Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Yep. My 2500k overclock is still in the list. It's night and day so far. I haven't had a chance to get into a raid to see how performance is, but in a greater invasion, I'm up probably 75-100% frame rate, while streaming.
    Wow, that's awesome!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wow, that's awesome!
    The better news is that I'm no longer seeing the micro-stutter that I had prior to the hardware change. At least so far... knock on wood... and everything else nearby.

First Coffee Lake

Name: Cilraaz
    Processor: Intel i7 8700k
    Clock: 4.8GHz
    Voltage: ~1.28V
    Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight II
    Screenshot LINK: https://i.imgur.com/Er6OBNT.png
    Valid CPU-Z link: https://valid.x86.fr/a8fw59
    What motherboard are you using?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    What motherboard are you using?
    ASRock Z370 Extreme4

ASRock Z370 Extreme4
    Ah, great mobo indeed. Only things that still baffle me are is the VGA and ps2 outputs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy SIX YEAR anniversary for this thread! I can't believe it's been that long!
    "A flower.

Got my 8700k stable at 4.9ghz with a vcore of 1.28.

The 5.0ghz stresstest is running a little over an hour now with a vcore of 1.32. Regardless, the jump in vcore is too high for a mere 100mhz, so I won't be keeping it even when it passes the 3 hour stress mark. 4.9ghz at 1.28v is pretty good for 24/7 use though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my 8700k stable at 4.9ghz with a vcore of 1.28.

The 5.0ghz stresstest is running a little over an hour now with a vcore of 1.32. Regardless, the jump in vcore is too high for a mere 100mhz, so I won't be keeping it even when it passes the 3 hour stress mark. 4.9ghz at 1.28v is pretty good for 24/7 use though!

Absolutely, like I've said in the original post, it doesn't have to be a 24/7 oc. Just make sure to follow the proper posting rules.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. My 2500k overclock is still in the list. It's night and day so far. I haven't had a chance to get into a raid to see how performance is, but in a greater invasion, I'm up probably 75-100% frame rate, while streaming.
    You'll have to report back once you attend a raid. Curious to the results. My 4930k is really starting to get annoying and looking for an upgrade path. I was thinking about waiting for CL-X but with tax season coming up I may jump on an upgrade sooner.
    I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sysTERROR View Post
    You'll have to report back once you attend a raid. Curious to the results. My 4930k is really starting to get annoying and looking for an upgrade path. I was thinking about waiting for CL-X but with tax season coming up I may jump on an upgrade sooner.
    I think something should be coming out by tax season, right? Idk everything over the last year or so has been so damned rushed I can't keep up.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I raided Tuesday, but didn't think to check frame rate. I'll see if I can get some data from Fraps tonight. It felt like a good bit higher frame rate compared to before the upgrade. I ran multiple raids the other night for AP. Skorpyron apparently can't be helped. My frames dropped through the floor on that fight. Everything else seemed much better.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2017-11-30 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    snip
    There you go:

Name: Nocturnus
    Processor: Intel i7 8700k
    Clock: 4.9GHz
    Voltage: ~1.28V
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62
    Screenshot LINK: https://imgur.com/1tz6Sg5
    Valid CPU-Z link: https://valid.x86.fr/dgvvat
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-11-30 at 06:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I grabbed some data tonight. I pulled a bit over 19 minutes from multiple pulls of Coven (normal).

Settings:
    • 1080p
    • All settings on main video settings page at maximum
    • 2xMSAA (MFAA forced in drivers)
    • 100% Render Scale

Stats:
    • 1156 seconds of frame rate recorded
    • Minimum fps seen - 55
    • Maximum fps seen - 219
    • Seconds under 60fps - 12
    • Average fps seen - 104.1635

Here's a link to the spreadsheet with the data. It's a couple CSV dumps (from two different pulls of Coven) from Fraps that I pieced together. I added the fields for min/max/avg. Rig is in my sig. The GTX1070 is clocked at 2000MHz core and 2003MHz RAM.

Edit: I added another field to my local copy (couldn't be bothered to re-upload to Google Drive) checking for frame count under 60fps. I had 12 seconds of frame rate under 60. With 1156 seconds of data, that's 1.038%.

Also, I should note that this data was captured while streaming to Twitch via OBS (using the x264 codec). I am absolutely thrilled with the new setup. It's like a new system compared to my old 2500k.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2017-12-01 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go: /snip
    Added! Congrats!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I should leave my system on overnight and get the required screenshots.

I have an 8600k @ 4.8 with a vcore of 1.296 that stays OC'd 24/7, haven't tried to go higher.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-12-05 at 01:40 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it dude! Would love to see this thread get active again like back in the Sandybridge days! I mean, look how many i5-2500k and i7-2600k posts there are!
    "A flower.

What do you guys think about the whole Aida 64 vs prime95 discussion?

I'm stresstesting 5ghz now and it runs for 3 hours straight in Aida64 without a hitch. In Prime95, 2 cores stop after about 2 minutes and the temperatures aren't nearly as high as during Aida64 (Aida peaks between 80°C and 85°C, Prime doesn't pass 58°C). Does this mean that Aida isn't a reliable stress test?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-12-06 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think about the whole Aida 64 vs prime95 discussion?

I'm stresstesting 5ghz now and it runs for 3 hours straight in Aida64 without a hitch. In Prime95, 2 cores stop after about 2 minutes and the temperatures aren't nearly as high as during Aida64 (Aida peaks between 80°C and 85°C, Prime doesn't pass 58°C). Does this mean that Aida isn't a reliable stress test?
    Uh...

The fact that 2 cores stop in P95 should tell you that's less stable. That wouldn't be okay in my books, that tells me something is amiss. If you look back through the pages of this thread (I know, it's quite a bit) we've had discussions about this in the past and there's reasons Prime95 was removed. @Cyanotical had a lot of say in that. He's fallen off the face of mmo-champion though.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Newer versions of Prime95 include AVX testing and absolutely hammer your CPU.
    It's generally recommended to go down 3 ticks (1 tick = 1 x 100MHz base clock step) for AVX workloads, called AVX offset in most BIOSes.

Generally Prime95 is deffo the better stability tester but in terms of overall stability AIDA64 is quick and easy to test with and most games will remain stable if AIDA64 does as well.

But if you need to remain "mission critical" stable at a higher overclock then generally 1 full 24 hour round of Prime95 stability testing is advised, with the AVX offset of course.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Newer versions of Prime95 include AVX testing and absolutely hammer your CPU.
    It's generally recommended to go down 3 ticks (1 tick = 1 x 100MHz base clock step) for AVX workloads, called AVX offset in most BIOSes.

Generally Prime95 is deffo the better stability tester but in terms of overall stability AIDA64 is quick and easy to test with and most games will remain stable if AIDA64 does as well.

But if you need to remain "mission critical" stable at a higher overclock then generally 1 full 24 hour round of Prime95 stability testing is advised, with the AVX offset of course.
    News to me!

I don't know if I want to change the rules again, it's been a looongggg time since the rules were changed and people have generally been fine with it. What do you think?

I guess I could give the option of either or... but then I'd want to see that AVX is enabled.

However, I like that this test is 8 hours. I cannot and will not ask anyone for a 24 hour test.
    "A flower.