Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

"Who dealt the first blow"

Obviously the Alliance did. Greymane hates Sylvanas's guts, so I am absolutely certain he ordered the attack on Lordaeron and the naive little kid King agreed on it since his grief blinded him from who really killed his father. In return Sylvanas sets Teldrassil on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Obviously the Alliance did. Greymane hates Sylvanas's guts, so I am absolutely certain he ordered the attack on Lordaeron and the naive little kid King agreed on it since his grief blinded him from who really killed his father. In return Sylvanas sets Teldrassil on fire.
    We'll see, won't we? Going by precedent, it's probably the other way around and the Horde starting it though.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    In the book that is the 'between expansion' lore, it shows that Sylvanas is planning in invading Stormwind.

7+ Year Old Account
    sylvanas has plans to attack stormwind in 'before the storm'.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-11-04 at 09:46 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Setting Teldrassil on fire seems like a massive message, not just a normal decision. I think Alliance attack Lordaeron first and Horde retaliate by burning the tree to basically say 'If you hit us, we'll hit back hard'.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    We'll see, won't we? Going by precedent, it's probably the other way around and the Horde starting it though.
    Why? Why would the horde start it? It makes sense for Alliance to do it and not the other way around. They have motives to attack, although shit motives, still motives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    In the book that is the 'between expansion' lore, it shows that Sylvanas is planning in invading Stormwind.

Maybe that's because they take Lordaeron from her? I am unfamiliar with the book though.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I see u still got a kid as your avatar.

Anyhow, the plot will probably be like this: Azshara or Genn burned down Teldrassil using Sargeras' weapon somehow (maybe a shard from it), Sylvanas gets the blame, Genn pushes Anduin to destroy UC. That way we'll finally get the balance we need in the lore as only hordes have been painted as bad guys now, we need a story where the alliance can be painted as such too.

Teldrassil was an inside job. Anduin set it. First of his 3 lies he's gonna tell.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Well we know that teldrassil got burnt to ash.

This must mean the baddest, most awesome warchief we have ever had, Basic Campfire - has to be the prime suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Teldrassil was an inside job. Anduin set it. First of his 3 lies he's gonna tell.
    lol. That'd be funny if it was true, but I doubt they will show the alliance in that kind of light.

Deleted
    Orcs are genetically retarded, corrupted their planet ant came to Azeroth to repeat the same shit.

Horde is evil and must be purged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Orcs are genetically retarded, corrupted their planet ant came to Azeroth to repeat the same shit.

Horde is evil and must be purged.
    Good luck with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that's because they take Lordaeron from her? I am unfamiliar with the book though.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275306/b...mpler-spoilers

Formerly known as Arafal

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Well we know that teldrassil got burnt to ash.

This must mean the baddest, most awesome warchief we have ever had, Basic Campfire - has to be the prime suspect.
    He's going to blame Pierre though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Like zombies vs plants?
    whoops.

i meant plans*

Formerly known as Arafal

Probably Sylvanas, if the early preview of the novel is any indication.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a single, lonely, solo, unique....

FUCK.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Setting Teldrassil on fire seems like a massive message, not just a normal decision. I think Alliance attack Lordaeron first and Horde retaliate by burning the tree to basically say 'If you hit us, we'll hit back hard'.
    Would also explain why the other horde races are ready to fight for Sylvanas. I don't think any of the current horde leaders would be ready to be the aggreser in this conflict just on the command of Sylvanas.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Obviously it has to be alliance first. It's their old city, they have all the incentive to try to take it back. Also burning down teldrassil can't just be a simple retaliation. You shouldn't be able to just up and burn it down when you get a bit peeved, that would be horrible storytelling. The horde would have(must have) been planning it for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the Alliance did.
    All the evidence we have says otherwise.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275306/b...mpler-spoilers

I will put this in a spoiler tag so people who want to avoid spoilers from the preview/book can do so.

The timeframe for that preview is after the Legion's defeat, occours during a victory celebration over the Legion. The Undercity is fine at the time of this preview, as the desolate council is in operation tending to the citizen's needs in the absence of Sylvanas. Sylvanas herself says "Her people were back in the Undercity, holding meetings, using her own gifts to them - their existence and their free will - to inexplicably refuse those gifts." , a place they very clearly would not be, if it had just been sacked by the Alliance. The Undercity is clearly perfectly fine at the time.

She also mentions "It is not the members that concern me. It is the army. I have decided I will not dissolve it."... She was considering disbanding the unified Horde army, something that she would absolutely not be doing if they were at active war the the Alliance.. And then that is followed directly by:

"But soon, I will call upon the brave fighters of the Horde for another battle. The one you and I have both longed for."

Nathanos was silent. She did not take that for disagreement of disapproval. He was often silent. That he did not press her for more details meant that he understood what she wanted.

Stormwind."

which indicates, at a time where they are NOT at war with the Alliance, that she plans to attack Stormwind. So, "obviously", the Alliance didn't strike first... It in fact seems far more likely that the Horde will, under the command of Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    Obviously it has to be alliance first. It's their old city, they have all the incentive to try to take it back. Also burning down teldrassil can't just be a simple retaliation. You shouldn't be able to just up and burn it down when you get a bit peeved, that would be horrible storytelling. The horde would have(must have) been planning it for a while.

See spoilered section.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-04 at 10:01 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.