Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Everyone whining about the direction of the game happens every expansion announcement.

This wouldn't be MMO-C without the overwhelming amount of whining grown men and armchair video game developers spouting their word like gospel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    People whined about MoP but it turned out to be amazing.

so that cycle was broken there.
    No, I remember it. People whined because "lol panda" and asian theme. There were no criticism about the content itself, and the few that did was because there was a lot of negativity from Cata.
    For BFA it's completely different.

I agree completely about this. There may even be information or additions to the game they plan on adding with Battle for Azeroth that they haven't even announced yet. There'll be enough time for changes and implementation of the new systems and ideas until the expansion hits live.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    We thought WoD was going to be shit, turned out to be shit.
    What u on about, the first 2-3 months WoD was praised as the best expansion ever on every forum and messageboards

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    We had an entire zone in Val'sharrah with nightmare.. are you high right now?
    You're the one not sober, you really don't understand what i'm saying do you?

It's kind of comforting. It's part of the cycle.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    No, I remember it. People whined because "lol panda" and asian theme. There were no criticism about the content itself, and the few that did was because there was a lot of negativity from Cata.
    For BFA it's completely different.
    No, people complained about -everything-, not just pandas and Asian. They do every year, go back to the threads and look, read them.

People complain every single xpac announcement, people are never happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    The cycle of denial:
    1) They just announced the expansion, wait to judge
    2) It's just the beta, they can still fix/add things
    3) it's just released, next patch will fix/add it
    4) ...
    5) Next expansion is announced

It happened with every shit expansion so far.
    6) YES, maybe this last expansion (WoD) was SHIT, but the NEXT one will be/must be better!
    7) At least this new expac is not that bad as WoD was!

Agreed with the OP. I'm really hyped, the faction war expansion looks amazing.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter what Blizzard will announce, there will always be some crybabies with their feelings hurt.

I think the expansion looks refreshing so far, a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    What u on about, the first 2-3 months WoD was praised as the best expansion ever on every forum and messageboards
    The first 2-3 months Garrisons were able to be build in every zone, Karabor was the capital of the Alliance/Bladespire of the Horde, Tanaan was supposed to be finished at release (and be our endgame-zone) Farahlon was a upcoming zone, Shattrath was a Raid/Dungeon/whatever, Gorgrond is supposed to have a Train treck (where the hell does the train drive), we were supposed to be stranded at the beginning, the game was supposed to have endgame-content (because a lot of people complained about dailies, they simply didn't add any endgame-content in the game, so no dailies)

Then blizzard simply cut and cut and cut things. But yes, if released as they announced everything, it would have been a blast, but it wasn't.

This expansion is already bad the day they announced it, and no, blizzard NEVER EVER ADDED MORE CONTENT THAN THEY ANNOUNCED WHEN THEY REVEAL THE GAME!

So yes, the negativity is here simply because it's a bad concept, a bad design and lets be honest, it really reeks of filler.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-11-04 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'm already seeing a running trend of whine and bitch threads, about lack of content, lack of information, and a litany of other "problems". How about you wait more than 6 hours to complain about an expansion that hasn't even been announced for a full day?
    It's an expansion based around PvP and the faction war. It's going to be shit.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We thought Cataclysm was going to be amazing, but it was shit.

We thought MoP was going to be shit, turned out to be amazing.

I don't know why people judge expansions based on Blizzcon announcements anymore.
    Nah, I was not hyped for Cata at all, it felt like "hey we ran out of ideas after we killed off Arthas", Blizzard had to literally explain people who the f... is Deathwing, the idea that world will be destroyed and continents broken in half didn't ring well either (in the end it didn't get destroyed or broken in half, we got a canyon in barrens and badlands and submerged 1000 needles), but I remember the speculations based on Ulduar globe map and it felt so shit now that I think about it. The only thing I enjoyed in Cata was 10 man heroic raiding, everything else was overhyped and lame... Remember how much hype there was for Vash'ir how amazing is gonna be underwater zone? In the end majority hated it to the point Blizzard scrapped any ideas of underwater dungeon / raid that was planned in parallel to Firelands (RIP Abyssal Maw).

