Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Okay buddy. We will see soon, I guess. btw a horde leader was already "manipulated" (Garrosh) so I highly doubt they would do the same damn thing again for the Horde. I wouldn't be surprised though, with their writing lately.
    Sylvannas was always a terrible person after becoming a Banshee. That wouldn't be "bad writing" done only recently.

You people in these threads speak as if she had a "rigthful claim to Lordaeron". You forget that Grand Marshal Garithos, despite being an annoying, racist fuck, was actually a Knight of Lordaeron, led an Army (That helped Sylvannas defeat Balnazzar to reclaim Undercity for his people) and then...got betrayed and murdered.

Just because she wanted it for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i will end this pathetic argument once and for all.

when they arrived in stormheim, genn had specific orders.

get the aegis.
    deal with horde only if necessary.

instead, he disobeyed and started shooting the forsaken fleet.
    which ended with all of the 7th legion troops getting killed and the skyfire (yes, the skyfire. the ship that survived deathwing AND a massive fel reaver attack) completely destroyed.

"but SULVUNUS"

no, not sylvanas.
    genn nor rogers had any idea what sylvanas was actually trying to do in stormheim, they attacked the fleet just out of spite.

he could've saved all the lives he had on his ship AND THAT STUPID SHIP if he didnt try to randomly attack the fleet.

he could've just stayed in the shadows til they landed, then send us after the aegis while he dealt with sylvanas.
    boom, no bloodshed, he'd still have his troops, we'd still have our ship.
    but nope.

he's a terrible leader, king, and person.
    and i hope sylvanas blows his doggo skull open.
    They're both not the kind of people anyone should want in power.

Saurfang for supreme leader 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i will end this pathetic argument once and for all.

when they arrived in stormheim, genn had specific orders.

get the aegis.
    deal with horde only if necessary.

instead, he disobeyed and started shooting the forsaken fleet.
    which ended with all of the 7th legion troops getting killed and the skyfire (yes, the skyfire. the ship that survived deathwing AND a massive fel reaver attack) completely destroyed.

"but SULVUNUS"

no, not sylvanas.
    genn nor rogers had any idea what sylvanas was actually trying to do in stormheim, they attacked the fleet just out of spite.

he could've saved all the lives he had on his ship AND THAT STUPID SHIP if he didnt try to randomly attack the fleet.

he could've just stayed in the shadows til they landed, then send us after the aegis while he dealt with sylvanas.
    boom, no bloodshed, he'd still have his troops, we'd still have our ship.
    but nope.

he's a terrible leader, king, and person.
    and i hope sylvanas blows his doggo skull open.
    So.much.this.

Deleted
    Well burning down teldrassil is just plain stupid.
    It makes more logic if that psycho Gen burns it down then Horde burning it down.
    I don't think Horde dealt the first blow with Teldrassil,if they did it surely isn't pile of ashes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I don't give a single, lonely, solo, unique....

FUCK.
    Apparently you gave enough fucks to click on the thread and post a response. Huh.

Obviously the Alliance did. Greymane hates Sylvanas's guts, so I am absolutely certain he ordered the attack on Lordaeron and the naive little kid King agreed on it since his grief blinded him from who really killed his father. In return Sylvanas sets Teldrassil on fire.
    We don't know.

What we DO know is that Sylvanas is planning to attack Stormwind.

What is uncertain if the Alliance somehow beat her to the punch, a pre-emptive assault perhaps, or an first strike of their own.

But based on the evidence we have, the odds are very good that the Horde (again, sigh) struck first and that the Alliance responded. At the very least, that the Alliance engaged in a pre-emptive strike.

Just once...just once...I would love for the Alliance to be the instigators. So long as it wasn't forced or out of character for them that is. But I am getting a bit sick of the Horde always being the bad guy in this situation. Even if the Alliance did attack first, whatever reason Blizzard uses...Alliance players now have the legitimate excuse that Sylvanas was going to attack Stormwind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz and their narrative:

Warcraft 1: Horde attacks
    Warcraft 2: Horde attacks
    Cata: Horde attacks
    Mop: Horde attacks

Sooo... Wild guess, Horde attacks and burns down tree, alliance counter attacks. You could say its because all orcs are evil blood thirsty monsters - which is very true - but the real reason is that blizz is only able to tell one kind of story.
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.

Varian stated after we defeated Garrosh in SoO that the Alliance's next move would be retaking Lordaeron, so this invasion is probably being planned behind curtains for some time.

Why do people suck so much at critical thinking?

Context Clues

Alliance is Attacking Lordaeron.
    Horde burn down Teldrassil
    Undercity has a new council that openly disagrees with Sylvannas

What do we know in the game?

Horde invadeds Gilneas, pushed them out. Gilneans resettled in Teldrassil. Genn attacked Syvlannas first in Stormheim, and has consistently pushed Anduin to be more open to warfare.

The conclusion.

Genn pushes Anduin to attack Undercity after finding out the council there disagrees with Sylvannas, meaning its weakened. They attack Undercity and force the forsaken out.

As a result, Sylvannas destroys the Gilnean's new home: Teldrassil, home to the Howling Oak.

The End
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Hmm, if i was to put myself in those shoes of the alliance, i would say the alliance struck first and here is why i come to that conclusion:

They believe the Horde abandoned their king, (still i know, really dumb they could not just ask what the hell happened but well common sense is not something these experienced war veterans have) leaving him to die on the field. They would then take this time after the fall of the legion to attack the place where sylvanas would stay. She does not live in org, she stays on lorderan, a very convenient and close location for the alliance to strike at.

So for that very reason i believe they struck first.

That or Old Gold Whisper bs. Nzoth, lies etc.

But that is what i believe.

