Thread: Calling it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I will play BUT not in a hardcore raider tier like back in the day... can´t afford that anymore (have a life now xD)

By far the most memorable aspect of the Classic announcement is reading all of these bizarrely angry/resentful screeds.

Some people are going to be able to play Vanilla legit. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I loved classic/vanilla but not enough to disregard progress and development.
    It's a good think it won't hinder progress and development, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    You're assuming they are going to just throw it on a patch and tell people to play. Which is not what they are doing. You don't need development if you are just going to wind up some old servers to throw people on.

From the interviews I've watched it sounds like its going to be a hybrid of vanilla features and content but QoL changes and probably balance changes to make the game appealing.

People that are expecting 100% vanilla from 2004 are going to be in for a rude awakening since that is not what is being released.
    Well actually there's contradicting information from what you've stated and what Blizzard said in the Q&A. They're not sure they should make buffing people easier, as drinking after buffing each individual was part of the 'classic' Vanilla experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post

People that are expecting 100% vanilla from 2004 are going to be in for a rude awakening since that is not what is being released.
    J. Allen Brack: ...part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.

I guess everyone is forgetting vanilla servers have been available for some time and have been immensely popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    It's a good think it won't hinder progress and development, then.
    I wasn't talking about hindering, mate. I was just saying it is basically not relevant enough to play anymore, as I like to see story progress and games develop.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wasn't talking about hindering, mate. I was just saying it is basically not relevant enough to play anymore, as I like to see story progress and games develop.
    Do you ever replay/rewatch games/movies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post
    Most people who cried for vanilla servers will NOT even play it!

Why? Because most vanilla whiners were NOT even born when it was live (if you're an adult and have had that kind of childish behavior for the past years, you should seek medical help).
    you should recheck how old you think adults are to how long ago wow was launched

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    J. Allen Brack: ...part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.
    they also said they assume bugs like server crashes would be fixed
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Do you ever replay/rewatch games/movies?
    Yup, I do. Doesn't change my opinion, I never said I disliked classic. But just like replay/rewatching things, classic holds no purpose other than another attraction at the museum, just like rewatch and replay is just another one-go entertainment again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    they also said they assume bugs like server crashes would be fixed
    And here I hoped they would fake disconnections and crashes now and then. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    And here I hoped they would fake disconnections and crashes now and then. Hehe.
    If I don't get randomly disconnected every 45 seconds when fighting a world boss I will write a long, angry post on the forums. D:
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    If I don't get randomly disconnected every 45 seconds when fighting a world boss I will write a long, angry post on the forums. D:
    I remember, there used to be a little rock right outside Orgrimmar, if you were mounted and hit it, you crashed. As well, there was a small square of nothing in the Searing Gorge, if you jumped into it, you would teleport to the Stormwind Mage tower.

Deleted

Why? Because most vanilla whiners were NOT even born when it was live (if you're an adult and have had that kind of childish behavior for the past years, you should seek medical help).
    If this post is bait then it's 1/5 but the irony is 4/5. Considering your post history you probably don't know what irony means so guess you just forgot to take your medicine. Correct me if you tried to be ironic

Deleted

"most vanilla whiners were NOT even born when it was live"
    You do realize it was only 11 years ago that we went into tbc? And love to see the profe for this since you claim it as a fact and not a opinion

"Who the fuck is saying I do not want it?!" Prity much this answer: "When you make a thread calling out people who wanted something by insulting them and telling them they are not real fans, it is fair to surmise that you yourself are not a fan."
    "Can you even read or are you just mentally ill?"
    have not seen a more teenage response in a long time, good for you, school being hard to?