View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Do you have a source to go with that or did you type it yourself?
    https://www.ft.com/content/bafd65be-...a-2b93a6856354

It's a letter to the editor from December of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.ft.com/content/bafd65be-...a-2b93a6856354

It's a letter to the editor from December of 2016.
    It's behind a paywall, but I guess if you confirm it is there then, but letters to the editor are opinion pieces that commonly disagree with what the editor has published.
    That would mean that Floopa's own source is proof that her claims are wrong.

It's behind a paywall, but I guess if you confirm it is there then, but letters to the editor are opinion pieces that commonly disagree with what the editor has published.
    That would mean that Floopa's own source is proof that her claims are wrong.
    http://archive.is/5yKEZ

Strange, it popped up for me without issue at first but now I'm seeing the paywall as well. Oh well, archived link above which should be viewable by anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    today arch remoaner and political news correspondent for ITV finally admitted that Brexit voters are on the right side of history.

as more good news comes out, people are enjoying the fruits of Brexit Britain far more. even remoaner Mark Carney can't stop the Brexit Boom.

even the FT are finally coming on board:
    Anyone who uses the phrase "right side of history" isn't someone you want to listen to.

As for that quotation from the Financial Times, it's a letter to the editor, it doesn't reflect the opinions of the Financial Times at all, just the opinions of Keith Craig from London.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Anyone who uses the phrase "right side of history" isn't someone you want to listen to.

As for that quotation from the Financial Times, it's a letter to the editor, it doesn't reflect the opinions of the Financial Times at all, just the opinions of Keith Craig from London.
    Also i question his use of the words finally coming on board when that letter was from back in december...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Also i question his use of the words finally coming on board when that letter was from back in december...
    And all it did back then was show how the FT wasn't "on board".
    So maybe she wanted to demonstrate the "finally" part of her post and forgot a second source for them being "on board" now?
    Because that requires them not having been on board before.

Or maybe it is an underlying problem with understanding the English language and how calendars work (as demonstrated in previous posts of hers), that would explain why she want to move to France so badly.

15+ Year Old Account
    And all it did back then was show how the FT wasn't "on board".
    So maybe she wanted to demonstrate the "finally" part of her post and forgot a second source for them being "on board" now?
    Because that requires them not having been on board before.

Or maybe it is an underlying problem with understanding the English language and how calendars work (as demonstrated in previous posts of hers), that would explain why she want to move to France so badly.
    Floopa is a woman? Damn, i thought only men could be this oblivious.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Floopa is a woman? Damn, i thought only men could be this oblivious.
    Meanwhile in Austria https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...51201025970176 looks like they want control of their borders just like the British. How long before an in/out eu referendum there?

As Britain quietly turns it back and leaves the EU in just over a year without paying its bill, how exactly will Europe fill this £20bn black hole in EU finances?

Isn't the EU in such a mess?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Meanwhile in Austria https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/sta...51201025970176 looks like they want control of their borders just like the British. How long before an in/out eu referendum there?
    Chances for an eu-referendum in austria: 0%.

As i already told you, even the FPÖ (the only party actually talking about leaving the EU for about a month or two) told Farage to shut up talking about a possible Auxit.

As Britain quietly turns it back and leaves the EU in just over a year without paying its bill, how exactly will Europe fill this £20bn black hole in EU finances?

Isn't the EU in such a mess?
    The UK will going to fill that "black hole" so they keep the ability to competitively sell their stuff within the EU.

Edit: i appreciate your attempt at reinforcing my shattered belief, noted
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2017-11-04 at 04:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chances for an eu-referendum in austria: 0%.

As i already told you, even the FPÖ (the only party actually talking about leaving the EU for about a month or two) told Farage to shut up talking about a possible Auxit.
    Just for clarity so we know, FPÖ = UKIP with strudel. The only option for a functioning government in Austria involves them, yet you say an Auxit isn't possible?

We will see.

