Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Don't forget the religious people and activists who get paid to write angry articles about the gaming industry
    Doubt many actual players would care, it's more about the look of the company. Art style-wise it's still a lot easier to add generally revealing clothing such as robes with cleavage and short shorts, than it is to add an actual (plate) bikini. The person who asked the question suggested it could be added to stuff liek the transmog competition holiday, which would be awesome. Would be the perfect time to add fun, colorful stuff as well as a platebikini and moggable fish weapons.

And about druids, who knows - maybe an already existing Alliance race are going to get to be druids? Going to be interesting to see.
    Religious people (Christians at least) haven't been on a moral policing fit for a very long time. Even has an atheist I can recognize that. Western liberals are the responsible party.

As for things like realism or whether it "makes sense," if you're bringing realism into the argument were WoW is concerned you've already lost. Saying revealing plate armor isn't realistic next to pauldrons which belch fire or weapons bigger than the person wielding them is patently ridiculous. It betrays selective bias, not a logical argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    This was my question, and the shortened version here doesn't really give their response justice. They said it's hard to add them due to them being pretty divisive, but they were definitely looking to give us some more. When I passed one of the art guys in the hall later, he said they'd definitely work on it lol.
    Divisive is a pretty strong word when most everyone, man or woman, who rolls a female character wears it. Sounds like a corporate non-answer, but at least they don't sound entirely cucked in their design choices.

Screenshot:

That's not practical.

I think it isn't, anyway. Did they make the bayonetes like that at some point in history?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Screenshot:

That's not practical.
    almost every single weapon in game is impractical.

how this gun is somehow special is beyond my understanding

Formerly known as Arafal

Screenshot:

That's not practical.

I think it isn't, anyway. Did they make the bayonetes like that at some point in history?
    You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    almost every single weapon in game is impractical.

how this gun is somehow special is beyond my understanding
    The guy on stage said "it's something you can look at and say 'yeah, I could use that in real life'". If the blade was smaller and not sharp on its inner edge, I'd agree.

It's amazing how something that essentially was meant as a quip can be taken as a genuine gripe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Religious people (Christians at least) haven't been on a moral policing fit for a very long time. Even has an atheist I can recognize that. Western liberals are the responsible party.

As for things like realism or whether it "makes sense," if you're bringing realism into the argument were WoW is concerned you've already lost. Saying revealing plate armor isn't realistic next to pauldrons which belch fire or weapons bigger than the person wielding them is patently ridiculous. It betrays selective bias, not a logical argument.
    Art-style does not equal realism. Maybe it's different in the US, over here religious people are still loud in various media outlets. People make big money on attacking companies for these things, and even christian conservatives love easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And I could use my shoulder armor on my orc DK as a boat. So whats the problem?
    There's no problem. I just think it was weird/funny he said it could be practical in real life with a bayonet that oversized attached to it.

My comment was meant as a quip. Moving on.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-04 at 11:35 PM.

Art-style does not equal realism.
    That was my entire point. People argue you can't have so called "bikini plate" for two reasons: implied (ie: imaginary) sexism, or because it's not "realistic." The sexism argument has always been patently false. The realism argument hinges on the idea that art has to be a 1:1 of reality in order to be good. Realism in art design is not a requirement, it's a suggestion. One the artist can freely ignore. Some of the best stories ever told completely lack a realistic aesthetic.

TL;DR - The people against "bikini plate" are either paranoid about made up social issues or lack a complete understanding of the creative process. There is no good argument for why it can't be utilized as a design aesthetic.

People make big money on attacking companies for these things, and even christian conservatives love easy money.
    But Christian conservatives are not responsible for the current moral panic and content policing. Progressive leftists are. Conservatives have by and large been out of trying to police content creators for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    This was my question, and the shortened version here doesn't really give their response justice. They said it's hard to add them due to them being pretty divisive, but they were definitely looking to give us some more. When I passed one of the art guys in the hall later, he said they'd definitely work on it lol.
    As long as they keep them away from tier sets I'm happy. (I'm still 'mad' about the Radiant Glory chestpiece)

As long as they keep them away from tier sets I'm happy. (I'm still 'mad' about Radiant Glory on females)
    That's why transmog exists. Don't like it? Transmog it. Demanding it not exist because you subjectively dislike it is entitlement.

