WoW has to offer right now.

The atmosphere and ambient of classic WoW is what made most people play. Not overtuned bosses, hard-to-get gear, months of leveling and 40-man raids.
    Maybe that is correct for you.

It's not necessarily for everyone else.

I personally loved the atmosphere, but also loved the CHALLENGE of those things you mentioned.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm actually curious to have another taste of vanilal paladin, because I oddly kind of liked the way seals and judgmeents worked back then, so will be interesting to see if I get into it or not. Though I don't think I ever level capped my paladin until BC, I think mage was my only pre BC 60. And I'm sure not being tank or dps viable at end game would have been very frustrating had I capped.
    good luck getting a group as pala dps or tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    This is funny as fuck. 123 pages about something that will never happen, you guys have too much free time
    still laughing?

Strawmen? Read the (once again) famous "wall of no" from 2014 or so, and tell me with a straight face about strawmen. Or are you going to go with the old route of "I didn't say what I said, I'm being misquoted"? Just accept you were wrong on the subject, and move on
    I did read the 'wall of no'. However:
    • At no point it was stated that "there is no demand for Vanilla servers". That is a huge strawman and misrepresentation of the original argument.
    • At no point it was stated that "People playing on private servers do so only/mainly because it's free". That is a huge strawman and misrepresentation of the original argument.
    • At no point it was stated that "Maintenance costs would be prohibitive". That is a huge strawman and misrepresentation of the original argument.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I did read the 'wall of no'. However:
    • At no point it was stated that "there is no demand for Vanilla servers". That is a huge strawman and misrepresentation of the original argument.
    • At no point it was stated that "People playing on private servers do so only/mainly because it's free". That is a huge strawman and misrepresentation of the original argument.
    • At no point it was stated that "Maintenance costs would be prohibitive". That is a huge strawman and misrepresentation of the original argument.
    Your lack of intellectual honesty is astonishing. Welcome to my ignore list, it had remained empty until now!

Your lack of intellectual honesty is astonishing.
    Your powers of projection are astonishing.

Welcome to my ignore list, it had remained empty until now!
    I guess some people can't handle the truth. About to lose an argument? SEND HIM TO THE IGNORE LIST! Real mature. Oh well.

Real mature.
    What are you even doing in this thread? You're on a senseless crusade

That's insanity !

Funny. All the people who said that this would never happen, have vanished. I guess they are hiding their shame?

Deleted
    Yas, I will definetly try to level one character 1-60lvl. Will this "classic" share subsciption fee with the current WoW?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Funny. All the people who said that this would never happen, have vanished. I guess they are hiding their shame?
    Nah. They just moved the goal post to WELL YOU WON'T LIKE IT ANYWAY!! After that, it's WELL YOU WON'T LIKE IT FOR LONG!!!!

Sooo many people upset that others might be happy. Get over it. It will bring more people to your game. I will for sure come back to retail and play other Blizz products due to their decision. Oh and 15 per month is nothing for the game I love. Long live Classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    They're in the threads poking fun at all the people arguing over class balancing and remastering ideas.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...anilla-classes

Either they balance the game and piss off the purists or they keep it the same way and it's just as unbalanced and broken as it was when it was live.
    Last edited by bryroo; 2017-11-04 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What are you even doing in this thread? You're on a senseless crusade

That's insanity !
    "Senseless crusade"? What, exactly, am I "crusading" against?

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Either they balance the game and piss off the purists or they keep it the same way and it's just as unbalanced and broken as it was when it was live.
    Well pure vanilla is what people asked for. Making changes to cater to people who didn't even want it in the first place makes little sense.

- - - Updated - - -

"Senseless crusade"? What, exactly, am I "crusading" against?
    Vanilla/classic