The UK will going to fill that "black hole" so they keep the ability to competitively sell their stuff within the EU.
    The EU is no nearer getting a bean from the UK than it was 18 months ago, if anything they are further away from agreement. So again how will the EU fill that £20bn black hole in its finances? They won't get it from the UK.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    The thing i've noticed about a lot of Leavers, is that they obsess over figures.

Do you know what the 20bn "hole" in the EU finances equates to? One month of trade between the UK and the rest of the EU.

20bn is a drop of water in an ocean, it's nothing on the level you are talking.

The same way our membership fees that keep getting thrown around were absolutely nothing compared to what they bought.

But you don't understand that because all you and the rest of the Leavers see is short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    today arch remoaner and political news correspondent for ITV finally admitted that Brexit voters are on the right side of history.

as more good news comes out, people are enjoying the fruits of Brexit Britain far more. even remoaner Mark Carney can't stop the Brexit Boom.

even the FT are finally coming on board:
    That's pretty pathetic, man. Seriously, is that all you cling to these days? That's it?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted

Oh Jesus Christ does this really need to be explained. Fucking hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing i've noticed about a lot of Leavers, is that they obsess over figures.

Do you know what the 20bn "hole" in the EU finances equates to? One month of trade between the UK and the rest of the EU.

The same way our membership fees that keep getting thrown around were absolutely nothing compared to what they bought.

But you don't understand that because all you and the rest of the Leavers see is short term.
    Except 20bn in cash is not equal to 20bn in trade, I mean you do get that right? If there is 400bn of trade with a net profit margin of 5% that equals 20bn in cash. Are you only pro-remain because you don't understand basic maths? It would explain a lot....

They don't have real arguments to show they're side is the sane and rational one. They bullshit, change their stances at a moments notice if it helps their agenda and use phrases like "Remoaners." like it means something in a rational debate. They're like Trump extremists except outside of 4-8 years of issues in the US this is going to cause the UK issues for 20-30 years if nothing is done to stop this madness (Which can be stopped tomorrow if someone with a rational mind took control of the conservatives.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They don't have real arguments to show they're side is the sane and rational one. They bullshit, change their stances at a moments notice if it helps their agenda and use phrases like "Remoaners." like it means something in a rational debate. They're like Trump extremists except outside of 4-8 years of issues in the US this is going to cause the UK issues for 20-30 years if nothing is done to stop this madness (Which can be stopped tomorrow if someone with a rational mind took control of the conservatives.)
    Trump's not done, yet. I'm still waiting for water to be replaced by actual Gatorade. Because, you know... electrolytes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just for clarity so we know, FPÖ = UKIP with strudel.
    Nonsense, FPÖ is around for more than 60 years and is about more than just one topic, they talked about Auxit when it suited them and dropped it the second they've seen the disaster you guys brought upon yourself. You really never know what you're talking about.

The only option for a functioning government in Austria involves them, yet you say an Auxit isn't possible?

We will see.
    They aren't the only option and as i told you, they dropped talking about Auxit over a year ago, thanks to you guys.

They aren't the only option and as i told you, they dropped talking about Auxit over a year ago, thanks to you guys.
    It's funny how literally everyone stopped talking about exits, innit? "Oh shit, they really mean it... they actually ARE calling the bluffs!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you craft something perfect and flawless on the first or even the 10th try, certainly not. You make something flawed and you build upon it, you improve it.

If you break something everytime you find it imperfect, and start completely anew, you never get anywhere.

I believe the EU is the nth steps toward a great Europe continent, it can be improved, but only if we work together to make it better.

Saying "it's broken, i'm out of here", like the british did, it leads nowhere, it's a giant step backward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's funny how literally everyone stopped talking about exits, innit? "Oh shit, they really mean it... they actually ARE calling the bluffs!"
    Of course they have stopped talking about it, ask Carlos Puidgemont what happens if you do. No wonder people in Europe are too scared to discuss exiting any more, the EU makes North Korea seem democratic by comparison.

As for the EU not falling apart? http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...usands-protest Those good folks in North Catalonia might disagree. Lets just hope the EU forces there are a little more restrained than they were in Spain and grand-père and grand-mère in perpignan don't get clubbed round the head, thrown down stairs or shot.