Why? Why would the horde start it? It makes sense for Alliance to do it and not the other way around. They have motives to attack, although shit motives, still motives.
    Because at this point the Horde is nothing more than a plot device at the Alliances mercy.

The Horde had a major upheaval some years ago, where it's most prominent leader left it, and handed the reins to someone... volatile. And while the majority of the Horde probably didn't want to follow Garrosh, a good deal of them did. The Alliance stepped up and helped those willing in the the Horde to retake their land and end Garroshs rule. They sacrificed a lot doing so.

Shortly after they lost VolJin, who was the last lore relevant prominent figure they had left. Now, the Horde has 0 characters that actually took part in the fight against the Legion, as Sylvanas was off doing whatever, leaving the Horde to fend for itself, and once again proving that she doesn't care about any of the other Horde races, except for their ability to be used as stepping stones. Meanwhile, Tyrande and Malfurion activly worked of fighting off the Legion and the Emerald Nightmare. While Sylvanas was on her ego trip, Anduin became a King. Velen entered the Tomb of Sargeras with both Horde and Alliance Forces and activly fought KilJaeden.

The Horde has no characters left that are interesting, instead they hedge all their bets on Sylvanas. It's all they have left. They are scattered, in disarray, while the Alliance consolidatet its power through the last addons.

I am all for the Alliance attacking first. The Horde has no right to Lordaeron. Burn it, burn the Forsaken. Give them the sweet release of death, as should have happened years ago. It suits Sylvanas to burn Teldrassil out of spite, becase she knows she cannot defeat the Alliance in Open War. Terrorism is all she has left.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2017-11-04 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Im baffled by the ignorance of people in these forums everyday that make statements like they know shit.
    Lordaeron was an entirely fucking separate kingdom from Stormwind with its own people and own royalty. The last male heir of that kingdom being Arthas the LK which we freaking killed. When it comes to the people, most of the inhabitants of the kingdom were killed by the scourge and raised as undead and are currently inhabiting their own homeland still, as the forsaken. Kingdom of Lordaeron was never even part of the current alliance in Wow, and they have no claim on it.
    You are so uninformed it's embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    Obviously it has to be alliance first. It's their old city, they have all the incentive to try to take it back. Also burning down teldrassil can't just be a simple retaliation. You shouldn't be able to just up and burn it down when you get a bit peeved, that would be horrible storytelling. The horde would have(must have) been planning it for a while.
    Why would there be taurens and orcs randomly waiting at undercity? lol

I think it’s the old gods.

Il’gynoths quotes may mean something here with the “boy king” and such. Varimathras also says some shit in Antorus that could be true. My speculation is that the old gods are manipulating us either to distract us from their goal or to get us to finish ourselves off so they can do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Why would there be taurens and orcs randomly waiting at undercity? lol
    I mean she is the Warchief now. She probably has other races in Undercity as well now. Notice there isn't any other Horde hero there besides Sylvanas though, so obviously they didn't expect the attack. And of course to make the cinematic more epic... it would suck if there were only Forsaken there.

Notice there isn't any other Horde hero there besides Sylvanas though, so obviously they didn't expect the attack. And of course to make the cinematic more epic... it would suck if there were only Forsaken there.
    Except for Grand Warlord Cleaves-Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    The Horde has no characters left that are interesting, instead they hedge all their bets on Sylvanas. It's all they have left. They are scattered, in disarray, while the Alliance consolidatet its power through the last addons.
    Saurfang, Lor'Themar, Gallywix, Liadrin, Nathanos. Maybe I'm forgetting some others, but the Horde do have characters that need development and are there to be used as interesting characters. But yes, Sylvanas has way too much focus for how many characters Horde have that are actually interesting but, never used in the slightest.

Here is to hoping that Battle for Azeroth does, in fact, bring in the other leaders and powerful figures the horde has into the story and not just focus on Sylvanas. If she even lives that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the Alliance did. Greymane hates Sylvanas's guts, so I am absolutely certain he ordered the attack on Lordaeron and the naive little kid King agreed on it since his grief blinded him from who really killed his father. In return Sylvanas sets Teldrassil on fire.
    i dont know if it would be that linear. come to think of it. Setting teldrassil on fire doesnt just put em to blows vs the alliance proper, but also fairly powerful figures like Malfurion and Tyrande. Just as Andiun has his magic, malfurion and tyrande also bring theirs, and much of the druid enclave follows malfurion. So I dunno, i dont think it is a simple "well they did this so ill do that". Also I am pretty sure Sylvannas had this planned out as per varimathras, given that the exodar is maybe a stones throw away from teldrassil and far easier to lay siege to, yet they burn down teldrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Sylvanas loves the Alliance, right? She's always talking peace negotiations, always trying to appease the conflicts... right? Also, Genn Greymane is not the leader of the Alliance. Anduin is, and he's a peace-loving guy.

But, just to toss more fuel to the fire, considering that in the features trailer we see Teldrassil already burning, yet on the opening cinematic we see the Alliance [B]beginning their siege on Undercity. So, according to that, it becomes "obvious" that the Horde struck first, and the Alliance is just retaliating.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Im baffled by the ignorance of people in these forums everyday that make statements like they know shit.
    Lordaeron was an entirely fucking separate kingdom from Stormwind with its own people and own royalty. The last male heir of that kingdom being Arthas the LK which we freaking killed. When it comes to the people, most of the inhabitants of the kingdom were killed by the scourge and raised as undead and are currently inhabiting their own homeland still, as the forsaken. Kingdom of Lordaeron was never even part of the current alliance in Wow, and they have no claim on it.
    man i dont even....at least be sure that you are correct before you call others stupid.
    http://et.worldofwarcraft.wikia.com/...e_of_Lordaeron

I am not sure you have any idea on what the alliance is, how it came to be or what states were or are even part of it.