Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Sadly, there's no PK in WoW :'(

That's what made WoW wPvP not worth it when WoW was released. In other games you could PK and/or train people and delvl them due to XP loss on death, or even make them lose their gear due to a high chance of gear drop on death (ofc, only if you trained them), but WoW was a safe space from the get go. No major drama, no one was quitting the game over losing few levels that took ages to grind back and so on.

I think the only satisfying aspect of WoW wPvP is sap-trolling, it's REALLY annoying, much more annoying than just being killed.
    Good thing modern MMOs got rid of that cancer.

Fortunately, it can still be found in early access MMOs for those that love 'trolling'.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    No, they're not.
    Frostmourne would like a world with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    With PvP servers going away and it being toggle only, ganking lowbies will no longer be possible as I highly doubt many lowbies will enable pvp. So I'm gonna use the rest of legion to enjoy this great past time while I still can.
    ah well now we have the reason why that feature is going away. ppl like you.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Never understood the desire to do what's posted in the OP.
    Yup. Exact opposite of satisfying.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Not my fault they made a conscious choice to roll on a pvp server.
    "Not my fault she was wearing such a short skirt and got herself drunk."

-Also you, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Good thing modern MMOs got rid of that cancer.

Fortunately, it can still be found in early access MMOs for those that love 'trolling'.
    Well, being a PK came w/ a punishment in form of drastically increased XP loss or gear drop chance or both while being red. So unless you managed to wash off karma/PK points/etc, you're in trouble.

It's fun. I've seen both victims and unlucky PKers who lost everything rage-quitting the game, like seriously and properly raging, not just alt-f4-ing.

But to each his own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    "Not my fault she was wearing such a short skirt and got herself drunk."

-Also you, probably.
    Careful with that edge, you'll cut yourself.

He's right though, people who chose a PVP server over PVE should accept ganking as a possibility and not whinge about it. There was always an option to choose PVE.

If you have to go to an area where you outrank your opponents by what 80 - 100 levels, does that mean you're really bad at pvp? If you can only win against those who can't fight back...

Well, being a PK came w/ a punishment in form of drastically increased XP loss or gear drop chance or both while being red. So unless you managed to wash off karma/PK points/etc, you're in trouble.

It's fun. I've seen both victims and unlucky PKers who lost everything rage-quitting the game, like seriously and properly raging, not just alt-f4-ing.

But to each his own, I guess.
    PK is short for player kill. You can kill people in WoW, therefore PKing does exist. The fact that WoW has very little consequence to getting PK'd is a good thing. It's purely for sport, sometimes it's just a display of dominance.

Whatever the case you can't say you don't PK in WoW just because there's not some dramatic punishment system in the game. It's PK because it's PvP.

It's not as fun as it used to be to gank them. Really looking forward to ganking them on Classic though, a lot more enjoyable to do it in Vanilla when you know that an army of 60's can come to their aid any moment unlike nowadays where people just don't care.

With PvP servers going away and it being toggle only, ganking lowbies will no longer be possible as I highly doubt many lowbies will enable pvp. So I'm gonna use the rest of legion to enjoy this great past time while I still can.
    A ton of people will turn on pvp while leveling, with an xp bonus, a huge amount of people will just turn on pvp and take the risk. Even people who wouldn't have pvp on at max level, would switch it on just for the faster leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    PK is short for player kill. You can kill people in WoW, therefore PKing does exist. The fact that WoW has very little consequence to getting PK'd is a good thing. It's purely for sport, sometimes it's just a display of dominance.

Whatever the case you can't say you don't PK in WoW just because there's not some dramatic punishment system in the game. It's PK because it's PvP.
    Damn, just because you can kill a player doesn't mean it's a proper PK system.

PK is a subsystem of PvP that has its own set of rules, there's only PvP system in WoW, well, the only time WoW had some sort of PK system is when we had dishonorable kills which are long gone now.

PK system simply doesn't work w/o punishment/risk for PKers, it's anything but PK.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-05 at 07:11 AM.

I think I'm going back to rogue tbh. Rewards for enabling PvP? yes please. Maybe I'll go void elf. I like the rogue animations for female blood elves and the void theme fits subtlety perfectly.

Damn, just because you can kill a player doesn't mean it's a proper PK system.

PK is a subsystem of PvP that has its own set of rules, there's only PvP system in WoW, well, the only time WoW had some sort of PK system is when we had dishonorable kills which are long gone now.

PK system simply doesn't work w/o punishment/risk for PKers, it's anything but PK.
    None of what you said is true there. That's your idea of pking because you got this from runescape. PK doesn't require a punishment or risk. It requires being able to pk.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    None of what you said is true there. That's your idea of pking because you got this from runescape. PK doesn't require a punishment or risk. It requires being able to pk.
    Are you serious now?

Wish it's 2004 so I could use WoWkid as an offensive term again...

i used to park 3-4 different max level and gear toons near where I am leveling just to counter-gank people like you and hunt you down like a dirty dog in the streets.

No "you rolled on PvP server so too bad" arguments. that only applies to same level wPvP. a lowbie who offers less resistance than the lousiest mob in the least dangerous area at your own level, is not counted as PvP, but merely griefing. No argument you can put forth to validate yourself would be logical in any sense.

I am so glad that Blizz is taking that away from kids like you.

Ion said something in the presentation about toggling pvp on giving bonus exp/rep (this wasn't included in the mmo-champion notes about the event). I'd imagine a lot of people leveling gladly risk getting ganked for 10-20% bonus exp.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Ion said something in the Q/A about toggling pvp on giving bonus exp/rep. I'd imagine a lot of people leveling gladly risk getting ganked for 10-20% bonus exp.
    IIRC, he didn't really specify what kind of bonuses they're talking about.

He said exp/rep, though from the sounds of it it was no where near final.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lowbies? how boring, ganking outlands is so 5 years ago bro. Why do that when you can 1shot fellow 110s in Legion.

I will however be ganking in argus like a fucking madman, no mercy since all servers will be pve soon lol! What's funny is I notice a lot more active wpvp, literally zero fucks given right now by anybody. Waypoints constantly camped ahah my personal favorite is to sit in stealth near a popular WQ elite and create a lfg to drop a bunch of alliance on some unsuspecting horde. Soon to be impossible I suppose

I am really looking forward to the new opt-in with bonuses.