7+ Year Old Account
    That was my entire point. People argue you can't have so called "bikini plate" for two reasons: implied (ie: imaginary) sexism, or because it's not "realistic." The sexism argument has always been patently false. The realism argument hinges on the idea that art has to be a 1:1 of reality in order to be good. Realism in art design is not a requirement, it's a suggestion. One the artist can freely ignore. Some of the best stories ever told completely lack a realistic aesthetic.

TL;DR - The people against "bikini plate" are either paranoid about made up social issues or lack a complete understanding of the creative process. There is no good argument for why it can't be utilized as a design aesthetic.

But Christian conservatives are not responsible for the current moral panic and content policing. Progressive leftists are. Conservatives have by and large been out of trying to police content creators for a long time now.
    You still don't seem to realize the artstyle argument. It does not have anything to do with sexism or realism. It's about the overall presentation of the world they want to create. They themselves say it just wouldn't fit in very well with the rest of their designs.

You haven't seen how they use the progressive left as a "warning example" to people if they abandon God, and so on? The conservatives love the liberals, they work very well together in dividing people into two distinct groups. It's all just a game to control the masses.

That's why transmog exists. Don't like it? Transmog it. Demanding it not exist because you subjectively dislike it is entitlement.
    And demanding it be implemented because you subjectively like it isn't? Right back at ya, by the way: transmog your crappy slutmogs and leave the plate tiers alone.

Tiers are supposed to look elaborate and detailed. "Platekini" is as uncreative and unimaginative as it gets.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-04 at 11:49 PM.

You still don't seem to realize the artstyle argument. It does not have anything to do with sexism or realism. It's about the overall presentation of the world they want to create. They themselves say it just wouldn't fit in very well with the rest of their designs.
    Just because the artist said it doesn't mean the artist is right. Disney could have said, "Lightsabers don't fit into Star Wars' aesthetic" when they acquired Lucasfilm, but that wouldn't make them correct. The artist who said this compared to WoW's own aesthetic is simply wrong. Their position of authority does not change this fact.

And demanding it be implemented because you subjectively like it isn't? Tiers are supposed to look elaborate and detailed. "Platekini" is as uncreative and unimaginative as it gets.
    But I'm not demanding anything, am I? I'm stating simple objective truths. There's tons of armor sets I dislike in WoW. I simply don't use them, because the systems in place mean you're not forced to wear anything you don't like. That tier did look elaborate and detailed, and "platekinis" as you call them are no more uncreative and unimaginative than any other design. Stop using shallow buzzwords. It's obvious and shows you're not trying to argue in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They didn't actually say it quite like that. Its not planned for 8.0, but they are working on it for a patch.
    I am a little frustrated and waiting for it for a long time.

At least we have some other good news.

Stop using shallow buzzwords.
    Should I instead generalize people who don't like what I like as "angry, bitter feminists"?

It's obvious and shows you're not trying to argue in good faith.
    Neither is trying to pass off your very subjective opinion as objective fact.

Anyway, BlizzCon is still on. I'm out.

Should I instead generalize people who don't like what I like as "angry, bitter feminists"?
    An accurate description is not a generalization. If it hits too close to home for you, that's your problem.

Neither is trying to pass off your very subjective opinion as objective fact.
    Your inability to accept the truth does not validate your emotional appeal. You aren't forced to wear any armor you don't want to in WoW. Is this not truth? Does transmogging not exist all of a sudden because someone designed armor which triggered you? Equally, the fact is that no idea is uncreative or unimaginative. Only the execution of that idea. Armor regardless of how covering can be well or poorly designed. There is no such thing as a bad idea in art, and policing ideas says more about your abhorrent views of artistic liberty than it does about me trying to project subjectives as truth.

Anyway, BlizzCon is still on. I'm out.
    Thank you for conceding the point and admitting you have no argument worth making. I accept.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not practical.
    It's an axe that shoots.

Truly the spork of weapons.

So, will heritage armor be available for all classes the race can be?

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So, will heritage armor be available for all classes the race can be?
    Yes regardless of what armor type they can wear, so for example a Dark Iron Dwarf would be able to don a full plate set even as a spellcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Yes regardless of what armor type they can wear, so for example a Dark Iron Dwarf would be able to don a full plate set even as a spellcaster.
    Greatest news so far.