Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That description sounds like it is toggleable or similar - so I'm not sure how you're getting that it isn't. The mechanism is subject to iteration and change, sure, we're not even in Beta yet. But at the end of the day they don't want it to be permanently toggled and want to allow the player some freedom. What they're talking about at the end seems to be the automatic toggle in combat, not the actual player-invoked toggle. That's how the Worgen currently work with their "Two Forms" racial ability and having to transform automatically when entering combat, meaning the Void Elves may not have the automatic toggle in combat as Worgen do, or may automatically invoke their Voidform under certain conditions (outside of being toggled).
    No it doesn't sound like it's toggable. It literally says right now they look normal outside of combat and look voided in combat and says nothing about being voided outside of combat being possible. To add the presenter says "something passive like shadow priests?" And that's when he says they might make it activateable.

You shouldn't assume it's toggable outside combat unless they say. Right now it isn't but could change based off beta feedback
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    No it doesn't sound like it's toggable. It literally says right now they look normal outside of combat and look voided in combat and says nothing about being voided outside of combat being possible. To add the presenter says "something passive like shadow priests?" And that's when he says they might make it activateable.

You shouldn't assume it's toggable outside combat unless they say. Right now it isn't but could change based off beta feedback
    Probably shouldn't assume anything just yet, except that both forms will be available in some fashion somehow. The Q&A and this info seem to be in conflict - perhaps we will know more later.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If they have a forced voidform in combat, that seriously shatters my excitement for this race, and possibly the expansion. I might just switch to Horde, because I've been holding out for a "normal" elf race on the Alliance for umm 13 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    If they have a forced voidform in combat, that seriously shatters my excitement for this race, and possibly the expansion. I might just switch to Horde, because I've been holding out for a "normal" elf race on the Alliance for umm 13 years now.
    Do you want to play with blue-eyed elves? most likely they are added as blood elf customization

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Probably shouldn't assume anything just yet, except that both forms will be available in some fashion somehow. The Q&A and this info seem to be in conflict - perhaps we will know more later.
    They don't conflict, the one mmochampion posted is simply not the full question and answers and because of that context and tone can be misconstrued if you didn't watch it. What I posted was the exact quote from the virtual ticket panel as I reminded it and double checked.

I know why they do it, it simplifies it and cuts out "hi I'm from x server AND MUH GUILDS SO KUL!" but sometimes people misconstrued what is said without context

It's also possible they don't have a "high elf form" and he misunderstood what the lady meant since his response could be taken to mean they have a voided out alleria like shadowform type form where they're fully purple glowy elves and outside of combat they look like the screenshots.

Either way I got my blood/high elves on alliance with an extra dose of Beetlejuice thrown in and I'm happy
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Ian Bates‏ @TheredShirtGuy
    @TheredShirtGuy
    @springTheElf @Volardelis
    The Void Elves aren't high elves, they're blood elves that were kicked out of Silvermoon and decided to rejoin the Alliance, as well.
    https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...39397173719040

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    @TheredShirtGuy
    The Void Elves aren't high elves, they're blood elves that were kicked out of Silvermoon and decided to rejoin the Alliance, as well.
    blood elves and high elves are the same thing

@TheredShirtGuy
    Are u consider redshirguy as bluepost?

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    @TheredShirtGuy

he play the alpha in the blizzcon will not give false information

hes not from blizzard but hes not someone known to lie either. he tends to be pretty clear when hes speculating, this is what he saw/read in the demo but wasnt allowed to take pictures of it

@TheredShirtGuy

he play the alpha in the blizzcon will not give false information
    Blood elf and void elf is same thing, both are subrace of highelf

Blood elf and void elf is same thing, both are subrace of highelf
    yes! the same thing that's why I hope to have blue eyes my elf paladin very soon

yes! the same thing that's why I hope to have blue eyes my elf paladin very soon
    getting bloodelf with wings in void form is far better than getting bloodelf with only different eye color

getting bloodelf with wings in void form is far better than getting bloodelf with only different eye color
    if you want to play with vampire skin void corrupt enjoy it, I stay with my normal elves

if you want to play with vampire skin void corrupt enjoy it, I stay with my normal elves
    oh, i will

nope, I play on PVE servers and I'm going to use the PVE mode

Ever since he owned metzen and Alex at blizzcon 2010, I consider him a blue post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Sigh. If Void Elves happened, it would be a subrace for Blood Elves. Alliance people, if you are so set on playing a White skin color Elf, you have to play Horde - sorry.
    this is amazing

what i want to know, is, was the wip datamined stuff on purpose or did someone get fired?

i think the kul tiras stuff was on purpose but i think someone got in trouble over this one, the only sub races not leaked were dark iron and zandalari