Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    White beans in tomato sauce. Straight out of the can.

10+ Year Old Account
    What....what is wrong with you people XD

10+ Year Old Account
    how is a personal choice considered wierd by yourself if you like it?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

honeycomb tripe with vinegar its odd but nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    So, most of these just seem to be throwing a condiment on something one wouldn't expect... boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm going to try hot sauce on ice cream, in honor of this thread. Later tonight.
    Isn't that the same XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    What....what is wrong with you people XD
    Ironic comment

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I like making Over-the-Top Ramen.
    Basically a pack of Top Ramen noodles, with fresh mushrooms, scallions, and red pepper flakes. Minus the flavor pack. Then microwave an egg on top.

Makes for a nice 3 minute lunch.
    I do the same thing but instead of mushrooms I add plenty of spinach! So delicious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Black Licorice
    I have seen a number of warnings about black licorice being really bad for you, particularly if you're over 40. Seriously do a quick google.

I like corned beef dipped in a combo of mustard and sour cream. That's about the weirdest thing I can think that I eat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bacon fried with a tiny bit of soy sauce. It has to be a salty soy sauce. Pref something to match the taste of the bacon. If you do it right...you enhance the taste of the bacon. Never heard of anyone doing this before.... so yea, absolutely love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    I have seen a number of warnings about black licorice being really bad for you, particularly if you're over 40. Seriously do a quick google.
    https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ar...455118013.html

Says over 40, 2 ounces a day, could cause heart defects. It's like a once a month thing for me and I'm 32, so I should be fine for now - but thanks for the heads up that's disconcerting!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "black licorice" but dude, if it was bad for us, Finns wouldn't exist. We eat metric funtons of salmiakki every year. Whatever you've found googling is complete and utter bullshit.

But I mean hey, even water is bad for you. You can get cancer from water, and you can kill yourself drinking water.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-11-05 at 02:33 AM.

... I rather enjoy the texture and taste of the treats I've bought for my Hamsters... dried peas, flattened... <.<

Smoked oysters on fritos scoops.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Isn't that the same XD
    No. It's going to be an adventure, as I haven't tried it yet. Just wondering which of the 20+ kinds of hot sauce I have to use, and which flavor of ice cream to pair it with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "black licorice" but dude, if it was bad for us, Finns wouldn't exist.
    "Licorice" is the flavor, and the product is black. In the US we also have a red variety that's strawberry flavored that looks the same, and is also referred to (wrongly) as licorice. Thus the distinction.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    No. It's going to be an adventure, as I haven't tried it yet. Just wondering which of the 20+ kinds of hot sauce I have to use, and which flavor of ice cream to pair it with.
    As I mentioned somewhere recently, take a nice, ripe pepper and cut it into the finest threads you can manage. Use them to garnish the ice cream or a good sorbet. For ice cream, I suggest something chocolate or mint. Sundae suggestion -- one scoop chocolate, one scoop mint, hot fudge, pepper threads, cashews.

bungee may have spent high school and part of college working at sunbathing birds. Guinness also makes a good milkshake.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    As I mentioned somewhere recently, take a nice, ripe pepper and cut it into the finest threads you can manage. Use them to garnish the ice cream or a good sorbet. For ice cream, I suggest something chocolate or mint. Sundae suggestion -- one scoop chocolate, one scoop mint, hot fudge, pepper threads, cashews.
    Sounds wise -- I was thinking mango sorbet with a habanero sauce I have. The only peppers I have right now are bell peppers and a few jalapenos... that doesn't seem right.

Chocolate and chili peppers is a good combination, I know well. Also chocolate and cinnamon. Also chocolate and bacon. Also.... just chocolate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking mango sorbet with a habanero sauce I have.
    It is hard to go wrong with mango and habanero.

and a few jalapenos... that doesn't seem right.
    I'm guessing those are pickled jalapenos, leaving the vinegar and texture as problems. A problem is a puzzle that hasn't been solved yet!

Hmmmm ... stem 'em, stuff 'em with cream cheese, fry 'em as jalapeno poppers, half 'em, garnish that mango sorbet, and to complete the horror of it all ... dust lightly with coco? Add some lime zest too?

I'd be gambling on the cream cheese in the poppers bridging the vinegar, and frying to lessen the rubbery crunch. Some bitterness from the coco and maybe the tang from the lime zest to make the clash less jarring. Quite easily horrible if the poppers aren't just right, but it might be workable. <bungee checks, yep on the other side of the planet> Maybe a couple of shots of tequila to clear your pallet first!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    It is hard to go wrong with mango and habanero.

I'm guessing those are pickled jalapenos, leaving the vinegar and texture as problems. A problem is a puzzle that hasn't been solved yet!

Hmmmm ... stem 'em, stuff 'em with cream cheese, fry 'em as jalapeno poppers, half 'em, garnish that mango sorbet, and to complete the horror of it all ... dust lightly with coco? Add some lime zest too?
    The jalapenos are just the whole fruit (yes, chilis are fruits). They're left over from the jalapeno popper burger I think we discussed recently.

How about some jalapenos dipped in chocolate? Some citrus zest would work, I think...

10+ Year Old Account
    @belfpala Wait, they ain't even pickled? Run with it! No need to complicate things beyond dipping them in chocolate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few years back when i worked overseas i used to eat Balut eggs (not going to show images, its disgusting for those with a weak stomach). Despite the look of the damn eggs, the taste is actually not so bad.