Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zandalari and Dark iron vs Legion allies

Straight to the point, the website seems to suggest that these two groups are in some way different. For one, we have no classes listed for the Zandalari and Dark irons whereas we know all of the other races' classes.
    The website also mentions specifically for the dark irons and Zandalari that we will be recruiting them throghout our war effort in the new continents. Does this mean that the legion races might be recruited prior to our arrival in the new continents (i.e: before BfA)? What is your take on this?

Context for the lazy: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I think it is more down to people not really knowing yet what they'll be for. You know, development.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i stil wonder why the fuck do a quest for dark iron when they are part of the alliance ?
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nah, I think it is more down to people not really knowing yet what they'll be for. You know, development.
    That possibility certainly crossed my mind, what makes me suspect otherwise is this quote from the link above
    Even more allies await in unexplored lands. As heroes of the Alliance adventure through Kul Tiras, they’ll have a chance to recruit the Dark Iron Dwarves. In Zandalar, champions of the Horde can convince the Zandalari Trolls to join them.
    Of course, this might just refer to the fact that they are the only two recruited from continents we've never been in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Straight to the point, the website seems to suggest that these two groups are in some way different. For one, we have no classes listed for the Zandalari and Dark irons whereas we know all of the other races' classes.
    The website also mentions specifically for the dark irons and Zandalari that we will be recruiting them throghout our war effort in the new continents. Does this mean that the legion races might be recruited prior to our arrival in the new continents (i.e: before BfA)? What is your take on this?

Context for the lazy: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races
    Because they probably haven’t decided yet which classes to give them. Or perhaps they want to keep some information to release later, and tells us more about them at th same time.

Deleted
    Zandalari is like the first male troll acceptable. They are what I wanted from the remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    i stil wonder why the fuck do a quest for dark iron when they are part of the alliance ?
    Yeh. That is what confuses me. Wasn't there that Blood in the Snow scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I'm sure we'll see more in the questing.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    It's also slightly awkward that both ally and horde go to their respective continents to recruit their most powerful faction, Kul tirans have unique models and yet the alliance somehow gets dark irons out of their efforts (which we have yet to even hear of having any sort of presence within Kul tiras lol)

It's also slightly awkward that both ally and horde go to their respective continents to recruit their most powerful faction, Kul tirans have unique models and yet the alliance somehow gets dark irons out of their efforts (which we have yet to even hear of having any sort of presence within Kul tiras lol)
    They implied that the next Alliance subrace will be Humans from Kul'tiras, and hinted that the next one for Horde will be Orcs. I think they postponed the KT Humans so that they can ship them with Orcs for that "Orcs vs Humans" theme

Well we know they are part of questlines to unlock them. We might even see the first 4 before the expo launches.
    The Zandalari we know we have to gain their trust. Perhaps the Dark iron are one of the major landing forces once again trying to prove they have changed and really want to be seen as equal footing as the wildhammer and bronzebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They implied that the next Alliance subrace will be Humans from Kul'tiras, and hinted that the next one for Horde will be Orcs. I think they postponed the KT Humans so that they can ship them with Orcs for that "Orcs vs Humans" theme
    Yeah, I just saw the straight orc mention in the Q&A, I can totally see it happening that way although I still find it a silly decision.

Deleted
    What do u guys think... if Dark Iron Dwarfs is totally other race from normal.. then Wildhammer will be too ? Thats just tattoos, cmon !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZujinART View Post
    What do u guys think... if Dark Iron Dwarfs is totally other race from normal.. then Wildhammer will be too ? Thats just tattoos, cmon !!
    Wildhammer are not magic users or believers of the Light, so no Priest, Mage, Warlock and Paladin for them. But they could be Druids.
    And thats one of the reasons why Lightforged Draenei ar not just a Customisation for Draenei. Lightforged can't be Monks or Shamans.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    Moira is pretty twitchy. I could see her demanding further favours before allowing any more of her forces to be actually recruited for general Alliance ops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZujinART View Post
    Wildhammers pretty much have to happen. But Blizzard have been terribly clever by saying "More Allied Races Later!", because they can put it off for quite a while.

If they do them as an Allied race (rather than just letting all Dwarves get tats with the "improved customization" that the Q&A said was coming), then I'd expect Warrior, Rogue, Shaman, Druid, Hunter, Monk classes, maaaaaaybe DK because they have been around a long time and some definitely got killed fighting the Scourge.

Dwarf Druid would be absolutely killer, but would mean more models for Blizzard to do.

Probably won't get Wildhammer as an allied race given you can already play a dwarf Shaman and that's their thing; I think you're more likely to get their tattoos as cosmetic options and get Iron Dwarves/Frostborn as allies.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Allied races won't end with the ones we're getting at BfA launch, fyi.

That possibility certainly crossed my mind, what makes me suspect otherwise is this quote from the link above Of course, this might just refer to the fact that they are the only two recruited from continents we've never been in.
    Dark Irons home is blackrock mountain lol

Their queen is the defacto head of Ironforge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Probably won't get Wildhammer as an allied race given you can already play a dwarf Shaman and that's their thing; I think you're more likely to get their tattoos as cosmetic options and get Iron Dwarves/Frostborn as allies.
    there will be a second dwarf option

if only to add Amani <reventusk> or taunka

Im hoping they add Vrykul for the Alliance and Ogres for the horde later on

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Im hoping they add Vrykul for the Alliance and Ogres for the horde later on
    alliance are not getting Vrykul

it's clearly Kul'Tirasians