Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Backpack Size in the Q&A

Did I miss additional information anywhere, did they explain how/why backpack size is tied to authenticators or is the answer on the front page just worded oddly?

That's what Blizzard said. More bag space if you have an authenticator linked to account. Sounds kinda dumb but w.e

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    Did I miss additional information anywhere, did they explain how/why backpack size is tied to authenticators or is the answer on the front page just worded oddly?
    Just more incentive to use it.

Back in the day when they introduced the authenticator, they gave us a pet (I forget which one) for linking it up. I'm assuming they want to reinforce this to help with account security so if you're tied to an authenticator it will give you benefits like that.

I already have an authenticator, it just seemed like a really odd comment. They always said increasing the original backpack size was difficult code wise or something because of it being part of the old code. Just didn't understand the connection they're making to authenticators being part of it. If it's just an incentive thing then that's fine I guess, just seemed like a really odd connection based on the Q&A.

I already have an authenticator, it just seemed like a really odd comment. They always said increasing the original backpack size was difficult code wise or something because of it being part of the old code. Just didn't understand the connection they're making to authenticators being part of it. If it's just an incentive thing then that's fine I guess, just seemed like a really odd connection based on the Q&A.
    The later redacted the coding statement after discovering it would be easier than they thought. They are tying increased backpack size to an authenticator to encourage people to use it. It would save Blizzard so much time and money if every account used an authenticator, and never got hacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

it's a good incentive. why not? if you dont have an authenticator, why not? its literally free on your phone.

Lol @ real money for increased backpack size. Wtf is blizz even doing? This BlizzCon was hella disappointing.

if you dont have an authenticator you are just hurting yourself anyway, hook one up and get free bag slots

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Lol @ real money for increased backpack size. Wtf is blizz even doing? This BlizzCon was hella disappointing.
    authenticator app is free

Bot accounts don't usually have an authenticator.
    Reducing their bag space doesn't do very much but hey, more than nothing. And it's free. And you should have an authenticator.

Deleted
    i hope i'm not the only one who won't install their shitty app, i don't need to be tracked by blizz 24/7 outside of the game too

How is it real money? The mobile authenticator is 100% free, and you just need to have an Android or iOS smartphone (and I think even tablets will work too). 99% of the player base has that. It only costs money if you want to order the old physical authenticator dongle, and I don't see why you would if you have a phone.

This incentive tells me that there is still a sizeable portion of the community that still doesn't use two factor authentication.

I can kinda semi understand why years ago...authenticators cost money.

But now, I can only assume it's a education issue -- people don't know about authenticators.

Like this guy.

I would guess they found a way to do it and since there are alot of people who are getting their accounts compromised they want to try to push out those authenticators even more.

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    i hope i'm not the only one who won't install their shitty app, i don't need to be tracked by blizz 24/7 outside of the game too
    then use the keychain device?

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    I doubt you're interesting enough for them to care about tracking you dw.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Not doing it. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Other games have a similar feature with authentication attached to the account. Doesn't really surprise me.
    Hell, SWTOR gives away free premium currency for each month if you have an authenticator attached, and it is a big word, we're talking about moneygrab lvl 999 SWTOR.

Not disappointing in the slightest when it comes to needless tears from people grasping for any chance to be negative Nancies.

Paying "real money" would be a choice you make, seeing as how there's a free-of-charge alternative. Not sure how anyone can be so naive to not have an authenticator though...

"It's a technical limitation we unintentionally put in because our programmers are shitty and lazy and we believe everything they tell us, and since our programmers are in fact shitty and lazy, they tell us it's an insurmountable technical hurdle, so fuck all of you." --Blizzard's response to it originally.

"It's a technical limitation we intentionally put in place because we're fucking twats. And as a fucking twat, which is code for game designer, we HAVE to add SOMETHING to the stuff we give you, else we're bad fucking twats! Plus this way when we remove this idiotic limitation, you'll shower us with praise for it! Go us!" --Blizzard now.