Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sen. Rand Paul assaulted at his Kentucky home, man arrested

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ted/832663001/

Police say they've arrested a man who intentionally assaulted U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, causing a minor injury.

Rene Boucher, 59, of Bowling Green, is charged with one count of fourth-degree assault and is being held in the Warren County Detention Center, according to a news release from Kentucky State Police.

Police responded to a report of an assault at Paul's Warren County, Ky., residence just before 3:30 p.m. Friday. They determined Boucher had intentionally assaulted the junior senator, according to the release. It was not immediately clear what injury Paul suffered.

A spokeswoman for Paul's office said in an email that the senator was "blindsided."

"Senator Paul was blindsided and the victim of an assault," it stated. "The assailant was arrested and it is now a matter for the police. Senator Paul is fine."

The investigation is ongoing.

A court website shows that Boucher was booked Friday night just before 9 p.m. He's being held on $5,000 bond and there is no court date set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually people are going to figure out that the rich and the politicians are not serving their interests, any of their interests.

Historically, we can tell what happens to them when the poor figure this out.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    An assault on Bowling Green?

Kelly Ann Conway must be a confused time traveller from the future!

Though . . . I'm not sure that this qualifies as a massacre seeing as how no one died . . .
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Eventually people are going to figure out that the rich and the politicians are not serving their interests, any of their interests.

Historically, we can tell what happens to them when the poor figure this out.
    That's a very progressive response you have to violence against a political leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    That's a very progressive response you have to violence against a political leader.
    Violence founded this nation.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Anyone wants to play crazy right winger or antifa?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    He's not wrong. The same sentiment that led to the popularity of Sanders and Trump is only being fanned by the current administration and even more so by a tone-deaf Congress, through the policies and legislation they set. It's going to get a lot worse until certain colorful people stop defending, for example, upper class benefits on the basis of the wealth they create at the expense of the more than 50% of Americans on the shit end of the stick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    He's not wrong. The same sentiment that led to the popularity of Sanders and Trump is only being fanned by the current administration and even more so by a tone-deaf Congress, through the policies and legislation they set. It's going to get a lot worse until certain colorful people stop defending, for example, upper class benefits on the basis of the wealth they create at the expense of the more than 50% of Americans on the shit end of the stick.
    All this does is give the executive branch a justification for clamping down to maintain order. As far as the freedom vs order spectrum I would rather err on the side of freedom, but if you're saying violence is going to rise then an adjustment may be in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Violence founded this nation.
    Not only that, but everything good that exists in the world exists because of, at a bare minimum, the implicit threat of violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by degarmo View Post
    Not only that, but everything good that exists in the world exists because of, at a bare minimum, the implicit threat of violence.
    Indeed. Fundamentally peace only works if the alternative is violence to an intolerable degree. Hence such classic sayings as "If you want peace, prepare for war."

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Can't people just be crazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Probably not. Everyone's gotta be on one side or the other.

Me, I'd rather just wait until the facts are in rather than jump to conclusions about the attacker's motives.
    Putin khuliyo

No. You have to leave the good old days behind. We dont live in "isnt the other teams fault" times anymore.
    Looks like it was his neighbour, who he had one of these silly "my lawn" fights with.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post

Local news guy said something about the guy being his neighbor and them having some sort of problems in the past. Not clear if it was political.

Maybe just a feud between neighbors that the guy took too far?

Fox News had to sow the seeds though. They pointed out that he was a democrat yet I had to dig around for the info that Paul and this guy were arguing about land according to a neighbor.
    Last edited by SethRoguen; 2017-11-05 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Local news guy said something about the guy being his neighbor and them having some sort of problems in the past. Not clear if it was political.

Maybe just a feud between neighbors that the guy took too far?
    I'm sure that's what it is. Happened last night? Could have been a loud party or something. Details are extremely vague so I have a feeling that Rand Paul isn't entirely innocent here.

Also think he leaked the story himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm sure that's what it is. Happened last night? Could have been a loud party or something. Details are extremely vague so I have a feeling that Rand Paul isn't entirely innocent here.

Also think he leaked the story himself.

He is a registered Democrat and the right leaning sites have been pushing that hard. A neighbor stated that they were having a dispute related to land or something

He is a registered Democrat and the right leaning sites have been pushing that hard. A neighbor stated that they were having a dispute related to land or something
    Well they can keep pushing that hard if they want to, but I think that most people without a super biased/partisan lens can tell that it was likely an argument with a neighbor that got out of hand. Highly doubt politics is relevant here.

The Bowling Green Massacre!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox News had to sow the seeds though. They pointed out that he was a democrat yet I had to dig around for the info that Paul and this guy were arguing about land according to a neighbor.
    They're always the first to point out if the attacker is a Democrat or a Muslim. Every time.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The Bowling Green Massacre!
    I knew I'd seen Kelly Conway before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..