Poll: Was Clark Kent an illegal immigrant?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Well, he’s not human.

He’s not a foreign national.

He was passed off as the Kent’s child and I am sure there is various lore as to the specifics.

So until we have interplanetary refugee status law I have to say it’s very uncertain.

I would equate it more to the status of a stray animal.
    That's a good point. First we need to figure out if he's covered by Human Rights...being as he's not human and what not. Either way though, there's no government mandate on deportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    https://img1.etsystatic.com/111/0/11...29621_cdyo.jpg
    Is Clark Kent an illegal immigrant?

More importantly how would his arrival go down today for the Kent’s?
    Yes he is an illegal alien. He could, however, probably claim refugee status...but he's never done so. On top of that he using fake legal documents and is therefore also guilty of fraud.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Ok but they have to say where they got him correct?
    Who would have to say? Clark gets to stay because he's a Dreamer. There's no other "they" that would need to get involved.

15+ Year Old Account
    A farm boy working as a beat reporter on a city desk is wealthy? That’s comic book material right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes he is an illegal alien. He could, however, probably claim refugee status...but he's never done so. On top of that he using fake legal documents and is therefore also guilty of fraud.
    Those documents were never proven to be fake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course he is, but how the hell do you deport him back to krypton? Would cost more than it's worth, and he seems to earn his keep, unlike some other illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Considering he arrived as a baby/child with no guardian, and that deporting him isn't exactly an option, I'd say his immigration status is pretty moot.
    We're canceling DACA, so he's fucked. La Migra will tell him to leave. Russia would probably take him on probationary status.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I love this thread already. A lot of legitimately amusing responses.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    A farm boy working as a beat reporter on a city desk is wealthy? That’s comic book material right there.
    I'm guessing Schwarzkopf believes Sups is paying a mortgage on his giant snow castle. Especially if that's just his summer home.

He came to earth as a baby, was given to an orphanage with no information available about his birth family, and then adopted by an American family.

He's a citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - he is white, male, wealthy and powerful ... not only is he legal, he is a 100% citizen.
    He is not white he’s an extra terrestrial. He has white skin and works as a freelance reporter who bring down 60k a year which is averaging however considering he spends all his time saving people I’m not sure how good he is or other income he can supplement it with. He also arrived via space ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I love this thread already. A lot of legitimately amusing responses.
    You’re welcome
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

He is not white
    Of course he is white ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I mean by definition he IS an illegal immigrant/alien/whatever you want to call him.

Not that anyone really gives a shit since he's sorta saving people and shit.

Actors that play him that are white != him being white. I mean fuck, he's not even human.

Are we going to call all non-black aliens white/caucasian too?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

He is not white he’s an extra terrestrial. He has white skin and works as a freelance reporter who bring down 60k a year which is averaging however considering he spends all his time saving people I’m not sure how good he is or other income he can supplement it with. He also arrived via space ship.
    Well, that last part explains how he got over the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    He came to earth as a baby, was given to an orphanage with no information available about his birth family, and then adopted by an American family.

He's a citizen.
    I’m fairly certain immigration might disagree with that assessment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Well, that last part explains how he got over the wall.
    Lmfao. Well it’s a good thing he’s not a rapist.

I’m fairly certain immigration might disagree with that assessment.
    Uh, no. He was adopted from an orphanage. Legally. That's in the comics.

Nobody knew where he came from, and he has papers showing that was adopted. He's a citizen. That's literally how that works.

Could that storyline work out the same way now in the world of DNA tests and shit that would show he isn't human? Absolutely not. But that storyline is from the 1930s.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean by definition he IS an illegal immigrant/alien/whatever you want to call him.

Not that anyone really gives a shit since he's sorta saving people and shit.
    Nah. No baby with an undocumented/unproveable heritage would be deported. Baby with no folks shows up in the U.S. is basically going to be given citizenship and put through the foster system.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what way please elaborate. His DNA is from another planet.

The bigger problem is that he's not human.

Law doesn't automatically apply to non-humans; it depends on a lot of definitions, mostly regarding personhood. A non-person cannot be an immigrant (legal or otherwise), but would fall into other categories. Probably animal, since in the US that's usually defined as a non-human creature capable of self-motion. A court would then decide to grant personhood (which seems a very easy ruling), and THEN you could talk about immigration, illegal or otherwise. The situation is tricky for those who enter the US not out of their own volition (like babies), which is in part what DREAM is supposed to cover.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm guessing Schwarzkopf believes Sups is paying a mortgage on his giant snow castle. Especially if that's just his summer home.
    Yes, but to what jurisdiction?