The expansion that was going to be amazing, but wasn't, was WOD, it had great potential but it got abandoned, tons of content cut or scrapped, if it had as many raid tiers and major patches as Legion, it would be amazing. But instead 3-4 they made ONE major patch. So ofc people felt cheated.

MOP wasn't amazing at start, the dailies were the bane of it (the sheer volume of it and repetitiveness), same as early Legion alt unfriendliness, but later patches fixed that to an extent both in MOP and in Legion. MOP is remembered for some good things like Isle of Thunder, but everyone somehow gets silent and never mentions how crappy and barebones was 5.3 battlefield barrens patch - it was as bad as selfie camera patch tbh. Timeless Isle gets tons of praise, but I'm not sure why, "camp a mob" gameplay is just lazy timekiller, can't say lots of dev effort goes into these.

There isn't a single "amazing" expansion where Blizz got everything right(tm). There are features that are fondly remembered and MOP happens to have few of these (like scenarios, maybe that's why they're bringing these back).

At least we know BFA won't have followers and mission tables (from Panser's interview with Afrasiabi), so I guess that's good news for some who hated "facebook games" in WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides the cinematic everything WoW related has been somewhere between meh and hot garbage for me personally. My hype has definitely been subdued.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Damn @Wildberry, I never took you as the carebear type. I thought you would've loved an expac of crushing human skulls.

Faction war is what made me love WoW. IMO, fighting world ending big bads was taking the story off tangent to me. The biggest threat was always your neighbor in Warcraft, this is the foundation of the game, this is Blizzard taking it back to its roots.

It looks like there's going to be a lot to do in BfA. If the systems they set in place are 'fun' then BfA will be a good expansion. Legion felt fun to me until I started to feel the grind of AP and trying to RNG the right legendaries. The only thing disheartening piece of news I've heard is that they're not looking to add that many extra abilities. I have seen that they added back buffs so maybe they meant they didn't want to add more abilities to a given classes rotation, but they'll add more niche abilities like hibernate and soothe which was seen on the blizzcon floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

7+ Year Old Account
    I see the neck bearded WoW haters are out in full force today.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'm already seeing a running trend of whine and bitch threads, about lack of content, lack of information, and a litany of other "problems". How about you wait more than 6 hours to complain about an expansion that hasn't even been announced for a full day?
    I think the negativity has come from the fact the deep-dive was by three people we're not used to seeing, who themselves due to nerves orwhatever gave a nervous, low energy presentation that didn't match what we're used to from the usual three suspects we see do the deep dives, where there's an established energetic dynamic delivering the presentation that is feeding off the crowd cyclicaly.

I would say that anyone who was underwhelmed, should re-watch the deep-dive with this fact in mind & then re-evaluate how they feel, & I would proffer that most would then see their reactions are in large part fuelled by the lack of energey & dyanmism of the presenters of that panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    It's an expansion based around PvP and the faction war. It's going to be shit.
    what pvp ? they effectively killed off pvp since 99 % people will toggle pvp off to do dailies/farming

As an old player who quit for FFXIV and GW2, honestly this has caught my interest. The whole expansion reminds me of all the times I was in Stranglethorn Vale back in the days, and it'll be interesting to see where they take it this time. Island Expeditions seems like it'll be fun repeatable content, it's basically an MMO roguelike. While it certainly won't hype me like WotLK did, I will say I'm curious.

What I do worry for is that Kul Tiras and Zandalar won't really be enough content as it seems like they're all consistent in theme/structure which tends to go against previous expansion zones. I mostly played Horde before and Kul Tiras looks a lot more interesting than Zandalar, and for a pvp centric expansion I find it kind of ironic that they're being separated.

My perspective? Wait and see for more information.